What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

BCS is running the show now. A little surprise here and there is not uncommon. :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think we can all do without any more PVE "surprises" from them until they manage to get their schedule back on track.
    But I'm sure the events look fine on their test server, what could possibly go wrong.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does this mean we will have the original environmental things too from FFW? I can't remember exactly what was what but there was some shenanigans each day that the old Devs removed as players moaned.

• Bowgentle
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Does this mean we will have the original environmental things too from FFW? I can't remember exactly what was what but there was some shenanigans each day that the old Devs removed as players moaned.

CD tiles that were supposed to be neutral but always went off on your own turn, dealing damage.
    Pray we won't have 4/3 clears and a 2* essential instead of a CN again too.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I need those Wong shards to finish him. Gonna be super annoyed if this is screwed up. Unless it is screwed up in my favour, in which case fine.

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    1. Cd that turned protect tiles into enemy protect tiles
    2. Cd that randomly stun characters (both ai and players)
    3. Cd that damages both front characters

This is one of the most fun non-typical pve with placemment

• DAZ0273
    Options

I have no issues with that format as long as it is a proper SCL10 adapted version.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Surely they learned from EOTS.
    Surely...

• HoundofShadow
    Options

All that needs to happen is that their live server behaves like their test server.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I don't wanna be mean but if they didn't notice that a whole day is missing when they tested this then I think we have bigger problems than just server issues. Let us hope this is all part of a plan and we can all be like Hannibal Smith pleased about it.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

At least they seems to be testing things out slowly, for example, the rotation of Kamar-Taj and Krakoa Support.

• emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Apologies for the late reply folks. The holidays last week and this week are slowing things down from responding here.

Infinite Pursuit did in fact start a day earlier than intended due to a scheduling error, which creates a 1-day gap tomorrow. Unfortunately, once it shows up in-game, there's no quick way for us to make a scheduling adjustment without a major risk of breaking other areas.

We're reevaluating the upcoming events right now and will be making adjustments so please stay tuned for an update to this thread.

We now have 4 day cosmic Chaos, where the calendar allowed space for a 3 day event TBC. Does this mean thees will be another overlap between cosmic Chaos & strange Sights?

• emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

@emswad said:

@S0kun said:
    Apologies for the late reply folks. The holidays last week and this week are slowing things down from responding here.

Infinite Pursuit did in fact start a day earlier than intended due to a scheduling error, which creates a 1-day gap tomorrow. Unfortunately, once it shows up in-game, there's no quick way for us to make a scheduling adjustment without a major risk of breaking other areas.

We're reevaluating the upcoming events right now and will be making adjustments so please stay tuned for an update to this thread.

We now have 4 day cosmic Chaos, where the calendar allowed space for a 3 day event TBC. Does this mean thees will be another overlap between cosmic Chaos & strange Sights?

Oh geez, the list doesn't even match up with the calendar 🤦‍♀️

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    1. Cd that turned protect tiles into enemy protect tiles
    2. Cd that randomly stun characters (both ai and players)
    3. Cd that damages both front characters

This is one of the most fun non-typical pve with placemment

Also, they expired on the enemy's turn, meaning that any resulting cascade hurt you and gave AP to the AI team.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If you matched away those cds, you earn aps for that. Example 3* Hawkeye gained you ap even though those tiles are supposed to be neutral. I expect Mantis and whoever has similar abilities benefit from that. Even 4* Dr Ock could turn those cds into basic tiles passively every turn.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

Oh geez, the list doesn't even match up with the calendar 🤦‍♀️

Good grief. This isn't cool. I even posted earlier that there was a bad overlap coming up with Strange Sights, and no one even looked at this? Not cool.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It would seem BCS has left the scheduling of events up to a team of monkeys throwing poop in a room everywhere and whatever events and timeframes it lands on is what they’re going for. It’s a lawless time we live in these days.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    It would seem BCS has left the scheduling of events up to a team of monkeys throwing poop in a room everywhere and whatever events and timeframes it lands on is what they’re going for. It’s a lawless time we live in these days.

Demi used to do that.
    Good to see we've come full circle.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@bigjojo04 said:

Demi used to do that.
    Good to see we've come full circle.

Can't come full circle with a broken one.

• lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's not even that hard. Events start on Thursdays. If it's a 3 day, the next one starts on Sunday and it's a 4 day event. If it's a 4 day, next one starts on Monday and it's a 3 day event. How can there be so many mistakes with one simple formula?