Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Options

Comments

• ReapedChaos
    ReapedChaos Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Has anyone tried uninstalling the android update that seems to have caused this issue?

• Enjoyincubus0917
    Enjoyincubus0917 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Rhipf said:

@Enjoyincubus0917 said:
    This whole thing feels like a Thanos finger snap.

So just wait 5 years and the Avengers will fix it for you. 8^)

Lol, seems about right

• Kotep
    Kotep Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

No steam, emulators, or other wizardry for me either. Five years of playing everyday, now... Hopefully in January?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A member of my alliance did return after 6 days. He could use again an old phone.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

They linked my account to Steam (S22 Ultra user).

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options

I guess my issue is that if I'm already at my computer, I'm gonna play something that I can only play at home. I don't have that level of interaction with my teammates throughout the day that keeps me engaged

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

hello this bug is long and tiring

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Bingo update s22 game work

• frachr
    frachr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options

Still R267 on Steam.

• Jaelannwyn
    Jaelannwyn Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

I asked for a steam link 4 days ago. Nothing yet.

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Edit: 12/17 Update: We've now released R268 to Google, which fixes the black screen issue and should also fix any remaining issues with retaliation pin crashes! We've also submitted versions to Apple and Amazon so that versions match for all players that are playing multi-platform.

Edit: 12/9 Update: Update: We have released R267 to Google! This is a partial fix however, we're still working with Google for a full fix. While our testing has shown that this fixes both crashes on startup and retaliation pin crashes, we've still got some devices that are crashing and are investigating. We'll keep on working on this through the weekend to get things right.

Hi players. Wanted to let you know that we're aware of the black screen crash issue that's being reported by the community and that we have actively been working on a fix since we noticed it.

The issue has been identified and a fix is in the works. Unfortunately it isn't something that we can easily relieve without deploying a new build so this means that Android players will see a new Android only R267 build that specifically addresses this issue. Assuming this build fixes everything, the next release will be build R268 for all platforms.

We don't currently have a timeline for this fix, but are hoping things can get submitted and deployed within the next few days.

Thanks again for your patience!

Thank again for your attention to resolving this issue! As much of a pain it was for us players, it must have been doubly so for you!

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

Did the update. All of my progress is gone. Guess I'm done.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MackDan1 said:

When I installed it on my tablet, I thought the game save data hadn't worked, but I quit and went back in and it was all there.

Thanks to all those involved in getting this fix applied!

• dazeoyore
    dazeoyore Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Looks to be fixed for me...... but where are all these compensation awards mentioned before?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

@dazeoyore said:
    Looks to be fixed for me...... but where are all these compensation awards mentioned before?

I imagine they’ll be coming soon. Getting the issue fixed I’d think was a little more important than rolling them out when it still wasn’t working.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dazeoyore said:

Just guessing, but I think they'll get to those after making sure the fix is fully fixed....

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you to the devs for all the hard work. I'm back up and running !!!!

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options

@MackDan1 said:

@MackDan1 I had to Uninstaller and reinstall, but there it was

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@MackDan1 said:

Try uninstalling and reinstalling first, but if that doesn't work, hit up CS. We can pretty easily recover the account.