Android Black Screen Crash Bug (Update 12/17: Full Fix Deployed)

Options

Comments

• Number1Suspect
    Number1Suspect Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

Slightly disappointed I'll likely be missing some covers that were on the vine while I was building HP. If the comp is nearly as great as it sounds, though, it'll be no big deal. They weren't hugely important ones, that I know of.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

Update: We have released R267 to Google! This is a partial fix however, we're still working with Google for a full fix. While our testing has shown that this fixes both crashes on startup and retaliation pin crashes, we've still got some devices that are crashing and are investigating. We'll keep on working on this through the weekend to get things right.

• SteveSmith
    SteveSmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Still unable to open app. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Very frustrating...

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

Note: If you're able to get back in the game, congrats! This will not affect incoming compensation. If you were crashing, it's been logged, and you'll receive that compensation for any event you weren't able to take full part in.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

I saw the update on the play store. 5.7MBs, thought this patch was the answer to keep me playing on Android. Nope, black screen me. Restarted phone and still nada

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hello the update no work for s22 ultra

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited December 2022
    Options

Still broken. I was so happy to see the update. Then it crushed my hopes like a double prof X match 4 during cosmic chaos's challenge node

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Update: We have released R267 to Google! This is a partial fix however, we're still working with Google for a full fix. While our testing has shown that this fixes both crashes on startup and retaliation pin crashes, we've still got some devices that are crashing and are investigating. We'll keep on working on this through the weekend to get things right.

I heard on iOS there won't be an R267 release, is it true?
    If so, can iOS and Andriod transfer player data on different builds? Seems not.
    Here's the story.
    Someone borrowed his wife's iPad during the fix.
    He found the hotfix release is available at the play store.
    He applied the hotfix, logged in his account (lucky or unlucky), and found it was still not stable.
    Guess what? He's been totally screwed now. He cannot log back on his wife's iPad due to the version mismatch. :D

• JMAXWELLJR02
    JMAXWELLJR02 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

Update did not work

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nope, it didn't for me either. Thanks for your efforts, though, and for working through the weekend to get this sorted. Fingers crossed for the full fix soon.

• JohnSpartan
    JohnSpartan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

What a crusher. Was all excited about the update and it still hasn't fixed my s22+

• Rn_reflux
    Rn_reflux Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Same. Back to 265.....

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

so am i getting this right those who cant play for ever PVE they miss they get

so if they cant play heart of darkness they all get
    rank 1 prizes

i can see major problems with that if they dont even play pve but im cool with it but im sure others will complain ., i mostly play for progression and realaly dont care about rank

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2022
    Options

As mentioned above, if you use both an Android and an iOS device, if you update the Android version you will not be able to start the game on iOS.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

is this only for certain android phone i can play it on mine though i dont just wanted to see how bad it is to play on a phone compair to steam man i hope i dont get rewards on that it would screw up my rank i didnt even complete they first stage lol

• Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Appreciating the effort, Devs πŸ‘πŸ»

Just had a notification pop up of a defeat in Sim & thought, 'Brilliant! I can play.'
    Tapped the app button and......

.....black screen of death 😒

🀞🏻 I can X @Sekilicious in PVP later...hehe πŸ˜‰

• Dprodeje97
    Dprodeje97 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2022
    Options

I installed the update, but still getting a black screen.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled and still black, not sure if you're seeing I'm still trying to get back in now. I mean, could you see i was trying to get back in when all I got was a black screen anyway?

• dazeoyore
    dazeoyore Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Still no change here. Black screen of death.

Personally, I know that I'll resume playing when it is finally fixed....but I'm curious, from a research perspective, to know if this will cause some casual players to stop playing.

I know that when I've quit addictive games before, this probably would be the thing to do it. Cold turkey.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dazeoyore said:
    Still no change here. Black screen of death.

Personally, I know that I'll resume playing when it is finally fixed....but I'm curious, from a research perspective, to know if this will cause some casual players to stop playing.

I know that when I've quit addictive games before, this probably would be the thing to do it. Cold turkey.

Yeah that's the last thing F2P games want, no reasons to play (no events running, etc) or being locked out.
    Once players break the habit of logging in to play at certain times, you start losing them.

• vtell
    vtell Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Still crashing for me after the partial fix on Sansung S22. I tried to unistall and reainstall which means currently I'm not logged in when trying to start the game. Hopefully I will be still eligible for receiving some compensation as I'm a daily player since 3+ years and now I've lost 5 days of progress.