ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Options

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The fact that people are calling people entitled for not being good consumers is one of the more bitter ironies of Marvel fandom and late stage capitalism.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think the commitment to releasing 5 & 3 versions of the same character are hurting them here a bit. What would a 5 & 3 version of Sasquatch look like in reality? Sure you had the white version that was actually Snowbird for a while but I am not aware of two truly iconic versions of him. The example of 5Talisman/3Shaman would work much better and I think if they are going to continue with this it wouldn't hurt to release 3* that have a thematic attachment to the 5* but are not the same character. That way we won't end up with too many gimmicky versions such as we are getting with 3 out of 4 of the last releases being symbiotes at the 5* tier. I also don't think it will hurt them that much to skip the odd 3* now and again - I don't really think we needed 3 versions of Spider Gwen, they could have had another Spider-verse character to pair with Gwen (Miles?) and it would still be thematic.

Not everything has to or should be 3/5 characters. They’re compensating over the fact that they jumped to 4* and 5* too quickly. They didn’t take the time to develop it slowly first. If they would make alternating 3/4 and 3/5 once a season, that would be a bit better.

There’s also too many variants as well of the same character. I get what they’re doing. It’s a business, but they still have a very rich history to go through and, yes, I always knew they had newer characters, too. I do follow the books from time to time.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't see anyone saying that?

If you don't like the characters in this game, play a different game. Or don't buy this character. Or don't roster them.

If you expect a game like this to cater exclusively to your needs and ignore everyone else's, then that's pretty much the definition of "entitled."

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@Bad said:
    Well, I stated my opinion on his thread and I subscribe it letter to letter.
    If I wanted a puzzle animals game I'd had downloaded one.
    And precisely 5* tier is the most important. It's possible to let pass the shark (and I'm letting him pass by, by fact).
    But another one so fast is just excessive.
    There are hundreds of characters deserving a 5* tier before this one.
    And now I also question this: why do we have to smallow Marvel adds? Don't release a character who is running a few weeks its comic, in order to increase sells.
    Just release a character who is already well known and deserves it, or if is going to appear in a new movie which will be popular without any doubt.
    And not half baked products.

Agreed. Real strong and powerful characters are only deserving of such a level. Not every symbiote is 5* material. For instance, Arcade is nowhere near 5*. This is where a 3/4 application works for characters like him. Sebastian Shaw, the Black King is also little known like Arcade, but his strength, power, and command make him a very formidable character to use.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@Phumade said:
    We are still missing Phoenix 5 Namor!!! Until thats rectified we need to slow down on these obscure releases

He”s definitely coming. They’re taking their time, I’m sure. I’m just surprised a 5* Namor WF wasn’t made or even T’Challa’s sister as BP.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

If you don't like the characters in this game, play a different game. Or don't buy this character. Or don't roster them.

If you expect a game like this to cater exclusively to your needs and ignore everyone else's, then that's pretty much the definition of "entitled."

When you’re a paying…especially high paying…customer, that’s not entitlement.

When you’ve playing for free, you’re not contributing to their profit margin, so that’s entitlement.

Know the difference

• entrailbucket
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@entrailbucket said:

When you’re a paying…especially high paying…customer, that’s not entitlement.

When you’ve playing for free, you’re not contributing to their profit margin, so that’s entitlement.

Know the difference

If you're such a big spender (I don't recognize your name here), then why haven't you brought this up to your dev team contact directly?

Oh, do you not have a direct line to them? You don't talk to them on a regular basis? They set that up once you've reached a certain amount...

• liminal_lad
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

No one is ansking the game to cater to their needs. This is a straw man from the people saying anyone expressing dissatisfaction is entitled. No one has really threatened to leave, just expressed frustration with some of the recent new releases. People can disagree without name calling or hostility. This isn’t Reddit.

I roster every new release. I don’t have 18 550s because I’m fiscally responsible and have a life. I’m just feeling less and less excited about the new content. Maybe I’m a nostalgic fan or maybe the output really is going downhill. It’s hard to say.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

No one is ansking the game to cater to their needs. This is a straw man from the people saying anyone expressing dissatisfaction is entitled. No one has really threatened to leave, just expressed frustration with some of the recent new releases. People can disagree without name calling or hostility. This isn’t Reddit.

I roster every new release. I don’t have 18 550s because I’m fiscally responsible and have a life. I’m just feeling less and less excited about the new content. Maybe I’m a nostalgic fan or maybe the output really is going downhill. It’s hard to say.

