Upcoming Feeder Updates (Live 9/22)

Options
123457»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, KGB will be glad to know that a 360+ feeder owner was only given 3x of each rather than the full 6 covers. I ended up with 1 full Frost cover and 1250 shards, same for the others. I didn’t have any 4* shards to apply, so I assumed nobody had crossed a level boundary.

so thank you for the retro rewards we did get, but in case it’s a mistake I figured I’d say something. Essentially it looks like the 5*s gave out the full cover and then half of the shards?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, KGB will be glad to know that a 360+ feeder owner was only given 3x of each rather than the full 6 covers. I ended up with 1 full Frost cover and 1250 shards, same for the others. I didn’t have any 4* shards to apply, so I assumed nobody had crossed a level boundary.

so thank you for the retro rewards we did get, but in case it’s a mistake I figured I’d say something. Essentially it looks like the 5*s gave out the full cover and then half of the shards?
    See Ice's thread.
    Yes it's a mistake.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pleasant wake up this morning. A mini-shardmas is always welcome.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    New players will always fall behind. You can't expect someone who played for a few months or 1 to 2 years  to catch up with someone who played for 5 to 8 years. It just doesn't make sense. 
    You're right, new players will never catch up with those who have a bunch of 550 characters. But there needs to be enough of an incentive for new players to be able to progress and compete so that they don't feel like they're stuck at each stage. It's about perception. I've played for 5 years and I don't feel like I'm falling behind because I have been able to champ a lot of my 5*s, chase meta characters to get them up towards level 500 and compete for placement in PVE and PVP, even against those who have 550s.

So for me the fact that vets will be getting a handful of extra covers for 5*s doesn't actually make much difference, because the vets aren't using these 5*s anyway. I got very little from Shardmas but it didn't bother me that other players did because it didn't stop me chasing my own goals. But I still defend the right of those who have a different opinion to express it without being dismissed as a whiner or a cry baby (not just referring to this issue, but also several others on this forum).
    They can catch up if they save enough 1800 LL pulls for 550s, though you probably don’t even have to do that. Placement in the game is based on speed but the top speed is capped by SCL10 and maximum character level people will eventually be able to play for top placement at SCL10 in both PvE and PvP if they know how to play optimumly. After all, according to @HoundofShadow, top 10 placement in PvE only requires a functional Shang-Chi. With power creep, it is only a matter of time before something is released that can solo with 4* support as quickly as SC does. It is well known that roster strength is secondary to LINE in PvP. They might not have as 550s as the veteran players though, there is currently no way to catch up on that other than joining buy clubs to acquire tons of cp for release stores.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are aiming for T10 first bracket, 450 SC and some relevant supports will help. Also, f2p players can hit 5* land in a year or so if they hoard for latest. And I haven't touch on 5* shards from milestone rewards. The total amount of shards in there is more than enough to level up a chosen 5* from zero cover to champed status.

Speed needs only 2-3 characters most of the time. In 4* land, it's Polaris/Juggernaut/R4G. Even if your essential 2*-5* have only one cover, you need 2 of them to clear the nodes They can easily net you T5 or T10 in scl 9 without bracket sniping. 450SC+AC can hit T10 without bracket sniping as well. 

What's the endgame? There's no endgame at all. This is not a pc game with storylines where you grind and then defeat the final boss to watch a happy ending. There's nothing for new players to catch up. You look at those 550 rosters and all their champed 4* or 5* they have are reward factory. Their core are still 550 iHulkoye or Apocalypse and meta gang. 

I've only about half the 5* champed and I don't know what I'm supposed to catch up to. I looked at the other half of my unchamped 5* and I don't see any urgency in champing them, unless I love their abilities. I hardly use more than half of them on a regular basis. 

I think the new dev team should do a survey asking players what they goals in MPQ are. Release the results and let's see how many % of new players want to catch up to veterans, or they simply want to play a few matches with their favourite characters and log off.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. none of these characters move the needle on competing for top placement. Kitty helps very slightly, but she and Grocket are a meta adjacent team now. Getting top-5 in the first bracket of SCL10 PvE without an optimized and enormous Okoye + iHulk + r5 supports? That is indeed going a problem.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awesome surprise when I logged in this morning! Every little bit helps, and I look forward to future updates!  Thanks!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you from this veteran player for the early Shardmas! It's a shardmas miracle. <3
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So if the 4* feeder for Phoenix Cyclops is gonna be moved from Echo to 4* Cyke at some point in the future, I better be feeding Echo right now and collecting my 5* Cyke cover before it gets moved  :D

But this is great news! It's awesome to see this game getting new life again!
    Thank you devs!
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
     Doesn't mean it's going to happen but also know I'm going to bring it up every time they do this.
    Oh, boy.  Whee.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the generous rewards! I believe I have gotten them all now. Much appreciated!  :)
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you! So great to champ Yellowjacket! 
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoiling us with daily dumps like this 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bad said:
    statnut said:
    Agreed. Don’t understand why anyone would be upset by this. 
    I love an ancient tale about a genie gifting a single wish to his happy choosen one.
    "But think carefully your single wish as you may know that whichever wish you ask me, I will grant it in double the amount to your most closest neighbor".
    So the guy thought and thought for many hours, each time more annoyed, until finally he said to the genie: " I want you to take off my left eye".
    This is my favorite comment in this whole chain. It's an incredibly insightful, um, fable? that I've never heard before. Thanks for telling it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This feels adjacent to the American idiom about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This feels adjacent to the American idiom about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    The phrase is meant to have originated with the English Saint Ebbe who it was told cut off her nose deliberately to make herself less attractive in an attempt to dissuade Viking raiders from doing what Viking raiders are famous for. So much older than America.