Upcoming Feeder Updates (Live 9/22)

Options

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you very much!!!

Are we sure to assume that we will really get all these champ rewards retroactively? 

We already had a (stealth) feeder update for 3-star She-Hulk. But I don't recall getting any 4*She-Hulk shards then. Or am I wrong and overlooked it?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    This is pretty awesome. I greatly appreciate the generosity displayed. At first I was worried that the 3*s I had sold would have retroactively fed someone then I remembered that that the 2-3 covers I miss probably doesn’t matter as much as I as the iso I got and put towards champing the another 4*.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a nice update. 
    I do have a question about this though. What happens to Jubilee since she already feeds Jean? Will Jean have 2 feeders or what?
  • dianetics
    Options
    Cyke is certainly Cables closest link in the game. Since we don’t have Strife cyclops and Jean are his only real connections.
  • samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Now I'll need to come up with a new favorite heroes strategy.  ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Cyke is certainly Cables closest link in the game. Since we don’t have Strife cyclops and Jean are his only real connections.
    Domino?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    Yeah but for anyone not into comics, it makes no sense that the 4* version of a character doesn't feed the 5* version.
    I fully expect them to clean up all of those eventually.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When does this go live?

I have a LOT of heroic/mighty tokens I can open to pump up a few more sharded levels on those 4* to double dip rewards. So wondering how soon I need to do it.

KGB

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    KGB said:
    When does this go live?

I have a LOT of heroic/mighty tokens I can open to pump up a few more sharded levels on those 4* to double dip rewards. So wondering how soon I need to do it.

KGB

Tomorrow. From the original post: "These changes are planned to go Live with Emma Frost's release, but may take place later in the day. So if you don't see them when you wake up on the 22nd, be patient."
  • dianetics
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Domino?
    Domino is as close as Deadpool.
  • Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's worth noting that this is basically a massive giveaway to veteran players who are already way ahead, meanwhile newer players get basically nothing. This puts newer players even further behind relatively speaking (which does matter since there is a major competitive aspect to this game).

It's good for the game if new people start playing and are encouraged so hopefully this won't have a negative impact. 
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    Options
    dianetics said:
    I’m no geneticist, so correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t Cyclops have a potentially equal link to Havok as well (his brother?)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eirikr56 said:
    Not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's worth noting that this is basically a massive giveaway to veteran players who are already way ahead, meanwhile newer players get basically nothing. This puts newer players even further behind relatively speaking (which does matter since there is a major competitive aspect to this game).

It's good for the game if new people start playing and are encouraged so hopefully this won't have a negative impact. 
    Things so great like this one ultimately reminds f2p to spend a few bucks and roster all characters. 
    Or hoarders waiting for maxing a single character, that this is a champ'em all game. 
  • Thorodis0n
    Thorodis0n Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tomorrow, the whales will kiss the new Emma, without opening a single cp! :/ No sense. Lol
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    samael64 said:
    Now I'll need to come up with a new favorite heroes strategy.  ;)
    I'm sayin.  My current strategy for 4* favs is to get the 5* they feed a cover for each power.  My current 4* fav, Gamora is lvl 293.  The upcoming shards will give me the missing power for 5* Thanos who is 2/0/1.  I have a bunch of these to do.  But now idk what to do.  Staying with this example, the connection is obvious but could they make the switch to have 4* Thanos feed the 5* and have 4* Gamora feed the 5*?  Or do they leave it as is and make 4* Thanos feed 5* Gamora?

Another example is 4* Moon Knight.  Doesn't have a feeder and neither does 5* Moon Knight.  Pretty straightforward assumption for a 4* to feed a 5*.  But do I run 4* MK up to 300(currently lvl 295) to get the LL and at some point double dip with the cover & shards?  MK might not even get the retro treatment.  

So many different permutations that could play out, it's definitely something I'll be thinking about.  

Edit: completely forgot about some of the recent feeder assignments that now look to be nothing more than placeholders to be changed at a later date.  Glidey Spidey and Reptil come to mind.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is great! Way to go!
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So will Jubilee still feed 5* Jean Grey?
    No

Cmon man
    Looks like she will for now
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Eirikr56 said:

Things so great like this one ultimately reminds f2p to spend a few bucks and roster all characters. 
    Or hoarders waiting for maxing a single character, that this is a champ'em all game. 
    That doesn't help though.

The problem is the double dipping. For example if your Antman is at L300, you've earned 2 5* covers already (1 cover + 500 shards). Tomorrow you'll get another cover and 500 more shards. Someone who is rostering all characters can't ever get that same reward. All they can get is 1 cover and 500 shards.

The double dipping part is the massive give away to long time vets. Someone with a 370 Emma not only will get 6 covers for Emma but also all the rewards along the way they already got at L270, 296, 208, 300 etc etc. Essentially they get MORE for doing the same thing newer players get.

I really hoped they'd never do this again after Shardmas but it seems they are planning to do it again. So I'm going to take advantage and open a bunch of heroic/mighty tokens to put 5 more levels on Antman to get him to 340 so I get an extra 5* Wasp cover worth of shards.

KGB