Deadpool Daily Update (Live 9/19/22)

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thankfully I stopped hoarding tokens. Except for the spicy variety because reasons. 
  • trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Currently sitting on over 1250 savory tokens.  Glad I used 300 just a couple of weeks ago (well 284 to get both 4s and the LT), but no way am I spending a couple of hours working my way through these before Monday.
    I'm with MadScientist and will keep for health packs.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everything looks good to me.  I was concerned about the LL tokens with DPDQ, but with the new schedule we will get more LL in a year.  I also appreciate the lower cost of roster slots even though I am no where near HP poor.  Overall good changes.

in the near future I can’t wait to see what you do to change supports as well as adding ways to spend HP and ISO.  I do think you have a population of players who like myself have way too much HO and ISO.  As a 5* player a lot of the daily deals and vaults really don’t feel worth the costs. A lot have gotten better over time and I hope to see some improvements in the future 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently sitting on over 1250 savory tokens.  Glad I used 300 just a couple of weeks ago (well 284 to get both 4s and the LT), but no way am I spending a couple of hours working my way through these before Monday.
    I'm with MadScientist and will keep for health packs.

I just burned through my 385 stockpiled tokens fairly quickly. At least if you're on iOS you can skip the vault opening animation mostly if you're tapping fast.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:
    I just burned through my 385 stockpiled tokens fairly quickly. At least if you're on iOS you can skip the vault opening animation mostly if you're tapping fast.

Tapping fast helps, but it’s still annoying how slow it can be. That’s one of my issues with vaults, but understand that it is what it is. 
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, but given what it is supposed to be and how most games make them look visually appealing to feed the part of brains that like that sort of stuff, the animation for the Vaults may actually be doing the opposite. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    On mobile it's possible to kind of tapping fast too.
    I had 1800 tokens. I already have burnt out 600 and reseted the vault 4 times.
    Tomorrow more, knowing it at least there is a lot of time to waste everything comfortably.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hi Everyone - Just wanted to jump in to let everyone know that CS has received the HP requests for recently purchase roster slots for the players with 300+ slots and will be working on crediting these accounts on Monday when they are back in the office.  Thank you everyone for your patience!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, the dev are so generous.

Permanent roster slot discount from 2000 to 1200 and extra 35 hp per day from ddq.

Without all these, we would use 6000 HP per month (for those over 300 slots) to roster all new releases. Now,

It costs only 1200*3 = 3600 for these players. On top of that, we have additional 35*30hp = 1050hp per month.

Even without the additional 3*, we would be spending 4000 hp a month for 2 new releases. Now, it's only 3600hp for 3 new releases. 

I wonder what the long term plan is for the game, with so many important resources being devalued.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler

Permanent roster slot discount from 2000 to 1200 and extra 35 hp per day from ddq.

Without all these, we would use 6000 HP per month (for those over 300 slots) to roster all new releases. Now,

It costs only 1200*3 = 3600 for these players. On top of that, we have additional 35*30hp = 1050hp per month.

Even without the additional 3*, we would be spending 4000 hp a month for 2 new releases. Now, it's only 3600hp for 3 new releases. 

I wonder what the long term plan is for the game, with so many important resources being devalued.
    It will be usual plan of getting as many new players as possible, hoping as many as possible become regular spenders. These changes (more Iso and HP) will also help new players feel like they can somewhat catch-up and make more progress.

For the rest of us, those roster slot prices dropping will no doubt lead to a bigger increase of people spending HP.
  • HoundofShadow
    Spending HP via ingame play is not the same as spending HP via cash bundles. One increases revenues, and the other doesn't
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,773 Chairperson of the Boards

Well that’s one way to look at it. 

Or you could say I was spending 4k per month and now they have added a bunch of useless 3* to players over 300 slots and will spend 3600 HP per month. As for HP they have added back what they stripped out of the rewards a couple of years back.

HP hasn’t been devalued much at all while the things you can buy are still the same prices. Effectively all they have given you with the increased HP and 3600 HP cost per month instead of 4000 is a free roster slot past 300. Not exactly currency breaking.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    First of all, I think it's about generosity and good will.
    And second, if players didn't have reacted offering a good support after BCS took in charge they couldn't offer all these things even if they wanted.
    Finally, possibly old devs wouldn't do this, they never took risky decisions, even at designing characters.
  • HoundofShadow
    They have devalued 5* covers and hp. New players will be able to earn extra 1050 hp a month, which is significant.

A saving of 400 per month translates to 4800 hp a year. Considering that players are hard up over that additional 1000 hp past 300 slots, it's a big deal.

I don't think what they are doing is sustainable in the long run. Players' goals are typically to spend as little money as possible while maximising their rewards. The new dev is doing just that to fulfill the players' goals. 
  • Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    The increased 3*'s will slow down the farms over time, so while it will be extra hp in the beginning, later there will be less flow to the higher rewards of cp, hp, tokens, and shards that happen as you max a 3*. I would assume the game economist takes all that into account in setting the rewards.

There is clearly a 3* player base that doesn't hang out here. There seems to be more of that type of player on the Facebook page. All these changes seem meant to engage them in some way, as it is clear now the extra 3*'s are not just a cash grab by running down players' hp.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 592 Critical Contributor
    New players will be able to earn extra 1050 hp a month, which is significant.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. it's not for NEW players at all.

It's reserved for 3star and 4star characters, with opponents at lvl 270. that's not a "new player", that's someone who's probably been playing for a year. It'll fix that HP drought you hit as your roster ramps up signficantly.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the new DDQ. The new nodes add to the variety though I have too many meta characters waiting iso. Thankfully I have Drax champed. The developers should really consider 2 crashes a week with 2 different 4* characters. I doubt they would go bankrupt by giving out 2 more LL tokens every week. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 570 Critical Contributor
    I like the new DDQ. The new nodes add to the variety though I have too many meta characters waiting iso. Thankfully I have Drax champed. The developers should really consider 2 crashes a week with 2 different 4* characters. I doubt they would go bankrupt by giving out 2 more LL tokens every week. 
    It's only 1 more LL every week, but yes, every week should have two crashes, each with a different 4*. As it is, we won't see Drax cycle back through for over two years.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    It's been soo long - what did everyone use as their 3* team??  I took Strange, Thanos and Thor

Also it's worth mentioning again - double Drax was fine, but I don't look forward to a double crash with some of the 4*s that are not built for solo use.  It just seems very lazy not to feature 2 different 4*s on these double crash weeks, it's not like the game is short on 4*s!!  

And as Sekilicious just posted - 2 more LTs in a 4 week period won't break the virtual bank either, just get double crashes going every week, or better yet have a 5* crash as the 2nd node.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:
    It's been soo long - what did everyone use as their 3* team??  I took Strange, Thanos and Thor

Also it's worth mentioning again - double Drax was fine, but I don't look forward to a double crash with some of the 4*s that are not built for solo use.  It just seems very lazy not to feature 2 different 4*s on these double crash weeks, it's not like the game is short on 4*s!!  

And as Sekilicious just posted - 2 more LTs in a 4 week period won't break the virtual bank either, just get double crashes going every week, or better yet have a 5* crash as the 2nd node.
    I used iron fist, switch, and iron man.  wanda to fuel purple for IF and iron man to cast yellow and an outlet for blue and red.