Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Comments

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler

Second time uninstalling worked. Thank you.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin

@MackDan1 said:
    Second time uninstalling worked. Thank you.

\o/ Good to hear!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@IceIX said:
    For all asking, compensation for the downtime will be figured out this next coming week. We've got a running tally of all the possible affected events, plus a couple extra little items like the Howard the Duck cover from Webbed Wonder figured in. Once we know for sure we're solid (we were confident in the fix, but planned patches never survive the first meeting of enemy bugs), we'll get to working on an pushing out that compensation. To note, the affected players will be getting the promised compensation, while all players will receive a free Namora cover as well.

Thank you @IceIX for all the updates on this.

I didn't experience the blackout but, as stated earlier in this thread, myself and other players were affected by PvP attacks booting them from matches. Are these players also receiving compensation too?

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler

It fixed it for me too.

• vtell
    vtell Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

I can confirm latest release got the game working again on my S22. Thanks for fixing!

• JMAXWELLJR02
    JMAXWELLJR02 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Thank you for the update fix. B)

• SteveSmith
    SteveSmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

The fix worked. Thank you.

• DenDevil
    DenDevil Posts: 10 Just Dropped In

Very grateful that this fix is in place. Kudos to those that helped make that possible! Thanks!

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler

Woot woot! Update fixed the bug.

• ymarvel
    ymarvel Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Thanks for the fix!

• Kotep
    Kotep Posts: 7 Just Dropped In

Working again! Thanks for getting this sorted out

• Dprodeje97
    Dprodeje97 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

Are you able to tell who was not able to get in even though the game didn't load and especially if we uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail? For example, I couldn't get on from 4:30am 12/6 and finally got back in after 10pm last night. But I'd only ever got a black screen before the fix.

• scootter720
    scootter720 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Finally got back in... hooray (to the back burner 2nd account).

I was wondering if there's going to be any extra compensation for those who are VIP?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@scootter720 said:
    Finally got back in... hooray (to the back burner 2nd account).

I was wondering if there's going to be any extra compensation for those who are VIP?

Probably not. You’re VIP should just pick up where it left off. If you lost something that is a bug and should be reported to customer service.

• Jjpedd
    Jjpedd Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Sweet. Back in last night.

• Brown_The_Bear
    Brown_The_Bear Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

@IceIX said:

@MackDan1 said:
    Did the update. All of my progress is gone. Guess I'm done.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling first, but if that doesn't work, hit up CS. We can pretty easily recover the account.

Tried that to no avail, raised a ticket with CS. Awaiting their favourable reply.

• Sweets786
    Sweets786 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Very excited to be able to play again. Only lost one 5star cover.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@Sweets786 said:
    Very excited to be able to play again. Only lost one 5star cover.

How did you lose it? Was it on the vine when the blip happened? If so, maybe CS can give you the cover back? Worth raising a ticket.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022

@IceIX said:
    For all asking, compensation for the downtime will be figured out this next coming week. We've got a running tally of all the possible affected events, plus a couple extra little items like the Howard the Duck cover from Webbed Wonder figured in. Once we know for sure we're solid (we were confident in the fix, but planned patches never survive the first meeting of enemy bugs), we'll get to working on an pushing out that compensation. To note, the affected players will be getting the promised compensation, while all players will receive a free Namora cover as well.

not a complaint but tossing some stuff out what others might have thought but never ask

got a question you keep saying compensation will be given out to the people who could not play. BUT i see bigger issues here

What about people who could play BUT other people in their allaince could not Meaning we lost ranks for alliance rewards

meaning if we all play we were a top 100 (250 ) team now since we lost xxx people we fell to top500 why dont we get the rewards we lost

Simple answer to that would be.. That would be an insane amount of work to figure out who lost what

example my group went from top 250 to 500 so lost some same can be said with PVP this not only effected people who could not play but it effected groups since some of their teammates could not play.

not expecting anything but just tossing this out... if you did want to give out something i want someone to give Hulk a shirt that fits tired of looking at him half naked LOL

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@IceIX said:

not a complaint but tossing some stuff out what others might have thought but never ask

got a question you keep saying compensation will be given out to the people who could not play. BUT i see bigger issues here

What about people who could play BUT other people in their allaince could not Meaning we lost ranks for alliance rewards

meaning if we all play we were a top 100 (250 ) team now since we lost xxx people we fell to top500 why dont we get the rewards we lost

Simple answer to that would be.. That would be an insane amount of work to figure out who lost what

example my group went from top 250 to 500 so lost some same can be said with PVP this not only effected people who could not play but it effected groups since some of their teammates could not play.

not expecting anything but just tossing this out... if you did want to give out something i want someone to give Hulk a shirt that fits tired of looking at him half naked LOL

I think they answered that right in the early post - that's what the Namora cover is for.

As you say, it would be a nightmare to try and work out a methodology to calculate how they'd apply the rewards. It's reliant on so many assumptions that someone would always feel like they'd deserve more because they were outside of the standard formula.