Deadpool Daily Update (Live 9/19/22)

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,212 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

I have 550 sweet tokens, will those roll over when we go exclusively to sweet tokens?  Also, what about the Spicy Vault?  Is that staying or retiring?  Thanks.  
    Also, why can't savory just roll into sweet...
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 846 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    @IceIX

I have 550 sweet tokens, will those roll over when we go exclusively to sweet tokens?  Also, what about the Spicy Vault?  Is that staying or retiring?  Thanks.  
    I was thinking the same thing.  Honestly I make the most use of the Spicy Vault.  I like the current contents of the Savory vault so I'll just clear the whole thing slowly over the next few days unless they decide to roll em all into one.  
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

I was thinking the same thing.  Honestly I make the most use of the Spicy Vault.  I like the current contents of the Savory vault so I'll just clear the whole thing slowly over the next few days unless they decide to roll em all into one.  
    Ice just answered this question in Discord:
    "There's no mechanism to internally swap tokens. It's why we have expired packs/vaults to begin with."
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,318 Site Admin
    bladewing said:
    @IceIX

Ice just answered this question in Discord:
    "There's no mechanism to internally swap tokens. It's why we have expired packs/vaults to begin with."
    I was *literally* transferring that over as a quote to Waddles. Faster than I was. As for Iso and Anniversary, just wait till our Anniversary announcement. Think it'll work out (for the time being anyway)
  • IceIX
    @IceIX

Yes, you'll keep those Sweet tokens. And Spicy isn't going away, since it's not directly tied into DDQ timings.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    This all sounds awesome! Great job!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,367 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, I have over 600 Savory Tokens.  What, exactly, will they be pulling from and does it reset when I have emptied the vault or will the tokens become worthless?  Or can the vault never be emptied?  Thanks.
  • IceIX
    So, I have over 600 Savory Tokens.  What, exactly, will they be pulling from and does it reset when I have emptied the vault or will the tokens become worthless?  Or can the vault never be emptied?  Thanks.
    It'll work like any other Expired Token Pack/Vault. You'll be pulling from whatever the contents of that last update was, and the Vault will never count down items (so it's an eternal 1/300 chance of any item). 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I just hope the new and improved Sweet Taco Vault gets an upgrade sooner rather than later.  Replacing some of those 2*s with some red iso and support tokens would be so, so nice.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    IceIX said:
    It'll work like any other Expired Token Pack/Vault. You'll be pulling from whatever the contents of that last update was, and the Vault will never count down items (so it's an eternal 1/300 chance of any item). 
    @IceIX any chance we can request to convert these into sweet tokens? I currently have 784 savory and the only reason I hoard is to get a 100% chance to hit the exact item I want. Pulling from an expired vault 700+ times with a 1/300 chance of getting something decent is not particularly appealing.
  • IceIX
    Bzhai said:
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX any chance we can request to convert these into sweet tokens? I currently have 784 savory and the only reason I hoard is to get a 100% chance to hit the exact item I want. Pulling from an expired vault 700+ times with a 1/300 chance of getting something decent is not particularly appealing.
    The system doesn't support swapping of tokens and it would be a considerable amount of work to create something that would allow for it, unfortunately. It was raised as a possibility but there's just too much involved to allow for something like that.
  • Bzhai
    IceIX said:
    Bzhai said:
    IceIX said:
    The system doesn't support swapping of tokens and it would be a considerable amount of work to create something that would allow for it, unfortunately. It was raised as a possibility but there's just too much involved to allow for something like that.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess the next best solution is to spend them all before monday's reset then?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,367 Chairperson of the Boards
    Count me as not a happy camper at getting this notice with only three days left to unhoard my Savory Tokens.  I know there are always trade offs but a little more notice might have been nice.  Or somehow either converting or compensating.  Definitely not cool, in my opinion.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Bzhai said:
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess the next best solution is to spend them all before monday's reset then?
    Yes. I had 261 tokens so I pulled until I hit the LLT, then reset it. Then pulled until I hit the LLT again. Twice more. (I got super lucky). Hopefully you’ll pull enough HP in the process to offset the reset(s). 
  • Virus
    Virus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2022
    These new developers are breathing new life into this game. These changes are absolutely wonderful for players, not alienating 5 star players and making it refreshing for 3-4 star players. I’m truly impressed, Virus approved. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    IceIX said:
    Bzhai said:
    IceIX said:
    Thanks for clarifying. Took a while but pulled my 550 savory, better than pulling from expired vault. Though it took 297 in first vault to get LT and both 4s.  

I now have 265 health packs! 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I think I keep my hoard of tokens for the rare but extremely annoying cases when I need some health packs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I will be opening a lot of Savoury Taco tokens this weekend but not as many as some of you lot!
  • Bzhai
    It's end of pvp season too so those bajallion health packs will come in handy for us last minute sim climbers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    How impactful are the new 3's going to be? Are we going to see them featured multiple times like new 4 & 5 releases are in Story mode?