Upcoming 5-Star (11/17 release): No 3-Star Version

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know now that the next 5-Star character release will not have an accompanying 3-Star release. Anniversary work and getting ahead on upcoming Holiday stuff before everyone goes on break ended up making for a very tight schedule, and something had to give. The "extra" character ended up being it. So for now, expect a standard 5-Star release schedule for the next character after Deathlok.

Just to avoid the obvious question, yes, it's possible that we could release the 3-Star version down the road, but we have no current confirmation of that or a timeline. Just that it is indeed a possibility.

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Do you want the extra HP back :p

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess if it is Namor then we can do without 3* Namor (Happy Fish Castle Adventure Glub Glub)

• IceIX
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Do you want the extra HP back :p

Nope, consider it a bonus. :)

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank goodness

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nothing to complain about here. Looking forward to the upcoming holiday activities!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is good and desirable as far as I’m concerned.

• Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

Great timing! I used up all my HP in the anniversary vault.

• Bergen
    Bergen Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

as far as i am concerned that is good news. extra 2400 HP (2x3 star slots).

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Will you be doing feeder updates with the new 5-Star character?

• IceIX
    Options

@Hammer3001 said:
    Will you be doing feeder updates with the new 5-Star character?

The character will have feeder updates as per (recent) normal. The larger batch of updates is not related to this character's release.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Thanks for answering my question.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

rats, was really looking forward to 3* Wakanda Forever version of Namor. Hopefully he appears in a few months when the iso8 situation is buffed.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options

Now that you have confirmed there will not be a new 3-star with the next 5-star release, can you please advise when the increased odds for 3-star Arcade will end in tokens?

It is absolutely raining Arcade covers right now, when what I would really like is some more covers for The Punisher given the pending feeder updates.

• fitfestus
    fitfestus Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

toecutter3095...
    Save your tokens until the arcade bonus goes away....
    Also....if you save your shards you can use them when you need them...
    However, you cannot have more than 9,999 shards for any character

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yay!!!!

The "way too many characters" is the only thing I don't like about the new direction, and this is a great announcement for that. Please consider slowing down releases.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options

@fitfestus said:
    toecutter3095...
    Save your tokens until the arcade bonus goes away....
    Also....if you save your shards you can use them when you need them...
    However, you cannot have more than 9,999 shards for any character

Yeah that's easy enough to do. My question was more around making someone think about what triggers the bonus to end. If that trigger is the introduction of a new 3-star when the bonus rates are switched to them, and now we are not having a new 3-star this month, then the bonus rate on Arcade is going to hang around for a very long time...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, in general I think if you release a 3* with every 5*, the tier is going to get pretty bloated which will slow down new players. This doesn't really affect me, but adding hurdles to new players isn't the best idea in general.
    Thanks for the advance heads-up! More communication is an awesome thing.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Yes, in general I think if you release a 3* with every 5*, the tier is going to get pretty bloated which will slow down new players. This doesn't really affect me, but adding hurdles to new players isn't the best idea in general.
    Thanks for the advance heads-up! More communication is an awesome thing.

It affects everyone who is using the 2 and 3* tier champ reward engine to drive their income into the upper tiers. Diluting the pool at the bottom means it will take way longer to hit "good" reward levels on all those characters. We should all want frozen lower tiers.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That remind us that this is a get all them gacha game.
    Arcade is a 3* who can hit above his weight. Emma 3* is awesome for any tier. Those 3s are better than the olds ones.
    More 3
    s means more rewards.
    We should'nt want frozen lower tiers, as in any case we don't have access to the data showing if effectively releasing more 3*s has negative effects on new players.
    This could be the already well- known "phobia to new releases" usually displayed on the forum and always colliding with the meaning of gacha games and the good devs work.