What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Come on EB, do you really believe that or are you just trying to keep the forum conversation going?

I’m with Bow: there is no indication this is intentional, and every indication (compensation, dev posts indicating it’s not meant to happen, OSS changing back to 3 days, etc) that it’s unintended.

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Well it's fixed now and OSS is now a 3 day event

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Logic says it's unintentional, unless finally they lost their mind and they want to kill the game for once (3% probability).
    The events snafus started happening after the bugged apoc boss event, so I'd say they pulled a wrong lever trying to fix it then.

• Bad
    Options

Yeah but the hunt was an isolated issue. It started with all subs unlocked, hence the need to rerun it another time colliding with the next pve. That happened a few times, it hasn't happened again.
    Imo pves colliding without a reason are because of apoc event. And the forum warned that the alliance points were ridiculously wrong, but oh surprise, they didn't heard us.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bad said:
    Yeah but the hunt was an isolated issue. It started with all subs unlocked, hence the need to rerun it another time colliding with the next pve. That happened a few times, it hasn't happened again.
    Imo pves colliding without a reason are because of apoc event. And the forum warned that the alliance points were ridiculously wrong, but oh surprise, they didn't heard us.

Look at the dates listed above. The overlapping started before the re-running of the Apocalypse Boss event. That doesn't even include all of the events that started/ended on Friday, or the gaps in-between events.

• Bad
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

Look at the dates listed above. The overlapping started before the re-running of the Apocalypse Boss event. That doesn't even include all of the events that started/ended on Friday, or the gaps in-between events.

I looked at the dates listed above.
    All issues were because of days off. After apoc event started overlapping, with hunt rerun exception, and boss events and pve overlapping.
    Exactly like I said above.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No DDQ?
    Did that get broken by the pulled 4-day version of Spider Silk now?

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

I think there are different causes to some of the events in Wolvie's post. As Bad says, the Hunt was deliberately re-run because it was broken the first time they ran it. The gap in January was down to "an error in preparation from the holiday break".

The more recent issues seem to be more due to a technical problem. As quoted further up this thread, Ice IX has said "The Event group is checking into all this recent overlap. The tools say one thing, the game is saying another once it's ingested."

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well now DDQ isn't showing up (and Taco Vault is missing) so who knows what else changing OSS to three days managed to break.

• Bowgentle
    Options

This makes a good case for them usually NOT pulling events, if this is truly related.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

@JimboJambo said:
    I think there are different causes to some of the events in Wolvie's post. As Bad says, the Hunt was deliberately re-run because it was broken the first time they ran it. The gap in January was down to "an error in preparation from the holiday break".

The more recent issues seem to be more due to a technical problem. As quoted further up this thread, Ice IX has said "The Event group is checking into all this recent overlap. The tools say one thing, the game is saying another once it's ingested."

Yes, there wasn't one single cause that covered all of the scheduling irregularities. At least, for those we know about.

@Bad said:
    The events snafus started happening after the bugged apoc boss event, so I'd say they pulled a wrong lever trying to fix it then.

The event snafus weren't limited to only the overlapping events. Unless gaps in the PVE schedule are considered normal, there have been numerous unexplained instances in which there was literally nothing happening during the week. I mean, there was a full 3 days in which PVE players had nothing to do. And other instances where the gap was preceded by overlapping events. It's madness, I tell you! :o

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    Come on EB, do you really believe that or are you just trying to keep the forum conversation going?

I’m with Bow: there is no indication this is intentional, and every indication (compensation, dev posts indicating it’s not meant to happen, OSS changing back to 3 days, etc) that it’s unintended.

A little bit of Column A, a little bit of Column B. With the amount of times it's happened and the general lack of response, I don't think it's crazy to ask if some of it's been happening by design.

Have they actually specifically confirmed that the goal is to have exactly one non-boss PvE event going at all times?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I think the idea is they want one boss event per season. It was like this a long time ago but Demi let it slide before BCS took over.

It make sense a season should have a lot of PvE work and a boss event, and if you clear the boss event you are rewarded.

Think how sweet it would be if players somehow acquired some sort of unique resources in the various PVP and PVE Events throughout the season, which then could be applied towards defeating the Boss in the "season finale" boss event. A little build-up to make the seasons feel a little more concise and meaningful. Even if they were something as simple as a boss-only boost that could be applied. Like the old character-specific boosts (but instead they were opponent-specific).
    I know bosses are mostly a walk in the park for players with mature rosters but think how impactful it could be to weaker rosters. It could motivate them to grind a little more throughout the season, knowing it would yield them extra assistance against the "Big Bad Boss" at the end.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Sure.
    You really want BCS to implement that, with everything coming apart at the seams right now?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,667 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll settle for the upcoming Boss Event not explode anything.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am absolutely not disagreeing with you or saying that this... whatever...they're doing now is what they should be doing. I'm just saying that nobody knows what their actual intentions are, because they haven't really said much of anything.

One would think that they'd tell us about purposeful changes to the schedule, but there's been a lot of stuff one would think they'd tell us...

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,420 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    Think how sweet it would be if players somehow acquired some sort of unique resources in the various PVP and PVE Events throughout the season, which then could be applied towards defeating the Boss in the "season finale" boss event. A little build-up to make the seasons feel a little more concise and meaningful. Even if they were something as simple as a boss-only boost that could be applied. Like the old character-specific boosts (but instead they were opponent-specific).
    I know bosses are mostly a walk in the park for players with mature rosters but think how impactful it could be to weaker rosters. It could motivate them to grind a little more throughout the season, knowing it would yield them extra assistance against the "Big Bad Boss" at the end.

Sounds cool, but Chasm is in our the roster saying hello.
    Imagine them trying to implement long term progression. They might get it right after 2 years.
    I like what BCS does, but they have a garbage track record of doing anything new.

Imagine if they tried to do what you implied....Chasm exists. We would never see an actualized event, just compensation for their failure.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Have they actually specifically confirmed that the goal is to have exactly one non-boss PvE event going at all times?

Whenever more than one PVE event is running at the same time, player engagement is down. Every single time. Without failure.

It doesn't matter what combination (Boss and PVE, or PVE and PVE) or what rewards are offered, the PVE brackets fill slower with concurrent events. And it's not just that these players join later, otherwise, the PVE brackets would eventually catch-up (they don't). They've simply vanished from play. The presumption is that these players have chosen (more likely, forced) to play only one of the events, for whatever reason(s) including no time for both events, Boss alliance-focused only, and preference or lack of interest.

If the goal is to discourage players from playing PVE, this is how to do it. :|

For me personally if I'm engaged I'm down for extra content to play - I'm totally cool skipping stuff though. I know not everyone is, but when I want to distract myself with dual screen action and play while rewatching stuff to just... zone out, that's most of my play time. If I want legitimate stimulus as entertainment I'm generally reading or watching something that effs with my mind like Dark or something haha. I think it's great to run dual events, even if players have to choose which to play they will be playing the same amount if they still play one right? Maybe for concurrent events they could do one event with current characters and one with classics so if players have to choose they can pick the new one, unless they're really interested in filling out a classic character they never completed or something like that.

Or they could listen to one of my long time suggestions and implement PvE seasons - in which case they could put the 2nd event outside of the season like lightning rounds in PvP - so players know what is the main route as it were and which is bonus content and maybe not get angry about not receiving literally every possible play reward that exists haha.