I can’t believe it’s not a Chasm nerf thread

1235»

Comments

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 104 Tile Toppler

@Sekilicious said:

@GrimSkald said:
    I don't think it's ironic at all. Chasm actually makes the speed issue worse - the speed issue is that if a power costs more than 7 or 8 AP, it's not fast enough. In a normal game this is because by the time you can bring that 9-12 AP power to bear, you could have already won with a different team. With Chasm you'll simply never get the AP to use that 9-12 AP power unless you have something feeding it - unless you're profoundly lucky you can't get there through normal play.

So yes, the same people who are disappointed that more expensive powers are less useful under normal circumstances want Chasm nerfed because they're almost completely useless against him.

If you say so. We also have threads complaining about puzzle gauntlets so I am skeptical that is the problem here. I would suggest that people started with the conclusion that 'Chasm is awful and can never be defeated', then fit whatever contradictory evidence they can find into that conclusion. I really don't mind as it helps me float with my troll iHulk while I knock off the champed versions on the way up. If he is nerfed to the ground as people request I will say the same in the nerf threads about the new meta teams with mThor at the center.

Never mind. I just saw @SourCream 's video of Jubilee, mThor, Colossus. That team is insane, though match damage boosts are expensive.

Just a cute team to toy with. As usual, against Hulk, just a matter of time for any 4*.
    Imo as long the revive loop exists, the pace and discussion will remain the same.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

Yeah, I was thinking this might test the strong on offense weak on defense is a-ok resolve. But yeah I haven’t test Jubilee against a champed iHulk. My troll lvl280iHulk might need to be retired for a while though.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

I still don't see where anybody is saying they can't beat Chasm. That's a straw man -- everybody can beat Chasm (and does), it just sucks to do so, more than any other character.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

Weren’t you the one who leapt into the last Chasm nerf thread with the argument something along the lines of the immortal bros are easily countered if you bring Thanos. I’m not sure which agenda you are pushing anymore.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

I don't generally have problems beating him, but I hate that he's so much better than every other character. I'm sick of fighting him because it's boring to fight the same guys over and over.

Also, I'm generally in favor of nerfs for overpowered characters and he's massively overpowered.

Finally, I really really enjoy it when the developers remind players that they're not in control and that trying to outsmart the game is futile. When Gambit got killed? Awesome. When cupcakes got killed? Fantastic!

Chasm Day will be at least as good when it arrives. I want the tiny percentage of super smart players who went all in, expecting to win everything forever, to have a bad time and/or quit the game.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023

@Sekilicious said:
    There is a certain irony to people asking for speed to be de emphasized and the Chasm nerf threads concerned that he needs to be nerfed because they can’t win in three rounds.

There is no contradiction in wanting the game to be less speed emphasized but also playing the game as it IS and not how they want it to be. The fact is that in both pve and pvp speed is the only thing that matters and chasm can make matches go on for eternity.

Saying, "I would like the game to focus less on speed, but the game does in fact focus on speed so that is how I have to play if I would like success in the game" are not opposing points of view.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

@acescracked said:

I actually dont often use hulkasm to fight hulkasm and i hit it quite a lot with a pretty decent success rate

I often go to sleep for a few hours while doing this,waking up in time to get the last hit in

Shhh!!! Never say this out loud in the forum.

You are right,don't want the devs to think we are having any fun.
    Fixed it...