Didn't the original post here say that if they released another character he didn't like, that he'd quit?

Where is the name calling and hostility? I see someone accusing me of being fiscally irresponsible and not having a life, and the original poster claimed that this character is an OUTRAGE, but I haven't seen much else.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,033 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@ViralCore said:
    How dare you start a non-nerf-chasm thread?!?

How dare I. 😂🤣😂

You act is if I attacked your religion. 😂🤣😂

Did you hear that big whoosh? That was the sound of the joke going over your head.

VC was very clearly being sarcastic. No one is actually outraged that your thread isn't about nerfing chasm.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@Venomous said:
    I just want to add that this isn't an OC or some original character PQ made just for the sake of a new Spider themed character. This is an actual character who has had an ongoing comic series going on for a few weeks now.

My thoughts are simply that everyone is thinking too much into the characters that get added. Something like Spider-Rex isn't all that weird when you remember this is the game that added Big Wheel.

In the end, if the devs want to goof off or just have fun adding characters, I see no problem in it. It's easy to be negative and upset with the things they did for the game or didn't do for the game yet. But this new team has done so much good. Having new 3 stars at all was a welcome improvement. Bonus shards got revamped to the point they are quite generous. Revamped Deadpool Daily means everyone gets 45 Heroic Points every single day. A currency that normally would have to be paid for. They fixed the roster problem by adding a cap to how much new player slots cost. Begun reworking and fixing old characters. Yes. I know there are some that got hurt by it, but some got helped greatly by it too.

If you aren't a fan of a character that gets added, then you can simply not use them. In the end this is a game. Everyone is entitled to play how they want to play.

Your link is invalid, it says, but thanks for the invite.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@liminal_lad said:

@entrailbucket said:

Didn't the original post here say that if they released another character he didn't like, that he'd quit?

Where is the name calling and hostility? I see someone accusing me of being fiscally irresponsible and not having a life, and the original poster claimed that this character is an OUTRAGE, but I haven't seen much else.

One person expresses frustration and other people agree that there’s been a perceived quality gap. Suddenly a legion of concern trolls and white knights come out swinging and calling people entitled or unreasonable. Gatekeeping is invoked. It’s all so ridiculous.

The toxic positivity around here is exhausting. I also don’t have time to be a reply guy. I’m going to stop feeding the fire. Have a good one.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I've been on this forum for 10 years and this is the first time I've ever seen it accused of positivity (toxic or otherwise).

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Venomous said:
    I just want to add that this isn't an OC or some original character PQ made just for the sake of a new Spider themed character. This is an actual character who has had an ongoing comic series going on for a few weeks now.

My thoughts are simply that everyone is thinking too much into the characters that get added. Something like Spider-Rex isn't all that weird when you remember this is the game that added Big Wheel.

In the end, if the devs want to goof off or just have fun adding characters, I see no problem in it. It's easy to be negative and upset with the things they did for the game or didn't do for the game yet. But this new team has done so much good. Having new 3 stars at all was a welcome improvement. Bonus shards got revamped to the point they are quite generous. Revamped Deadpool Daily means everyone gets 45 Heroic Points every single day. A currency that normally would have to be paid for. They fixed the roster problem by adding a cap to how much new player slots cost. Begun reworking and fixing old characters. Yes. I know there are some that got hurt by it, but some got helped greatly by it too.

If you aren't a fan of a character that gets added, then you can simply not use them. In the end this is a game. Everyone is entitled to play how they want to play.

Oh is it really? Thanks for letting me know. I'll get to fixing it.

As for a safe place. I say safe because it's geared towards new players wanting a place to learn the game. Sometimes a safe place is all that's needed. Not one where everyone says to build the best characters but instead a place to enjoy and have fun with the game.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@Venomous said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Venomous said:

As for a safe place. I say safe because it's geared towards new players wanting a place to learn the game. Sometimes a safe place is all that's needed. Not one where everyone says to build the best characters but instead a place to enjoy and have fun with the game.

Got it. 👍🏼

Unfortunately, it still says my browser, Safari, can’t open the link because it’s invalid. I’m sure you have Safari and Apple iPad users. 😢 it’s ok. These things happen.

• Venomous
    edited June 2023
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Venomous said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Venomous said:

Got it. 👍🏼

Unfortunately, it still says my browser, Safari, can’t open the link because it’s invalid. I’m sure you have Safari and Apple iPad users. 😢 it’s ok. These things happen.

