Deadpool Daily Update (Live 9/19/22)

Options

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Great to see the roster cost down to 1200 for those having a HP crunch (a majority of players I expect). The extra 35 a day should generate approximately 1100 a month which is good for 1 more roster slot which should handle a new 3* every month.

Lots of goodies here for developing rosters (players in 4* transition and earlier) including some extra tokens too.

Like many other vets, I just wish there was something for those in late 4* land or 5* land. Even just changing the crash from a straight L270 encounter to a selectable level one (let players pick either 270 or 370 opponent) with the 370 reward being the LT + some 5* shards and restrict the 370 encounter to no supports (but boosts would be OK) would have been nice

KGB
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Incredibly thankful that DDQ is getting polished. As a player just under 300 slots, I am happy with these adjustments to hp / rostering.

My 2 biggest concerns are iso and dilution - both of which are made a little more problematic with these changes. The additional 1500/day, 42,000/month - is earned only if the 1*/2* nodes are played, which bring me little(if any joy) - and assuming I play those games, monthly will fall short 85,000 iso of champing the new 3star. Would have liked more challenges with 4*/5* characters.

Glad to see the roster/hp crisis averted. I know that DDQ can't be the fix for everything, but a bit bummed that the iso desert and dilution aren't priorities. Just makes the iso shortage worse and punts addressing the issues months/years away. 

this news is 3 morbs out of 5
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Overall a good update. Like the new nodes, like the added rewards, love the idea of dropping new 3's in immediately, like the change in roster slot prices (I'll definitely be one of the players seeing a benefit, I'll get to keep more HP each month for use elsewhere in the game). Looking forward to the new artwork, glad you've kept in the Deadpool feel (with things like the doodles around the nodes, and not just slapping his name on it).

So... some questions.

1. Will Taco Tokens stay mostly the same? A week of earning one type, then a week of earning the other? No changes to the vault or anything?
    2. 3-star releases will happen alongside tweaked odds to Heroic and Mighty tokens. This is a complete change to the token's odds, rather than alternative tokens we've seen in the past (where most events come with an item vault, but release events have a "release token" that has boosted odds but doesn't pull from a vault, right?). Meaning if I hold on to my Heroic/Mighty tokens, I can save them for boosted odds on new 3's to try and cover them quickly? Or, another way of looking at it, if I have Heroic/Mighty tokens and DON'T want the boosted odds at a new 3 for whatever reason, I would need to wait until after the release window where they revert back to "normal?" Most of this game is about prioritizing/optimizing use of resources (tokens/iso/hp), so I would think some people will benefit from having this clarification.
    3. Is the 3-Star Step-Up bundle going to have a Ca$h price, or an HP cost? I always approve of good bundles that allow players to spend to their chosen benefit so long as they don't feel "necessary" ($75 for costumes can go die in a fire), so I'm curious about these bundles, particularly because they're going to launch right alongside roster slot changes that will leave me with extra HP to use...
    4. Any chance you could explain why you chose to double-down on some 4-star characters, and then be convinced that it's a bad idea? It already takes ages to cycle through the 4-star characters for Crashes, and now instead of cycling through 6 characters in 30 days, we'll be cycling through 4 characters in 28 days. The same math that has you doing two crashes every other week to keep LT rates similar suggests you should be doing two separate 4's during those weeks as well, solely to keep up cycling through them so everyone gets a chance to shine (which is especially important for players who are working on that tier, and can't complete the Crash with every 4-star). Further, the presented cycle is going to be randomly punishing to players. Yeah, the guy with Nova champed will be glad to use him twice for two LTs, but the player who has Medusa champed the next week will feel like they lost an opportunity at an LT for randomly having the "wrong" character champed, simply because those two came in that order. (and I might have missed it, but I didn't see any mention that efforts would be made to prevent Nova from "double-dipping" the next time he shows up in rotation, either) The reality is that it's more fair for every character to get ONE crash, and for the weeks where you double-up, two characters are available. Then, instead of a player missing out on two LTs because they didn't have the right character, those weeks provide two opportunities to have the "right" character, which seems like more odds that a growing roster will get to attempt the Crash.
    5. More of a "4a" than a "5", but whatever. Taco Vaults always have a guaranteed 4-star cover for that cycle's Crash character. Once we convince you to fix the double-weeks to feature two characters, would the vaults be tweaked to reflect that, so both characters have a guaranteed cover in the vault?
    Don't take my complaints the wrong way. I'm excited for these positive changes, and that motivates me to seek more, you know? It's good to be in a place to have this kind of conversation again.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:

• Launching a 3-Star Versus Event featuring them at the same time as the Release event for the 5-Star. This means that you’ll *immediately* get to play with a loaner of the 3-Star version.

