ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah who could have known that going from releasing 2 characters per month to 3 would cause problems.
    Oh, all of us? Huh.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm at 298 slots so this release is a case of either just accepting that 300+ is inevitable or selling a dupe 3 and blindly pretending that 300+ slots isn't inevitable.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I don't care about slots, they lowered the prices for those.
    But clearly the extra character is over their testing capability, judging by the broken skills, some of which have been around for 8 months or more, like the Hit monkey red team up.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It wouldn't hurt to skip some 3's on a more regular basis unless they truly have something different to serve up either as a same character variant or as a thematic link.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    It wouldn't hurt to skip some 3's on a more regular basis unless they truly have something different to serve up either as a same character variant or as a thematic link.

Precisely.

• Jacklag
    Options

@Scofie said:

Yeah and I absolutely get that. There are certain characters that I really do like and have some enjoyment playing with ignoring the mechanics aspect. But that's a personal segmentation of age, background and what was around at the time that you can connect to. What has been said already and elsewhere is that it is not just a game for people who have been reading comics for 10 years+ since the game came out. At some point, newer titles that you may not relate to or enjoy or even read will come out. At that point it's just a question of mechanics.

The outrage is not specifically at Spider-Rex and Venomsaurus (though if Trailblazer, Screentime and Safespace get into the game I WILL FREAK OUT!!!). It's the culmination of unimaginative 3/5 releases that all follow the same gimick: 3* Character A/5* Character A with a symbiote. Jeff the Landshark was already a jokey character, so putting him on a Symbiote suit was kinda funny. 5* Gwenom was already unimaginative and some players did complain about the lack of new animations. But Spider-Gwen did meld with a Symbiote at one point (I never read a Spider-Gwen comic, but it sounds plausible). But now another dual release of characters following the trope AND we are reading talk about a SUMMER OF SYMBIOTES... implying we can expect 3 more months of this shanenigans. We are telling the company to please stop!

• Jacklag
    Options

@Venomous said:

My thoughts are simply that everyone is thinking too much into the characters that get added. Something like Spider-Rex isn't all that weird when you remember this is the game that added Big Wheel.

Oh, don't even get me started on Big Wheel!

• Jacklag
    Options

@leviticuschom said:
    Insert plug for a 5* Mystique.

You mean Rebecca Romjin, not Jeniffer Lawrence, right?

• Bowgentle
    Options

@PorkBelly said:
    Did you know there is a limit on how many people you can ignore on these forums?
    It really needs to be expanded.

Yes, sadly it's limited to 20.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

Link’s doing the same. Thanks, but I’ll pass. My other social media platforms are enough, but I appreciate the offer just the same. Be well. 🙂

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

If a game is causing you angst it might be time to put it down for a bit. You might find that a little time off makes you appreciate it more. Or you might find that there are other fun things to occupy your time.

I've taken time off when things stopped being fun. Made me enjoy the game much more when I came back. If I get to a place where character choice or design bum me out I'll do it again.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@PorkBelly said:
    Did you know there is a limit on how many people you can ignore on these forums?

Yes, sadly it's limited to 20.

20 is like the number of active users in the forum right ?

Second tought, they could add venom old man logan as next 5* , like a delicate way of trolling by adding a wolverine AND a symbiote at the same time. (and to troll even more, add it at obsolete rarity level like 4*)

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:
    Link’s doing the same. Thanks, but I’ll pass. My other social media platforms are enough, but I appreciate the offer just the same. Be well. 🙂

It's alright. Honestly I tested the link and it seems to work. May just be a device problem where only Desktop can do it or something. Still. I appreciate it. If you change your mind, or you are anyone interested can privately message me here and I'll give my Discord info so I can invite that way.

My final note on this. I don't mind the 5 star Symbiotes because it gives 5 stars a theme similar to how all the Phoenix 5 are 5 star and MCU versions are 5 like High Evolutionary and Kang.

But I do agree more effort needs to be put into them. I didn't say my thoughts on 3 star Gwen but I do agree some new visuals would've been good. To me, I'd rather just have 3 Stars like that solely for feeding. Besides, it's what I feel a majority of players will be using them for anyway.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Jacklag said:

@leviticuschom said:
    Insert plug for a 5* Mystique.

You mean Rebecca Romjin, not Jeniffer Lawrence, right?

5* Rebecca
    4* Jennifer

There we go.

As for other things discussed in this thread: I agree with @DAZ0273 that the 3/5 system is more detrimental than beneficial. The 3* that have been released have already powercrept the 3* tier. Arcade and Kang are heads and shoulders above the vast majority of the 3* tier that existed before BCS introduced the 3/5 system. Magik and High Emo are extremely complicated for that tier. Remember when Iron Fist was considered OP when he was released? Remember when Punisher and Psylocke were hot stuff? Well, Spiderrex has just rendered Punisher irrevelant. It does mean that 2* to 3* transitioners, those in 3* land, and those transitioning to the 4* tier, have new and very effective toys to play with, so that's the plus side.

As for enough is enough...like many others, I learnt about many Marvel characters and their variants thanks to this game. When I started playing, I was like who the heck are Moonstone, Daken, the Hood? More recent examples include Big Wheel, Arcade, Hit Monkey, Jeff, Puck, the Runaways, Reptil. Yes, there are many more characters yet to be included that players want in the game. Yes, they could really do with cooling it with the symbiotes. But ultimately I enjoy seeing all sorts of characters in the game. It doesn't hurt that I like Venomsaurus' design (yes it's probably based on the Devil Dino template, but admittedly I just really like the Venom symbiote design. I'd be all for a 5* Eddie Brock). While the OP creator is entitled to their opinion, the OP just comes off as making a mountain out of a molehill. Also, I can't count the number of times someone has threatened to quit playing and/or stop spending money. We all know that after all the vitriol, you'll all still be here, matching 3 tiles of the same colour.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@PorkBelly said:

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will contact the Forum Administration team and see if we can expand the list.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Ooohhh, nice.
    Thank you.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's a great time to take a break from the game. Next 5* characters will be evo, spidergwenom and rexvenom. In 3 whole months I wouldn't miss anything. And actually I'm partially retiring. In 4 whole years I never missed SIM, puzzle gauntlet, and a couple of pvps (and only hitting 500 points), and almost I forgot a pve sub. That can be written pretty fast but it takes so much time to do it. I guess everyone just follows their own interests. And there are hundreds of games out there.
    3* and 5* releases are just following gacha games scripts. 3* characters powercreep will make viable for new players to compete with older 4* players. The real money offers provide a good chance to champ them, and an incentive to pull elite tokens (and to spend money to get hp too).
    Finally, I suggest the next 5* could be Super Mario disguised as cap America with a symbiote attached. I think it would be a great success, once they payed nintendo. And I think it wouldn't differ too much than the recent releases.
    (Of course a release like that would add 2 months to my retirement).

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think they are silly too. It is an option to just not roster them if they bother you a great deal though. Besides, we already have a cartoon spider pig. It really isn’t a step backward from that.

I would love some better releases too, they have been especially careful to avoid some of my favorites. I guess I just don’t see why it would make someone actually mad though.

Side note: I am down for a symbiote OML as long as he is a 5*. Seems like a good opportunity to make a 5* Wolvie that isn’t trash tier.

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options

The real tragedy is that they have not included 3Paste Pot Pete/ 5Trapster