meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

It's good to keep hoarding
    You will get two cover by boss event
    Why do you need to spend on it ?

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options

Personally, I don't think a match-3 gacha game is worth fighting over if you're someone whose primary focus is lore and canon. Most characters get a sentence or two buried in their bio and whatever you can infer from their affiliations; on rare occasions they get their own event. But if you only want to collect the characters you love, maybe try comic books, cosplay, action figures, or trading cards?

There's 300+ characters in the game. There are going to be silly ones you don't like. But I'm pretty sure most active MPQ players would play as Taserface every time if he was the current S-tier over-powered meta that allowed them to win PVP or PVE quickly & easily.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why do the symbiote versions always get to be the 5* version? Spider-Rex would kick stupid DinoVenom's butt!

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
    Options

How dare you start a non-nerf-chasm thread?!?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:

@Scofie said:

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:
    Must we get these dumb made up characters? Seriously? I’m not spending lots of money here for a stupid 3/5 Spider-Man DINOSAUR.

Marvel is rich with its own characters like Sasquatch, Shaman, Hercules, Thena, Arabian Knight. Heck, even Armadillo would be preferable right now.

My point is that I…and I’m sure A LOT of other fans who pay good money in this game want to see you use Marvel’s characters instead of the **** you developers are putting out there.

If this keeps up, you can delete my user profile in the game because I’ll permanently quit. My money is too valuable to waste on garbage like this. Start being serious or you’ll find a lot more people getting outraged and possibly leaving.

This is a genuine question with no snark intended; if this character was revealed as 3/5* Sasquatch, you'd be ok with it?

Not as a dinosaur, but the character Sasquatch and others are much beloved and well established. If people’s are fine with this, more power to them.

Thanks, I didn't mean as a Dinosaur. I was genuinely curious as to whether it was the skins or the powers that were the issue. If this was Sasquatch (Classic) rather than Brockosaurus it would make no difference to me at all because I don't know either of them. So the important thing to me is what they do in the game.

As an example, if Cosmo were a bit more Chasm-o in the power stakes, I would not care if they were a dog or Red Skull. The enjoyment is from playing the game and developing teams of fun power combos. But I get that others care and have different drivers for why they enjoy the game.

I guess the balance is a bit off at the moment between game functionality/ current promotion and Classic comic characters.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think the commitment to releasing 5 & 3 versions of the same character are hurting them here a bit. What would a 5 & 3 version of Sasquatch look like in reality? Sure you had the white version that was actually Snowbird for a while but I am not aware of two truly iconic versions of him. The example of 5Talisman/3Shaman would work much better and I think if they are going to continue with this it wouldn't hurt to release 3* that have a thematic attachment to the 5* but are not the same character. That way we won't end up with too many gimmicky versions such as we are getting with 3 out of 4 of the last releases being symbiotes at the 5* tier. I also don't think it will hurt them that much to skip the odd 3* now and again - I don't really think we needed 3 versions of Spider Gwen, they could have had another Spider-verse character to pair with Gwen (Miles?) and it would still be thematic.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, I stated my opinion on his thread and I subscribe it letter to letter.
    If I wanted a puzzle animals game I'd had downloaded one.
    And precisely 5* tier is the most important. It's possible to let pass the shark (and I'm letting him pass by, by fact).
    But another one so fast is just excessive.
    There are hundreds of characters deserving a 5* tier before this one.
    And now I also question this: why do we have to smallow Marvel adds? Don't release a character who is running a few weeks its comic, in order to increase sells.
    Just release a character who is already well known and deserves it, or if is going to appear in a new movie which will be popular without any doubt.
    And not half baked products.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Spider-Rex origin story gets even better. After he got hit by the meteorite which caused him to swap bodies with the bully T-Rex, get Spider powers and a costume too, he tries to swing away but the tree branch breaks and he ends up crushing the bad guy and some innocent other Dino's! This is a script that Marv Wolfman, creator of Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew would have looked at and said "Nah, too silly". I love it.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bad said:
    Well, I stated my opinion on his thread and I subscribe it letter to letter.
    If I wanted a puzzle animals game I'd had downloaded one.
    And precisely 5* tier is the most important. It's possible to let pass the shark (and I'm letting him pass by, by fact).
    But another one so fast is just excessive.
    There are hundreds of characters deserving a 5* tier before this one.
    And now I also question this: why do we have to smallow Marvel adds? Don't release a character who is running a few weeks its comic, in order to increase sells.
    Just release a character who is already well known and deserves it, or if is going to appear in a new movie which will be popular without any doubt.
    And not half baked products.

To paraphrase what I said in the other thread, I wonder if this is what modern Marvel fandom looks like. Manga is massively more popular now than super hero comics, so maybe this overly twee stuff really is what’s selling.