Can you explain a bit?
    Isn't there a PvP before that rewards the 3-star?
    Then there's a PvP that features the 3-star and rewards the 5-star?
    And after that there's a PvP that features the 5-star?
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll always take more iso wherever I can get it.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Like many other vets, I just wish there was something for those in late 4* land or 5* land. 

KGB
    I think this is why I was a bit underwhelmed.  New rewards are nice, but there's really nothing here that adds too much for those of us in 5* land.  I had been hoping for something a bit more dramatic
  • doom_decrees_it
    doom_decrees_it Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sounds like good updates. Am grateful to finally see the consideration for roster slot costs coming soon. Yay!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, I'm still not understanding.  Are there going to be 8 Daily Events that reset every day and 2 Crash events that reset once a week?  I'm still not seeing that spelled out anywhere (but I have been known to be obtuse before, so probably my fault).
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So, I'm still not understanding.  Are there going to be 8 Daily Events that reset every day and 2 Crash events that reset once a week?  I'm still not seeing that spelled out anywhere (but I have been known to be obtuse before, so probably my fault).
    Yes - 8 daily events up from the current 6.  New Mighty Token and 35Hp daily up as rewards on the 2 new nodes as well as 1,500 extra ISO on 2 current nodes.  No change to the daily progression

In a 28 day period with 4 weeks A, B, C & D :
    • Each week there will be 1 Crash - noted on weeks A, B, C & D
    • Every other week there will be a 2nd Crash - noted on weeks A & C
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks!  I tried to read it several times and didn't see it explicitly called out.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can someone clarify if we are just getting 3 and 5 stars from now on or are we getting 3, 4's & 5's? BCS haven't said about 4 stars as far as I'm aware?
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Can someone clarify if we are just getting 3 and 5 stars from now on or are we getting 3, 4's & 5's? BCS haven't said about 4 stars as far as I'm aware?
    Yes, I hear you Clem Fandango.

4-Star and 5-Star release schedules are totally unchanged. There is just now a 3-Star being released in concert with the 5-Star.
    I love how many people get this reference
    Thanks for the clarification Ice

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since the 3 is immediately going into the store to allow people to try and champ immediately does that also mean we’ll be able to favorite that hero right away as well or do we still need to wait for it to no longer be new to do so? I don’t remember reading that anywhere in there 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This all feels positive and good for the game. Thank y’all for addressing roster slot costs!

This may be a Q&A thread question, but are there any designs on a solo 5* crash type experience? Maybe something giving shards to that required character for end game players?
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This all feels positive and good for the game. Thank y’all for addressing roster slot costs!

This may be a Q&A thread question, but are there any designs on a solo 5* crash type experience? Maybe something giving shards to that required character for end game players?
    I was hoping for something like that too.  Something that is challenging like the crashes were at first when you didn't have a whole lot of covers for a 4. 

A five crash that is challenging that gives out just 50 shards would be awesome.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    So... some questions.