Yeah. I'll see what I can do. Again, thank you for letting me know.

As for the views on the game. In the end there isn't really a right answer here. Everyone plays for different reasons and pays or doesn't pay what they want. As for me, I am not a whale but I do spend on PQ sometimes. I am not someone who plays heavily in the meta or even has many finished 5 stars. I'm just here to have fun. I love Marvel and the gameplay to PQ is honestly quite fun to me. Characters like Spider-Rex, as much as I may not be a fan, are ways to help me learn of new characters in the process.

But why I play, may not be why others play. And responding to a comment made earlier. I am positive about the game because I enjoy it. It isn't toxic positivity, because trust me this forum is not positive, just bring up Chasm, it's me defending the game I love. I know there are people who feel a similar way as you do with Spider-Rex. They've made themselves known. But bashing the game or those attempting to defend the game they love isn't okay. Not saying you did, although I know there are guilty parties on both sides here. But I also don't think we should all be devolving this conversation to such hate towards one another.

You've expressed your opinion and so I think it's good for everyone to move on. There will always be releases and characters people won't like. It's normal. But 1 bad character doesn't mean the end of the game. Had it been true, I am sure several would've left by now. But PQ doesn't last as long as it has by doing solely unwanted characters. I feel like after this next 4 star, the 3 star/5 star may be someone to serve as the opposite as Spider-Rex. Someone people have wanted for a long time.

• Venomous
    Options

And last note. If you really want to join the server, I am open to it. I can give you my Discord info in dms and we can friend each other so I can send it that way.

This goes for anyone who finds themselves unable to use the link. DM me and I'll friend you on Discord to give you the invite that way.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

" To defend the game I love". Yeah, that truly brings me back memories.
    I wonder if I should update "the game I love" for "the game I used to".
    After destroying pvp experience andeach time me playing less, these goofy characters who used to appear on April's Fool are just the cherry on top.
    However now it seems to be April again each 2 months.
    I enjoyed hoarding up to 220 pulls and champ em all. But with these characters now I need to wait and wait long months until they exit.
    Waiting for if the thing gets better, but it seems unlikely to happen.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think the commitment to releasing 5 & 3 versions of the same character are hurting them here a bit. What would a 5 & 3 version of Sasquatch look like in reality? Sure you had the white version that was actually Snowbird for a while but I am not aware of two truly iconic versions of him. The example of 5Talisman/3Shaman would work much better and I think if they are going to continue with this it wouldn't hurt to release 3* that have a thematic attachment to the 5* but are not the same character. That way we won't end up with too many gimmicky versions such as we are getting with 3 out of 4 of the last releases being symbiotes at the 5* tier. I also don't think it will hurt them that much to skip the odd 3* now and again - I don't really think we needed 3 versions of Spider Gwen, they could have had another Spider-verse character to pair with Gwen (Miles?) and it would still be thematic.

You’re misunderstanding. I get the whole Spider-verse connection that they’re doing as well as 3/5. I just threw Sasquatch out there and everyone is focusing on just that, which is quite amusing. If anything, I recommended in the past a 3/5 Hulk of 3* Grey Hulk (weaker strength/smart mouth) to a 5* Professor Hulk (Peter David’s run).

I didn't intentionally make it about Sasquatch, just as you referred to him in consecutive posts he seemed important to you. My point was and still is that not every character is going to be suitable for the 3/5 release no matter how iconic that character is and because of that this schedule is going to have to lean into gimmicks or we are going to lose characters we think should be 5* into being 4*. On this occasion the release follows a recent Marvel comic they want to promote so the Devs probably had limited options but the 5* answer each time cannot just be "Oh yeah also when they were Venom".

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Not everything has to or should be 3/5 characters. They’re compensating over the fact that they jumped to 4* and 5* too quickly. They didn’t take the time to develop it slowly first. If they would make alternating 3/4 and 3/5 once a season, that would be a bit better.

There’s also too many variants as well of the same character. I get what they’re doing. It’s a business, but they still have a very rich history to go through and, yes, I always knew they had newer characters, too. I do follow the books from time to time.

Unless they change the 5/3 release scheme then expect more gimmicks because there are not really multiple iconic versions of most of these characters - 5* Nick Fury (No Eyepatch) and 3* Nick Fury (Eyepatch) won't really excite me...but then again if he is great to play with there will also be others who care not a jot.