I doubt Spider Rex fans are MPQ whales but that’s hard to say.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

@The_Boi_of_Steel said:
    Must we get these dumb made up characters? Seriously? I’m not spending lots of money here for a stupid 3/5 Spider-Man DINOSAUR.

All characters are made up, I thought you should know. Not all of them are dumb, but they can't be found in nature nor they evolve naturally.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:

I'd imagine it's a condition of the licence.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

Marvel is rich with its own characters like Sasquatch, Shaman, Hercules, Thena, Arabian Knight. Heck, even Armadillo would be preferable right now.
    Thanks, I didn't mean as a Dinosaur. I was genuinely curious as to whether it was the skins or the powers that were the issue. If this was Sasquatch (Classic) rather than Brockosaurus it would make no difference to me at all because I don't know either of them. So the important thing to me is what they do in the game.

As an example, if Cosmo were a bit more Chasm-o in the power stakes, I would not care if they were a dog or Red Skull. The enjoyment is from playing the game and developing teams of fun power combos. But I get that others care and have different drivers for why they enjoy the game.

I guess the balance is a bit off at the moment between game functionality/ current promotion and Classic comic characters.

I guess we are different in that way. The reason I play Marvel Puzzle Quest rather than Candy Crush or GI Joe Puzzle quest is because I grew up with Marvel Comics, I watched Marvel cartoon shows and I watch(ed?) MCU movies. The characters in this game produce an emotional response on me. If characters were just a collection of mechanics and artwork... well, why pay royalties to Marvel at all?

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We are still missing Phoenix 5 Namor!!! Until thats rectified we need to slow down on these obscure releases

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jacklag said:

I guess we are different in that way. The reason I play Marvel Puzzle Quest rather than Candy Crush or GI Joe Puzzle quest is because I grew up with Marvel Comics, I watched Marvel cartoon shows and I watch(ed?) MCU movies. The characters in this game produce an emotional response on me. If characters were just a collection of mechanics and artwork... well, why pay royalties to Marvel at all?

Yeah and I absolutely get that. There are certain characters that I really do like and have some enjoyment playing with ignoring the mechanics aspect. But that's a personal segmentation of age, background and what was around at the time that you can connect to. What has been said already and elsewhere is that it is not just a game for people who have been reading comics for 10 years+ since the game came out. At some point, newer titles that you may not relate to or enjoy or even read will come out. At that point it's just a question of mechanics.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Im utterly disappointed with this release. But thats only because its another release that isnt 5* Nova (Richard Rider).

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    The_Boi_of_Steel Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

“Looking for a safe place to talk Marvel Puzzle Quest? Consider joining my Discord server here.“.

Thanks for the info, but I don’t feel unsafe at all. In fact, I’m quite amused with all the children here who got so upset over a post that’s not aimed at them. 😂 I get they Love this game and respect it, but it’s as if I’ve attacked their addiction.

As long as my voice is heard, others will take comfort that they’re not alone who feel the same way.

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think the commitment to releasing 5 & 3 versions of the same character are hurting them here a bit. What would a 5 & 3 version of Sasquatch look like in reality? Sure you had the white version that was actually Snowbird for a while but I am not aware of two truly iconic versions of him. The example of 5Talisman/3Shaman would work much better and I think if they are going to continue with this it wouldn't hurt to release 3* that have a thematic attachment to the 5* but are not the same character. That way we won't end up with too many gimmicky versions such as we are getting with 3 out of 4 of the last releases being symbiotes at the 5* tier. I also don't think it will hurt them that much to skip the odd 3* now and again - I don't really think we needed 3 versions of Spider Gwen, they could have had another Spider-verse character to pair with Gwen (Miles?) and it would still be thematic.

You’re misunderstanding. I get the whole Spider-verse connection that they’re doing as well as 3/5. I just threw Sasquatch out there and everyone is focusing on just that, which is quite amusing. If anything, I recommended in the past a 3/5 Hulk of 3* Grey Hulk (weaker strength/smart mouth) to a 5* Professor Hulk (Peter David’s run).

• The_Boi_of_Steel
    Options

@ViralCore said:
    How dare you start a non-nerf-chasm thread?!?

How dare I. 😂🤣😂

You act is if I attacked your religion. 😂🤣😂

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've got 18 550s, I've spent more than I'd care to admit, and I'm pretty thrilled with this guy. I'll probably spend something on him.

The other big spenders I still talk to couldn't care less about who a character is -- they've spent years exclusively using the 5th most important character from the Black Panther movie, or some weird Spider-guy nobody's heard of.

I don't think they're going to be losing any revenue over this guy (or anyone else), and I don't see any consensus that spenders are OUTRAGED that they didn't get the exact character they wanted.