1. Will Taco Tokens stay mostly the same? A week of earning one type, then a week of earning the other? No changes to the vault or anything?
    2. 3-star releases will happen alongside tweaked odds to Heroic and Mighty tokens. This is a complete change to the token's odds, rather than alternative tokens we've seen in the past (where most events come with an item vault, but release events have a "release token" that has boosted odds but doesn't pull from a vault, right?). Meaning if I hold on to my Heroic/Mighty tokens, I can save them for boosted odds on new 3's to try and cover them quickly? Or, another way of looking at it, if I have Heroic/Mighty tokens and DON'T want the boosted odds at a new 3 for whatever reason, I would need to wait until after the release window where they revert back to "normal?" Most of this game is about prioritizing/optimizing use of resources (tokens/iso/hp), so I would think some people will benefit from having this clarification.
    3. Is the 3-Star Step-Up bundle going to have a Ca$h price, or an HP cost? I always approve of good bundles that allow players to spend to their chosen benefit so long as they don't feel "necessary" ($75 for costumes can go die in a fire), so I'm curious about these bundles, particularly because they're going to launch right alongside roster slot changes that will leave me with extra HP to use...
    4. Any chance you could explain why you chose to double-down on some 4-star characters, and then be convinced that it's a bad idea? It already takes ages to cycle through the 4-star characters for Crashes, and now instead of cycling through 6 characters in 30 days, we'll be cycling through 4 characters in 28 days. The same math that has you doing two crashes every other week to keep LT rates similar suggests you should be doing two separate 4's during those weeks as well, solely to keep up cycling through them so everyone gets a chance to shine (which is especially important for players who are working on that tier, and can't complete the Crash with every 4-star). Further, the presented cycle is going to be randomly punishing to players. Yeah, the guy with Nova champed will be glad to use him twice for two LTs, but the player who has Medusa champed the next week will feel like they lost an opportunity at an LT for randomly having the "wrong" character champed, simply because those two came in that order. (and I might have missed it, but I didn't see any mention that efforts would be made to prevent Nova from "double-dipping" the next time he shows up in rotation, either) The reality is that it's more fair for every character to get ONE crash, and for the weeks where you double-up, two characters are available. Then, instead of a player missing out on two LTs because they didn't have the right character, those weeks provide two opportunities to have the "right" character, which seems like more odds that a growing roster will get to attempt the Crash.
    5. More of a "4a" than a "5", but whatever. Taco Vaults always have a guaranteed 4-star cover for that cycle's Crash character. Once we convince you to fix the double-weeks to feature two characters, would the vaults be tweaked to reflect that, so both characters have a guaranteed cover in the vault?
    Don't take my complaints the wrong way. I'm excited for these positive changes, and that motivates me to seek more, you know? It's good to be in a place to have this kind of conversation again.
    1 - Updated the main post. Savory Tokens will be retired. All tokens going forward will be Sweet Taco Tokens.
    2 - It'll be increased odds, yes, but not increased at the cost of other rarities. You'll still have the same odds of a 4-Star out of Mighty Tokens than at current. It's just that when you pull a 3-Star, it will have increased odds within that tier. I suppose there's a world where a player really really wants Kamala Khan and now they have lower odds of her specifically from a Mighty Token exists that features a different 3-Star, but that's not really the norm.
    3 - Step Up Bundles are real money, as per others of its type. We've got loose plans to offer these 3-Stars in other ways through in-game stuff, but we want to see how current implementation works out before tweaking more things.
    4 - It's not required to Champ a 4-Star to beat a Crash node. The median level that a Crash is completed at by the player base is ~147. It DOES take multiple tries for most players, but we see a lot of players with minimal covers on a character beat up on the Crash opponent. We'll look at how players are getting through this updated version, but we think the change is pretty decent. As for cycling, one of the things we'd like to do in future is update PVE events in general so that more characters are used/seen. That way it wouldn't be the case that pretty much the only time you get to use or even fight a given 4* is once every year.
    5 - We'll look at that. Not a bad idea!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    bigjojo04 said:
    Since the 3 is immediately going into the store to allow people to try and champ immediately does that also mean we’ll be able to favorite that hero right away as well or do we still need to wait for it to no longer be new to do so? I don’t remember reading that anywhere in there 
    Right now it'd open with pack rotations, but it's not a bad leap of logic there. No promises, but I'll bring it up to the design team. :)
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:

In a totally related but not directly related thing, we're aware that this change to DDQ doesn't solve the new Iso amounts that the 3-Star puts into the game. We don't have anything in the near term for that but it's something we're looking at (and the Iso desert overall). We just didn't feel it was something to fix ALL with DDQ's update.

Any reason you guys can’t do the obvious and turn on 2x ISO until you come up with a more elegant solution? I mean the anniversary is coming up, and there is usually a week or two of double ISO during that time anyways…
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 814 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @IceIX

I have 550 sweet tokens, will those roll over when we go exclusively to sweet tokens?  Also, what about the Spicy Vault?  Is that staying or retiring?  Thanks.