Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Options

Comments

• Zantom
    Zantom Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2022
    Options

s22 Ultra, still unable to log in.

PSA for those that have alliances or want to do dailies or just play, I have been able to load a free android emulator on PC (I used LDPlayer). Just install Facebook and log in, then install MPQ and you are good until this is resolved.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

It's weird. Doesn't work on my s22u, even with uninstalling and reinstalling mpq. But it works on my z fold3. Dunno why. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon.

• Sweets786
    Sweets786 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Uninstalled and reinstalled from Google play on S22 and restarted phone, still nothing. I barely even get a black screen, I click and it's black for a second and then disappears. Sad...

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

So for those of us who cannot even get to a loading screen, does it see that as well?

Are they cool with us using an emulator to get on and play? Hadn't thought of that as an option, and obviously it is not as ideal or functional as my phone, but if it helps me still able to help the alliance a little bit I can try but don't want to get flagged

• Chaosssx
    Chaosssx Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi i finally decided to do what someone on reddit suggested and downloaded an older version of the game. Just wanted to ask about the expired offers since I was about to buy the Mthor offer of around 1000 shards for 43 cad before I wasn't able to log in. I dont know if this has been addressed yet but just wanted to confirm if past offers will be coming back or not.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully we will get an update today

• Josechocr
    Josechocr Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Update: People are asking about compensation, and I've got some news on that!

Affected players: We know who you are. I mean, you're crashing, we see that. So to anyone who is affected, we'll be compensating by crediting with max placement/progression rewards from the missed events. While we unfortunately can't add points to the current Versus season, at least you won't be missing out on anything rewards-wise.

Player-base: Just because you weren't crashing doesn't mean you weren't peripherally affected. You could be in an Alliance with an affected player and lost Alliance placement, could have been set up to do a........... club activity, maybe some shield hopping, etc. Since it's impossible to tell who is affected and who isn't, we'll be doing a blanket gift of a Namora cover to the player-base when we get all this fixed up.

Hope this news helps tide you all over, and truly sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank for the News, I hope we can get the game back soon

• Korvac
    Korvac Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Devs, any chance we can get an update on the status of a patch?

• SteveSmith
    SteveSmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there any update at all?

• Brown_The_Bear
    Brown_The_Bear Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's been a week already.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options

We haven't forgotten about this. As mentioned on 12/9, we issued a partial fix which resolved a few bugs on the backend that you won't see manifest in your builds, but it's still part of a larger fix to resolve the issue. No new update that we can mention specifically yet, but tomorrow we plan on announcing another fix that will get some Android users to access their accounts via Steam. Details to come in the morning PST.

• DyingLegend
    Options

Looks like I'll be waiting even longer. I don't use Steam lol

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That's not encouraging, but thanks for the update

• Dprodeje97
    Dprodeje97 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Been staring at a black screen for a full week.

• DyingLegend
    Options

We are in the work around stage of the fix. This will probably be a long pole item, not resolved until next year due to the multiple parties that are involved with the fix.
    Hopefully I am completely wrong, I've given up for now.

• dv8mad
    dv8mad Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra. It looks like others with issues have this model as well. I just wanted a bigger screen for games. WaStEd! LOL

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

You guys with the s22s are going to be swimming in rewards when you get back. I'm a little jealous

• DyingLegend
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    You guys with the s22s are going to be swimming in rewards when you get back. I'm a little jealous

I'm sure they will cap it at some point right ?? 😂

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

Doubt it. Every event you're impacted negatively by this, you'll get top event rewards.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Whatever update or fix went through seems to have changed some things on my end. I was 100% fine and now the game fails to load a good 1/5th of the time. Obviously not horrible or anything, I just make sure I'm in well before I need to be, but it is something to note.