What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

OSS preview is up.
    Not LIT as announced in the new 4* thread.
    It's 4 days long and it will end on Friday.
    It will be the 4th 4-day event in a row!
    Another overlap in sight...

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

@EddieCL said:
    OSS preview is up.
    Not LIT as announced in the new 4* thread.
    It's 4 days long and it will end on Friday.
    It will be the 4th 4-day event in a row!
    Another overlap in sight...

@ice1X - Have the Devs figured out why these are happening yet or when the overlaps will stop/ be fixed?

• _TrashPanda
    edited April 2023
    Options

Operation Spider Silk again might overlap like it did in FFW if there is a PvE event after. Or is this something that we should expect to see going forward in the future now? @IceIX

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's almost like the date is out by a day on either the test or production servers which is why it appears fine in one place and is broken in the other.

KGB

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

Next event after OSS should be a Boss event, so the overlap (if any, but most likely) will not be so bad.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

@_TrashPanda said:
    Operation Spider Silk is again overlapping with Fight For Wakanda. Or is this something that we should expect to see going forward in the future now? @IceIX

I believe the overlap this time will be with the event starting on Thursday, whether that is a Boss event or another PVE. To overcomplicate schedules further, there will be yet another dual event ending at the end of the week with PVE & PVP ending 1 hour apart.

• _TrashPanda
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

@_TrashPanda said:
    Operation Spider Silk is again overlapping with Fight For Wakanda. Or is this something that we should expect to see going forward in the future now? @IceIX

I believe the overlap this time will be with the event starting on Thursday, whether that is a Boss event or another PVE. To overcomplicate schedules further, there will be yet another dual event ending at the end of the week with PVE & PVP ending 1 hour apart.

Yeah, sorry, meant to say "OSS again might overlap like it did in FFW if there is a PvE event after". Was looking at FFW and misspoke :(. If it's a boss event after then will be fine. Was trying to give Devs an advance heads up if for some reason they planned another PvE after OSS given that was said they can't do anything if preview was already up.

Fixed original post now thx

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I feel like Dormammu stuck in the time loop with Dr Strange. Someone pls make it stop, I just wanna get back on a regular playing schedule again.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 602 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

I can't believe we are already talking about another tinykitty overlap right after we got done with this last one. I don't care if it is boss or regular pve. Please please stop the overlapping pves.

• Wolvie171
    Options

Scheduling events is one of the game's most basic and core functions. If the developer (BCS), who is responsible for designing & creating the events, or the publisher (D3/505), who is responsible for marketing & monetizing the events, can't communicate what events are in the pipeline and when they happen, this game is going in the wrong direction. In a very bad way :'(

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:
    Scheduling events is one of the game's most basic and core functions. If the developer (BCS), who is responsible for designing & creating the events, or the publisher (D3/505), who is responsible for marketing & monetizing the events, can't communicate what events are in the pipeline and when they happen, this game is going in the wrong direction. In a very bad way :'(

I'm afraid it is not just that they can't communicate the event dates, they actually seem to be unable to control the dates. The following quote from IceIX from another thread indicates this if I'm reading it correctly.

IceIX quote: "The Event group is checking into all this recent overlap. The tools say one thing, the game is saying another once it's ingested."

• Wolvie171
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Chipster22 said:

@Wolvie171 said:

I'm afraid it is not just that they can't communicate the event dates, they actually seem to be unable to control the dates. The following quote from IceIX from another thread indicates this if I'm reading it correctly.

IceIX quote: "The Event group is checking into all this recent overlap. The tools say one thing, the game is saying another once it's ingested."

Yes, that response was nearly 1 week ago when players first raised a scheduling concern. Has there been any update since?

With OSS this week, it will be the 3rd time events have overlapped. All within a short time span of only 1 month. This is unprecedented. :#

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hate to say it...but are you guys sure this scheduling stuff is by accident, at this point? This actually isn't totally unprecedented -- I remember in the early days of the game the event scheduling was almost random. It's been like 7 years, but I remember there was a vigorous debate on here about whether people wanted to always have an event running, or if they wanted breaks.

I don't know...is it possible they want it to be this way?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Hate to say it...but are you guys sure this scheduling stuff is by accident, at this point? This actually isn't totally unprecedented -- I remember in the early days of the game the event scheduling was almost random. It's been like 7 years, but I remember there was a vigorous debate on here about whether people wanted to always have an event running, or if they wanted breaks.

I'm pretty sure at least the overlap of regular PVE is not intentional.
    What's the point in having time slices if you have to go off the one slice that works.
    I don't care about Boss events overlapping, they can keep that.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Am I losing my mind or did they just change OSS to be 3 days now instead of 4?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yes, I had joined last night, now had to join again.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'm pretty sure at least the overlap of regular PVE is not intentional.
    What's the point in having time slices if you have to go off the one slice that works.
    I don't care about Boss events overlapping, they can keep that.

Who knows? They haven't really said much about it, and haven't acknowledged the problems in awhile (if they do still think they're problems). The lack of communication kind of calls the whole thing into question, doesn't it?

Which is more likely, that this has been accidentally happening for however long with no communication, or it's just intended behavior that they haven't commented on yet?

• Bowgentle
    edited April 2023
    Options

With all the bugs going on with characters, and their compensation for scheduling problems a few days ago, I'm still leaning towards unintentional.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    With all the bugs going on with characters, and their compensation for scheduling problems a few days ago, I'm still leaning towards unintentional.

I hope it is! This doesn't really affect me, but I know plenty of folks are upset about it.