Upcoming 5-Star (11/17 release): No 3-Star Version

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It does kinda look that way, though Native American Heritage Month along with that clue did make me wonder if it might be Forge for a second.

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    MPQ 264 is out. The clue is

Home grown smarts....

And the release note might have spoilt who the next 5* is.

Home grown smarts hints to Riri who originally built her armour suit in her garage.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

I don’t know if the name drop in the release notes is a spoiler. I do have a 4* labeled new without a picture and a coming soon tag that I cannot acquire. I only know because Daredevil was having difficulty beating up the Iron Fist so I needed to sink some ISO into Shulk. There he was sitting there under unowned characters. The coming soon tag suggests this is a feature and not a bug.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It looks like bug to me. Those look like typical naming convention for variables (?).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    It does kinda look that way, though Native American Heritage Month along with that clue did make me wonder if it might be Forge for a second.

Isn't the BP2 Namor more linked to being Native American or Central/South American? He is the ruler of Talokan which comes from Aztec culture. I agree however that the clue fits Forge, Riri or even Shuri better.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I liked the purple squiggle better as a placeholder.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Isn't the BP2 Namor more linked to being Native American or Central/South American? He is the ruler of Talokan which comes from Aztec culture. I agree however that the clue fits Forge, Riri or even Shuri better.

I’ve heard that’s the angle they’re taking with Namor, yeah, not sure that a retconned fictional mesoamerican culture says “Native American heritage month” to me when other such characters exist, but nothing is perfect I suppose.

The clue + Wakanda Forever coming out imply Shuri Black Panther to me; if it turns out to be Namor I’d love to know how they got there from that clue.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Is this 4* a “bonus release,” or an error? Mine shows the name but I won’t say in case it’s a bug.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope it's an error, but with their non-existant updates on the what's new thread it's really hard to say.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

So clue for the next 4*... Mr Pumpkin? *

• not the actual clue... but a guess at the clue following update to R264
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Home grown smarts = Riri

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    So clue for the next 4*... Mr Pumpkin?

Hobgoblin!?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punter1 said:

Oooh let's have Halloween on Christmas!

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punter1 said:

Like having breakfast for dinner but for holidays 🤘

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punter1 said:

And in the night we'll wish this never ends
    We'll wish this never ends

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I hope it's an error, but with their non-existant updates on the what's new thread it's really hard to say.

It’s gone now so obviously a glitch. It will be fun when people start guessing the character every time until released though.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Sekilicious said:

@Bowgentle said:

It’s gone now so obviously a glitch. It will be fun when people start guessing the character every time until released though.

I think this character was one of those on the list along with Black Knight & Deathlok that we got to vote for but could be mis-remembering.

• DAZ0273
    edited November 2022
    Options

Maybe we should ask Fight if we have to keep tip-toeing around this subject?

@fight4thedream - An unreleased 4* character showed up in peoples non-rostered lists in the game presumably as a mistake/glitch - if forum members refer to this character would it be considered a breach of Forum rules in the circumstances? Thanks.

Edit: OK so I see in another thread that this has sort of been answered and it appears OK as long as we use the spoiler function.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yeah that list had a few characters on it, some of them super interesting relative to this game.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I believe the list was:

Abomination
    Black Knight
    Blink
    Hercules
    Dani Moonstar
    Night Nurse
    Deathlok

I might be missing one… I can’t remember if there were 8 (based on re-reading the thread I only see these 7).

If Abomination is correct (and I think it was, but I’m thinking it was simply a glitch for the next 4… and not implying we’ll be getting an extra/bonus 4), then we’ll have 3 of the 7, which possibly gives more support to some of our initial assumptions that all 7 were on the “future/approved” list and will come sooner or later, but we as fans were the ones who pushed Black Knight to the top of the list.