Upcoming Feeder Updates (Live 9/22)

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Bad said:

However devs want a logical feeder. If they think having characters feeding logical 5*s rather than having a guide to localize all feeders, it's their call.
    The logical feeder to wasp 4* is wasp 5*.
    And a 4* feeding 2 5*s is too valuable. 
    Of course it's their call because it's their game. They could decide tomorrow to arbitrarily give a free LT to everyone who has a last name of B or nerf Shang Chi to Wasp level or whatever else the decide.

Overall for the player base more feeders are a good thing. No one arguing that.

But the dev's have consistently favored one group (Vets including F2P over actual paying customers) over everyone else every time they retroactively do things like this (and lets not pretend this is the last one they are going to do because clearly we are going to see more shuffling of feeders around which means lots more extra vet rewards coming down the line) by giving them double dip rewards. All I and others are pointing out it that what they are doing is unfair to some of the player base and that we'd like that addressed (equal pay for equal work). Doesn't mean it's going to happen but also know I'm going to bring it up every time they do this.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    KGB said:
    Bad said:
    Eirikr56 said:
    Not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's worth noting that this is basically a massive giveaway to veteran players who are already way ahead, meanwhile newer players get basically nothing. This puts newer players even further behind relatively speaking (which does matter since there is a major competitive aspect to this game).

It's good for the game if new people start playing and are encouraged so hopefully this won't have a negative impact. 
    Things so great like this one ultimately reminds f2p to spend a few bucks and roster all characters. 
    Or hoarders waiting for maxing a single character, that this is a champ'em all game. 
    That doesn't help though.

It all depends on roster size. For me its few extra 5* covers. For someone else maybe its just one. Some will get nothing.

It's just how life works. Newer players can't blame devs and vets for starting the game late and missing this. But vets and players "just below vet" (cant find better name for players such as me) just finally got upgrade/change made specifically for them. The DDQ update was/is mainly focused for lower roster players so they can easier catch up with us.

Sorry guys, but I will not feel sorry for those who will not get this just like players with better rosters than mine wont be sorry that I will miss 5 shard covers of my belowed 5*Wasp (plus others). And I do not expect anyone to be sorry for me. For me and many of us it was a lot of works to just get where we are currently. I have whole topic of currently dozen+ pages describing some of it.
    Did you come out of retirement just for this moment?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I have had the good fortune to call the swarm several times since we last saw Mr F; Swarm bros represent!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 11 cover Wasp will be champable tomorrow. Out of six 5s that are the next in line for me to work on building up to get champed she was in last place and now she's in first. This is so weird for me.
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I appreciate what you are doing with the game. (And not because I’m getting a lot tomorrow.)
    Change and evolution is always necessary for survival.

I like the idea of characters feeding their own next evolutions.

I would like to have more costumes to change appearances; but they shouldn’t cost a ton to get. 

I do feel some of the current costumes would actually make better characters. For instance; Red Goblin would be a beast of a character. And Dr. Octopus-possessed Superior Spider-Man would be a vicious fighter.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    shardwick said:
    My 11 cover Wasp will be champable tomorrow. Out of six 5s that are the next in line for me to work on building up to get champed she was in last place and now she's in first. This is so weird for me.
    Call! That! Swarm!
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bad said:

However devs want a logical feeder. If they think having characters feeding logical 5*s rather than having a guide to localize all feeders, it's their call.
    Of course it's their call because it's their game. They could decide tomorrow to arbitrarily give a free LT to everyone who has a last name of B or nerf Shang Chi to Wasp level or whatever else the decide.

But the dev's have consistently favored one group (Vets including F2P over actual paying customers) over everyone else every time they retroactively do things like this (and lets not pretend this is the last one they are going to do because clearly we are going to see more shuffling of feeders around which means lots more extra vet rewards coming down the line) by giving them double dip rewards. All I and others are pointing out it that what they are doing is unfair to some of the player base and that we'd like that addressed (equal pay for equal work). Doesn't mean it's going to happen but also know I'm going to bring it up every time they do this.

