Upcoming Feeder Updates (Live 9/22)

Options

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Cyke is certainly Cables closest link in the game. Since we don’t have Strife cyclops and Jean are his only real connections.
    I’m no geneticist, so correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Cyclops have a potentially equal link to Havok as well (his brother?)
    And Havok is currently sans feeder.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    dianetics said:
    Cyke is certainly Cables closest link in the game. Since we don’t have Strife cyclops and Jean are his only real connections.
    I’m no geneticist, so correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Cyclops have a potentially equal link to Havok as well (his brother?)
    Reptil feeds Havok.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

The problem is the double dipping. For example if your Antman is at L300, you've earned 2 5* covers already (1 cover + 500 shards). Tomorrow you'll get another cover and 500 more shards. Someone who is rostering all characters can't ever get that same reward. All they can get is 1 cover and 500 shards.

And how will you do it in another way? If the feeders are changed and you have a 355 Ant Man and now you will get yellow jacket covers instead when  the time comes you could argue that you missed a lot of yellow jacket covers and you don't care at all about **** wasp, and now you have to sell Ant Man for to start over again, a character you rostered for years.
    So they instead give retro rewards which is the least problematic option.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    dianetics said:
    Reptil feeds Havok.
    Oh, word? Cool. Thanks!
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    samael64 said:
    Now I'll need to come up with a new favorite heroes strategy.  ;)
    I'm sayin.  My current strategy for 4* favs is to get the 5* they feed a cover for each power.  My current 4* fav, Gamora is lvl 293.  The upcoming shards will give me the missing power for 5* Thanos who is 2/0/1.  I have a bunch of these to do.  But now idk what to do.  Staying with this example, the connection is obvious but could they make the switch to have 4* Thanos feed the 5* and have 4* Gamora feed the 5*?  Or do they leave it as is and make 4* Thanos feed 5* Gamora?

Another example is 4* Moon Knight.  Doesn't have a feeder and neither does 5* Moon Knight.  Pretty straightforward assumption for a 4* to feed a 5*.  But do I run 4* MK up to 300(currently lvl 295) to get the LL and at some point double dip with the cover & shards?  MK might not even get the retro treatment.  

So many different permutations that could play out, it's definitely something I'll be thinking about.  

Edit: completely forgot about some of the recent feeder assignments that now look to be nothing more than placeholders to be changed at a later date.  Glidey Spidey and Reptil come to mind.
    Wait, who does spidey-goblin feed?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    statnut said:
    samael64 said:
    I'm sayin.  My current strategy for 4* favs is to get the 5* they feed a cover for each power.  My current 4* fav, Gamora is lvl 293.  The upcoming shards will give me the missing power for 5* Thanos who is 2/0/1.  I have a bunch of these to do.  But now idk what to do.  Staying with this example, the connection is obvious but could they make the switch to have 4* Thanos feed the 5* and have 4* Gamora feed the 5*?  Or do they leave it as is and make 4* Thanos feed 5* Gamora?

Another example is 4* Moon Knight.  Doesn't have a feeder and neither does 5* Moon Knight.  Pretty straightforward assumption for a 4* to feed a 5*.  But do I run 4* MK up to 300(currently lvl 295) to get the LL and at some point double dip with the cover & shards?  MK might not even get the retro treatment.  

So many different permutations that could play out, it's definitely something I'll be thinking about.  

Edit: completely forgot about some of the recent feeder assignments that now look to be nothing more than placeholders to be changed at a later date.  Glidey Spidey and Reptil come to mind.
    5 star deadpool
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5*Deadpool
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Bad said:
    KGB said:

The problem is the double dipping. For example if your Antman is at L300, you've earned 2 5* covers already (1 cover + 500 shards). Tomorrow you'll get another cover and 500 more shards. Someone who is rostering all characters can't ever get that same reward. All they can get is 1 cover and 500 shards.

And how will you do it in another way? If the feeders are changed and you have a 355 Ant Man and now you will get yellow jacket covers instead when  the time comes you could argue that you missed a lot of yellow jacket covers and you don't care at all about **** wasp, and now you have to sell Ant Man for to start over again, a character you rostered for years.
    So they instead give retro rewards which is the least problematic option.

The least problematic option is just to make a brand new feeder. There are plenty of 4* characters and plenty of new ones being created.

Even if they absolutely had to make Antman the feeder, they could instead have just made him feed 2 characters at once (like the 3* do). So at L280, you get a Wasp AND a Yellowjacket 5* cover and at other levels get double shards (for Wasp and Yellowjacket).  If they did that, no one gets **** on double dipped rewards.

KGB
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    statnut said:
    Small bitter people complain about free stuff when others get more free stuff than them.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Just take whatever freebie gift you're entitled to and say thank you.  
    Agreed. Don’t understand why anyone would be upset by this. 
    Especially a softcapper who doesn't need 5* covers anyway.
  • Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    statnut said:
    Small bitter people complain about free stuff when others get more free stuff than them.  No good deed goes unpunished.

It's just noting that this widens the gap between new players and vets and puts them further behind. Maybe that isn't great for the game, so thinking about a way to offset that with a future event or actions could be helpful. 

That doesn't mean that retro rewards were the wrong thing to do necessarily. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    statnut said:

Welcome to the human condition. If you have a box a cookies and give a set of children arbitrarily different amounts, the children will not identify the distribution as fair. This analogy breaks down for us because people who have a 370 Emma have put in the time, effort, and/or money for it. I'm just saying that many of us have an innate desire for people to be fair and be treated fairly. 

I however take whatever cookies I'm offered and have finally champed Emma, who now sits at 280. (None of the other retro feeders are close enough to their benchmarks to make it worthwhile to spend my CP.)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     If you have a box a cookies and give a set of children arbitrarily different amounts, the children will not identify the distribution as fair. This analogy breaks down for us because people who have a 370 Emma have put in the time, effort, and/or money for it. I'm just saying that many of us have an innate desire for people to be fair and be treated fairly. 

The cookie example is clearly not fair and children rightly identify it immediately. That shows how easily humans identify fairness.

People with a L370 Emma should all get the same rewards. Someone tomorrow who has a 370 Emma will have gotten 12 5* covers (6 Wasp, 6 Antman). Someone today who champs Emma and raises her to 370 should get the same. One easy way to do that is to make Emma feed 2 5* at once (like some 3* do) and so at L280 you'd get a 5* Wasp and a 5* Yellowjacket. That way all L370 Emma reward the exact same thing for whatever combo of time/effort/money it took to get there.

KGB
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    statnut said:
    samael64 said:

5 star deadpool
    I gotta assume that’s a temporary thing when 4* Deadpool is a thing. 
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Fantastic news. Tyvm 😃
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am in a much different roster place now than i was last time any retroactive rewards were given out. This time I have a 370 Frost, but since August 2018 when she was released it took me 4 years to get there, basically bonus heroing and then once they were implemented sharding my way to a completed Kitty. I was happy assuming she might someday just get a rework and be playable, but this feels pretty awesome, justifying that 4 years of grind. I don't really recall being salty as a 4* player that other people were coming out ahead of me who had better rosters, the only saltiness I felt was that I lost out on 1:1 rewards initially for Gambit back when The Deal Was Altered. For me, new feeders were a path towards a 5*. I could see somebody who has been grinding Frost chasing Kitty being mad that the feeder was changed, but somebody who just wasn't working on her at all? Feel your feelings I guess.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Hell yeah. I have had high hopes every since Broken Circle took over. The planned changes, the quick response with rewards when mistakes happen, the Five Star covers in team events continuing, and now the continuation of retro rewards. Excellent work, and thank you so much.