Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A July 2022 (7/14/22)

Options

Comments

• ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Generally speaking, what is the dev team's stance on fictionally powerful characters being less mechanically powerful than fictionally street level characters in the game? Like generally speaking it's okay that Okoye, a character with no powers, is wildly superior to Magneto (age of apocalypse) who is one of the fictionally most powerful mutants in the marvel universe?
    Agreed   This has definitely fallen off since the early days.  The first 5-star was Silver Surfer, who fittingly is quite powerful...now a canonically brand-new Thor is on par with someone who wields the Power Cosmic.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will daily rewards get an update?

How does the new dev team plan to address dilution in classic legend packs?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ROTBI said:
    Generally speaking, what is the dev team's stance on fictionally powerful characters being less mechanically powerful than fictionally street level characters in the game? Like generally speaking it's okay that Okoye, a character with no powers, is wildly superior to Magneto (age of apocalypse) who is one of the fictionally most powerful mutants in the marvel universe?
    Agreed   This has definitely fallen off since the early days.  The first 5-star was Silver Surfer, who fittingly is quite powerful...now a canonically brand-new Thor is on par with someone who wields the Power Cosmic.
    My example was purposefully within the 5* tier as well - I get it we have several tiers for accessibility but within the **** tiers it feels weird to me that Jessica Jones is measurably and inarguably better than  Captain Marvel (galactic warrior) as a for instance.
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    September, September, September. Very excited to hear about all these changes and I can't wait to see all the work BCS has put into MPQ. Curious about the pace at which we'll see changes, just hoping for successful, smooth rollouts.

1. When it comes to rebalances, what dictates "who-gets-what-when"? Will the weakest, most unused characters see redemption first, or will it be random fixes (like when Lockjaw and War Machine got micros) or will it be dictated by media appearances? Will there be a set time table for the rebalances, like every month (1 5* & 2 4*) with opportunities to earn covers/shards on freshly rebalanced characters?

2. Any thoughts on sprucing up Lightning Rounds?

Btw, huge fan of diversity and inclusion. Would love to see some more Eternals! 
    Thanks.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Any plans to tie in with current/ongoing comic events outside of the Hellfire Gala? I’m thinking like the big summer events (I think it is A.X.E.(?) this year).
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ROTBI said:
    My example was purposefully within the 5* tier as well - I get it we have several tiers for accessibility but within the **** tiers it feels weird to me that Jessica Jones is measurably and inarguably better than  Captain Marvel (galactic warrior) as a for instance.
    Not sure if the new devs see it differently,  but in the past they've said that stars don't represent canonical power level and are meaningless aside from rarity and any character could be any star level.  Hence why a power house like juggernaut started as just a 1 star while much weaker people like Hawkeye or punisher were 2 and 3 stars. 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1) Assuming they continue, can you please put 5* characters who are rebalanced into special stores right after?(For that matter can we please get special stores more often period)

2) What plans are in the mix to freshen up pve? I’m referring to content, not rewards. New pves? Gauntlet? Revamp old pves with new matchups? 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Can 5 star Magneto be the first rebalance? If not, what would persuade you?

With the simultaneous 3 and 5 releases will their powers be functionally the same (like 2 and 3 star Thor) or similar but different like Strange and Star Lord?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What character would you remove from the game if you could?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options
    considering 71 5s and 126 4s in the game so far, I'd imagine that's unbelievably daunting for new players.

Are you considering addressing the ability to target specific characters (or groups of characters) at one time? 

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regarding the new 3* releases coming soon, is there a specific number y'all will be releasing or is it more open ended?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If a dual 3- and 5-Star character is released, the number of new characters per month will increase from 2 to 3. Is this intended?

If a new support is introduced, will it get its own release event, like characters now do?

Will there be a system similar to shards for supports?
  • Woiciu
    Woiciu Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1. Can we get more filters like affiliations, creating special or colored tiles etc.?

2. How about changing iso to hp and hp into iso especialy when dual charcters (3* and 5*) will show up?
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SUPPORTS
    Are there any plans to overhaul the supports ?
    Currently we have what looks like a lot of supports, but in reality, it's so hard to obtain levels on them, that a large number of them just sit there unused. 
    With some of them, even gaining a level on them doesn't change the properties. 
    We could do with a better range of AP gaining supports too.

BOOSTS/BANNERS
    Are there any plans to improve the boosts system?
    It would be really helpful for those that need to use boosts if we could have the option to buy different amounts. 
    It would also be nice if we had the option to turn off banners for boosts,  (although they do let us know when the game has added boosts that we didn't ask for!).
    Also banners in wave nodes, banners saying what wave you're on are useful, banners saying he left, she arrived are not.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Mod note: I have removed a few posts that were discussing the viability of a training mode. HoundofShadow has created a thread to discuss the topic here

Please keep in mind this thread is mainly for asking questions to the development team. While we understand some questions will generate commentary, please try to limit your comments to one post or if you feel it is something worth discussing start a new thread. If you simply want to show you like a question, please use the "like" button. 

Please keep this thread on topic. 

Thank you.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could the god-boosted 5's be increased to five instead of three?  It might lead to more variety in PVP.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any plans to expand on special tiles? Repeaters seem to be the bin for all the miscellaneous ones (eg: study, minion, etc)
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do you have any plans to make Supports working in PVP battles or is it definite decizion that they never will?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any thoughts on changing up PVE and removing the trivial nodes?  in the SCL set-up they are really unnecessary.

Also would love to see the token opening process streamlined - champ levels should be auto-applied and I don't need to see all those tokens opened.  Over and around the game there is way too many taps needed to do things that could be improved for our QoL.
This discussion has been closed.