KGB
    How is it unfair that players are getting rewards proportional to the work what they've put in to get it?  If they were giving them out randomly or arbitrarily that would be unfair. Equal pay for equal work is exactly what this is. People who put in the work are getting equal pay to other people who put in the work to grind lvls onto their 4 stars.  People who didn't put in as much work are getting equal pay to people who equally didn't put in as much work. 

Giving players who have worked hard to have maxed out 4 stars isn't random or arbitrary,  especially given that they've done things like this in the past and we know that at any time they could make an old 4 star a new feeder and give retro rewards, which is exactly why players grind to get lvl 370 4 stars and even keep multiple maxed out copies of the same 4 stars.

Saying I didn't put in the work to have all these rewards and other people did and I don't like that just sounds like jealousy.  There's nothing unfair about people being rewarded proportionately to their efforts. Do you also think it's unfair that the people who grind pve to get top spots get more rewards than those that don't? 

As someone who has worked very hard to get  4stars championed & begun doing the same for doubles; I think this great. 

I have farmed 3 stars for a few years & understand that I can’t get the new rewards for sold off characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah I'll be benefitting quite a bit from this one, which is great, but I was also just fine with how things were being done before with feeders coming online from new characters too - in fact I'd been suggesting that on the forum for some years now.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    There is also the fact that EF feeded kitty. 
    So a great amount of players will benefit on these retro rewards and will get many new EF covers, something that it's great.
    Personally I will get 3 covers for JY EF wasp and Phoenix, and 2 kitty covers. I'm happy for that. 
    Probably many players will get triple the amount. Fine for them. 
    I'm just happy for the rewards I will get as my only dupes are polaris and Dbeast.
    Devs want to put order in the game and I will get juicy covers because of that. So no matter from which point I see it, it's bananas.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Bad said:
    There is also the fact that EF feeded kitty. 
    So a great amount of players will benefit on these retro rewards and will get many new EF covers, something that it's great.
    Personally I will get 3 covers for JY EF wasp and Phoenix, and 2 kitty covers. I'm happy for that. 
    Probably many players will get triple the amount. Fine for them. 
    I'm just happy for the rewards I will get as my only dupes are polaris and Dbeast.
    Devs want to put order in the game and I will get juicy covers because of that. So no matter from which point I see it, it's bananas.
    It's definitely bananas for me as well; I stand to get 6 Frosts (i have a dupe at 274, not too far from a 7th cover), 5 Yellowjackets (3 covers from all 6 there too), 5 phoenixes (7 Teen Jeans away from all 6), 2 Kitties, 5 Wa5ps (5 w4sps away from all 6), but all those adjusted 4*s I was grinding shards all this year and last to milk the existing feeders to champ everyone already with the exception of W4sp, who i just happen to organically have at 355. 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bad said:
    Eirikr56 said:
    Not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's worth noting that this is basically a massive giveaway to veteran players who are already way ahead, meanwhile newer players get basically nothing. This puts newer players even further behind relatively speaking (which does matter since there is a major competitive aspect to this game).

It's good for the game if new people start playing and are encouraged so hopefully this won't have a negative impact. 
    Things so great like this one ultimately reminds f2p to spend a few bucks and roster all characters. 
    Or hoarders waiting for maxing a single character, that this is a champ'em all game. 
    That doesn't help though.

The problem is the double dipping. For example if your Antman is at L300, you've earned 2 5* covers already (1 cover + 500 shards). Tomorrow you'll get another cover and 500 more shards. Someone who is rostering all characters can't ever get that same reward. All they can get is 1 cover and 500 shards.

The double dipping part is the massive give away to long time vets. Someone with a 370 Emma not only will get 6 covers for Emma but also all the rewards along the way they already got at L270, 296, 208, 300 etc etc. Essentially they get MORE for doing the same thing newer players get.

I really hoped they'd never do this again after Shardmas but it seems they are planning to do it again. So I'm going to take advantage and open a bunch of heroic/mighty tokens to put 5 more levels on Antman to get him to 340 so I get an extra 5* Wasp cover worth of shards.

