ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Options
The_Boi_of_Steel
The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In

Must we get these dumb made up characters? Seriously? I’m not spending lots of money here for a stupid 3/5 Spider-Man DINOSAUR.

Marvel is rich with its own characters like Sasquatch, Shaman, Hercules, Thena, Arabian Knight. Heck, even Armadillo would be preferable right now.

My point is that I…and I’m sure A LOT of other fans who pay good money in this game want to see you use Marvel’s characters instead of the **** you developers are putting out there.

If this keeps up, you can delete my user profile in the game because I’ll permanently quit. My money is too valuable to waste on garbage like this. Start being serious or you’ll find a lot more people getting outraged and possibly leaving.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don’t care, I just want fun and useful skill sets to use. I’m way last caring who they are. 95% of the characters I’d never heard of anyway.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:
    Must we get these dumb made up characters? Seriously? I’m not spending lots of money here for a stupid 3/5 Spider-Man DINOSAUR.

Marvel is rich with its own characters like Sasquatch, Shaman, Hercules, Thena, Arabian Knight. Heck, even Armadillo would be preferable right now.

My point is that I…and I’m sure A LOT of other fans who pay good money in this game want to see you use Marvel’s characters instead of the **** you developers are putting out there.

If this keeps up, you can delete my user profile in the game because I’ll permanently quit. My money is too valuable to waste on garbage like this. Start being serious or you’ll find a lot more people getting outraged and possibly leaving.

This is a genuine question with no snark intended; if this character was revealed as 3/5* Sasquatch, you'd be ok with it?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did this really need its own thread? Spider-Saurus Rex has a character thread already.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

3Shaman/5Talisman?

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Scofie said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

This is a genuine question with no snark intended; if this character was revealed as 3/5* Sasquatch, you'd be ok with it?

Not as a dinosaur, but the character Sasquatch and others are much beloved and well established. If people’s are fine with this, more power to them.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Scofie said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

Not as a dinosaur, but the character Sasquatch and others are much beloved and well established. If people’s are fine with this, more power to them.

5 star would need to be a symbiote though. Is that canon?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

In retrospect, my other post from the other thread about the same character was too harsh, and didn't really say what I meant to say.

What I should have said is that comics can be goofy trifles for children, and they can also be serious stories for adults. They've always been both things. I feel like the attitude that comic books and comic book stories should ONLY be for adults is a new thing, and something that's not good, and I might have seen that where it didn't necessarily exist.

Comics can be fun or silly AND serious, sometimes both at the same time. We shouldn't dismiss the silly stuff though, because Marvel, especially, has always been a big tent that offers different things for different people. I think MPQ does a pretty good job of mixing things up between new and old, comics and MCU, silly and serious.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

I read a few comics with symbiotes, both venom movies and each time the "willing suspension of disbelief" disappear very fast. I heard there were good comics on them out there but from my pov they are just badly written and designed parasites.

I get that in the MCU, spider man is like the last bankable character because they are mass producing **** so devs are probably pressured into these spider pokemons, but I would much prefer getting 10 versions of wolverine rather than this string of goofy symbiotes. (and please no symbiote wolverine)

their only saving grace is they seem not very good so far, so little incentive to play them. I hope latest one also turns out to be super bad

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Can't say that I love this new take either. But I look at it this way: I want there to be another 10 years of MPQ. So yes, there will be many more of these gimmicky faux characters. But that also means there's plenty of time for rebalances, completing feeder chains, creating canon characters, and plug in the few missing secondary characters.

Insert plug for a 5* Mystique.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

I get it OP. Pretty much how I feel every time the new 5(now 3 and 5) is announced and it isn't Red Skull. And yes, Red Skull NEEDS to be a 5, not a 4*.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like these goofy ideas personally. and this one isn't unique to the game, it just isn't a classic like Omega Red...

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Think on the bright side, it could have been another wolverine.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

well red skull could be released as a 2*

@DyingLegend said:
    Think on the bright side, it could have been another wolverine.

I would be perfectly fine with a new wolverine, with proper buffing of existing oml