Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    This link will also allow you to switch between mobile and Steam accounts permanently
    Only Android accounts affected by this bug will be prioritized

Does that mean something is in the works to allow everyone to play the same game on steam and on their phones... I been on steam for last 7+ years and would love to sync the game to phone and steam... my boss on other hand would hate it cause i be on my phone all day LOL

really though is this a first step to allow all or just people effected

thanks

It was always possible to link accounts to mobile and Steam.
    But it's a manual process so it wasn't done very often.
    I'd also like to know whether this will be a thing for everyone in the future.

• Brown_The_Bear
    Brown_The_Bear Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just wondering out loud, won't it be easier if the devs roll the game back to R265 in the interim?

Thereafter, they can take their own sweet time to produce a fully functional update.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Brown_The_Bear said:
    Just wondering out loud, won't it be easier if the devs roll the game back to R265 in the interim?

Thereafter, they can take their own sweet time to produce a fully functional update.

No because those data pushes require the current version.

• Strawberry617
    Strawberry617 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Steam is not an option for me - is there any kind of update on when this bug will be fixed? I'll be booted from my alliance tomorrow :/

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Strawberry617 said:
    Steam is not an option for me - is there any kind of update on when this bug will be fixed? I'll be booted from my alliance tomorrow :/

Man that is harsh. Surely they must understand this problem is outside of your control?

• DenDevil
    DenDevil Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Strawberry617 said:

Man that is harsh. Surely they must understand this problem is outside of your control?

How would anyone in the alliance know why we just disappeared? Being kicked out of Alliances will likely happen for many of us.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I put a note on the alliance I'm in not to boot the person who has been away for the same amount of time that the bug has been impacting but we're fairly easy going anyway so I'm not sure it would have been an issue.

I can understand it for top-tier alliances where one non-participant can make a big difference to rewards of the other 19, but I guess it depends on your history with the alliance. I'd feel pretty unhappy if I got booted though.

• Enjoyincubus0917
    Enjoyincubus0917 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Brown_The_Bear said:

I was just thinking about that thought...

• ReapedChaos
    ReapedChaos Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DenDevil said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Strawberry617 said:

How would anyone in the alliance know why we just disappeared? Being kicked out of Alliances will likely happen for many of us.

That's why I thought maybe an in game announcement might help. My alliance is pretty laid back but I know some aren't.

• Bowgentle
    Options

The alliances with stricter requirements usually communicate via LINE, though.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DenDevil said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Strawberry617 said:

If an Alliance has that strict playing rules then they communication doesn't usually happen in game.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    The alliances with stricter requirements usually communicate via LINE, though.

This.

A casual Alliance isn't normally going to kick you except maybe if they needed players for a boss event.

• Enjoyincubus0917
    Enjoyincubus0917 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

This whole thing feels like a Thanos finger snap.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Brown_The_Bear said:

New characters don't exist in previous versions. It would create a bigger mess than what already exists.

• vtell
    vtell Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Sent a message to the support for the steam account link workaround yesterday and have got no response so far. Another event will be skipped it seems. I'm thinking about leaving the whole stuff behind just I'd be sorry for the 4 years I've put in this game.

• SteveSmith
    SteveSmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

So, no fix update?

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Enjoyincubus0917 said:
    This whole thing feels like a Thanos finger snap.

So just wait 5 years and the Avengers will fix it for you. 8^)

• vtell
    vtell Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Still have no answer from the support to the request for linking my steam account. So the workaround just not working as well........

• Sweets786
    Sweets786 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

The workaround isn't really conducive as I don't play on a computer, the point of a mobile game is I play while in transit or killing time when I'm not at home.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Spudgutter said:
    So for those of us who cannot even get to a loading screen, does it see that as well?

Are they cool with us using an emulator to get on and play? Hadn't thought of that as an option, and obviously it is not as ideal or functional as my phone, but if it helps me still able to help the alliance a little bit I can try but don't want to get flagged

Well, I keep seeing posts on reddit to do this and quit complaining, so I guess this is fine? This better not mess anything up. Steam isn't ideal for me either and see posts in here that it is hit or miss anyways.