KGB
    I love that we're getting another Shardmas after all the grousing we had here about this. Maybe it didn't destroy the game forever after all! 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
    Bad said:

KGB
    How is it unfair that players are getting rewards proportional to the work that they've put in to get it?  If they were giving them out randomly or arbitrarily that would be unfair. Equal pay for equal work is exactly what this is. People who put in the work are getting equal pay to other people who put in the work to grind lvls onto their 4 stars.  People who didn't put in as much work are getting equal pay to people who equally didn't put in as much work. 

Giving players who have worked hard to have maxed out 4 stars isn't random or arbitrary,  especially given that they've done things like this in the past and we know that at any time they could make an old 4 star a new feeder and give retro rewards, which is exactly why players grind to get lvl 370 4 stars and even keep multiple maxed out copies of the same 4 stars.

Saying I didn't put in the work to have all these rewards and other people did and I don't like that just sounds like jealousy.  There's nothing unfair about people being rewarded proportionately to their efforts. Do you also think it's unfair that the people who grind pve to get top spots get more rewards than those that don't? 

I don't think you quite understand what's happening here.

Someone who today has a L370 Emma Frost has already collected 6 5* covers (Kitty). Tomorrow they will collect 6 more 5* covers (5* Emma) for a total of 12 5* covers  (Same thing with Antman and Wasp->Yellowjacket covers).

If I have a L270 Emma today, when I bring her to L370 (even if it's next week), I will collect a total of 6 5* covers (5* Emma). I will never collect the 6 5* Kitty covers you got. That is most definitely NOT equal work (raising a character to L370) for equal pay (the champ rewards).

There are 5 new feeder changes tomorrow. The summation here is going to add up to a LOT of free extra goodies for Vets that new players can't ever get no matter how much work or money they spend. The value of that is hundreds of real dollars (based on a roughly $40 cost to buy 500 5* shards + all the LTs, CPs, HP etc that is being double dipped) that's you'd need to spend to acquire the same resources. It's just mildly unfair, it's *wildly* unfair.

They could easily make this fair for everyone by simply adjusting the rewards so that Emma was a double 5* feeder (and the other feeders that previous fed no one would give out shards + LT/CP/HP that was replaced). Bad, claimed this was too valuable of a reward to give out, yet that's exactly the reward that is being given out to the vets so clearly it's not too valuable to give out.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's no surprise that there are players unhappy with vets getting extra rewards. I remember there were players being unhappy with Demiurge "shifting up" placements (?) for players in one of the pve bugs many years back. There were players unhappy with those extra rewards gotten because they felt they didn't deserve it and other players deserve it more. 

The concept of fairness is subjective and it seems to be strange concept. Should all new players be able to benefit whatever changes the veterans are benefitting from? 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

If I have a L270 Emma today, when I bring her to L370 (even if it's next week), I will collect a total of 6 5* covers (5* Emma). I will never collect the 6 5* Kitty covers you got. That is most definitely NOT equal work (raising a character to L370) for equal pay (the champ rewards).
    If you haven't done the work then it isn't your problem. There is nothing lost by the player with the 270 Emma, since they can just target Kate Pride instead.

In your case the player with the 370 and working on his next Emma will not get the extra Kitty covers either.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:

They could easily make this fair for everyone by simply adjusting the rewards so that Emma was a double 5* feeder (and the other feeders that previous fed no one would give out shards + LT/CP/HP that was replaced). Bad, claimed this was too valuable of a reward to give out, yet that's exactly the reward that is being given out to the vets so clearly it's not too valuable to give out.

KGB
    You realize in this super genius plan of youra that the long time vets would also be entitled to the double feeders you're suggesting?  So the vets would still end up with the exact same amount of freebies over those of you who are crying about fairness.

If tomorrow a vet ends up with 20 more retro rewards than you, they'd still end up with 20 more than you in your not-so-well thought out plan.