Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A July 2022 (7/14/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Hope everyone is having a nice summer so far!

We thoroughly enjoyed all the questions with the return of the Developer Q&A last month and we are super excited for another opportunity to get your questions answered from the team.  So let’s keep this rolling!

And just to make note, here are some Q&A details to keep in mind.

• Any legitimate question is fair game, but keeping your question clear and concise will help. It's much easier to grasp the intent of a sentence or two.
  • Let's keep this to a max one or two questions each so we can manage things easily and give everyone the ability to participate. This is a monthly Q&A and you can submit further inquiries next time.
  • Please submit your question for this Q&A by Noon PST on July 18th.
  • The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community.  We will post the responses before EOD July 25th.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the new 3* characters release and they are a duplicate of the 5* release will they both get their own PvP? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Now that a lot of new affiliations are being created, are you going to go back (Soon :)) and update all the existing characters to add new affiliations or change existing ones?

More importantly are we going to get some new powers or updates to existing powers (reworks) that use these affiliations in a meaningful way? So much wasted potential here (see Gorr not doing damage to Godlike)

KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Gargantos was your first character, or are there still work pieces of the former team?

Traps and repeaters tiles meta are hard to identify when the board is bloated with them. Are you thinking about a way to make them easier to play with?
    Because I think it would be needed ;) My suggestion: a colored brand encircling them according to the power which created them, or something like that. 
    Edit: likewise special tiles could be remarked if they are stronger that others, or to show an approx value like 2k, 3k... without having to clik them.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. There is a noticeable disparity between the number of villains and heroes in the 5* tier, particularly female villains. Do you intend to eventually bridge the gap or is it something not currently on your radar?

2. With the arrival of 5* Kamala Khan and her notable interaction with Beta Ray Bill and Polaris, is it safe to assume you have no issue with winfinite teams or do you see it as problem that will eventually be addressed? 
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. There is a noticeable disparity between the number of villains and heroes in the 5* tier, particularly female villains. Do you intend to eventually bridge the gap or is it something not currently on your radar?

2. With the arrival of 5* Kamala Khan and her notable interaction with Beta Ray Bill and Polaris, is it safe to assume you have no issue with winfinite teams or do you see it as problem that will eventually be addressed? 
    Kind of piggybacking on this idea, would there be some openness to create MPQ-original female villains? Maybe a genderswapping of popular male villains like Dr. Doom or Kraven? Not sure if those already exist in What If universes, but just throwing ideas out there.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When characters get dual 3* and 5* releases, will each version have a different costume?
    If so, might the 3* costume be unlockable for the 5* - in case people prefer it, and since the art assets are already there?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What platform do you play the game on?  Do any of the developers play on Steam?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Generally speaking, what is the dev team's stance on fictionally powerful characters being less mechanically powerful than fictionally street level characters in the game? Like generally speaking it's okay that Okoye, a character with no powers, is wildly superior to Magneto (age of apocalypse) who is one of the fictionally most powerful mutants in the marvel universe?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. How do you feel about PVP requiring a separate app outside of the game to co-oridinate attacks and shields which helps to inflate the scoring. Surely this is an exploit that a vast number of your players won't even know exists. To that end how would you feel about removing names from pvp and maybe have a system where if you are attacked by an alliance member they get the points but you don't lose any.

2. Supports, I have always loved them and feel they should have a place in pvp even if they only work on offence and not defence. This would allow smaller rosters to punch up slightly and speed up the matches as well. Even myself, I could skip less matches if I could use supports. Would you consider testing this?
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1.   Do you have any plans on improving the Alliance Chat system?  It's difficult to leave things like Announcements, which eventually end up getting pushed down and vanish.

2.   Any plans on being able to sort/filter Alliance members and applicants rosters?   Any other updates to alliance related plans coming would be appreciated
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1: Do you have some new ideas on how to enhance the Milestone feature? It was a GREAT addition a few years back that seems to be universally liked, but the daily milestones have grown stale and the lifetime milestones are approaching the point of impossibility for us veteran players. This seems like a limitless way to engage a more diverse amount of daily play from all levels of players, use it that way.

2: Can the number of players in a certain PVE (and maybe PVP?) time-slice and CL difficulty be visible to the players BEFORE they join, rather than after? That would eliminate the labor-intensive effort of those who track players counts via outside information and even the field for those aren't privy to the competitive advantage of those waiting to join to catch a bracket "flip".
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    1. It's commonly said that MPQ is all about speed. What's your take on this? Elaborate? 

2. Players have been forced to use only meta characters in pves to progress because of the amount of time needed to play pves each day (40-60 minutes or more) amd because of how placements work. If players use non-meta characters to clear and grind pves,  they are at a disadvantage, and they will need to spend even more time on them. What plan is there to reduce the amount of time spend on pve by 20-30 minutes (without decreasing rewards) so that players can use that extra time to use non-meta characters elsewhere?

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Really enjoyed the last boss event both for the extra rewards and for the increased difficulty.   Are there any plans for new events with increased difficulty?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who has the nicest car?
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    with simultaneous 5 and 3 stars set to soon arrive. What will you do to alleviate the roster slot grind, especially for F2P community?

Will Darkhawk ever come to MPQ?
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi. I missed this last time around, but I really need to cover these things first. While we have lots of requests , I personally would like to ask these:

1) Can we remove the God boosts from pvp, or at least make ot 25 or 50max?  It really is embarrassing when the veteran players who worked tirelessly (spending, whaling, numerous events playing at top leve, hoardingl) to upgrade their roster to 550. Only to have boosted players take away their hard work and time invested in their roster feel useless.  You gave Toyota prius's a supercharger and they think they are God like.  Especially since boosted characters have created the massive slow down in pvp.  Like fighting numerous CN in pvp,, over and over again.

2)  can we have a shard bank incorporated into the game please? Meaning, if we don't want shards for a certain character, we can move or transfer them to a bank to be used for a character we like.  Like everyone else, I have 550 okoye,  I have 2500 shards sitting wasting space. I would like move that to a bank and use it for another character as we see fit.  Or for the "choose your adventure " shard bundle, move to a bank and not be forced to use it on characters we don't use at that moment. This would be a good replacement for bonus heroes since shards are horrible and have a painful droprate. 

3) sorry, just remembered.  What is going in with classic legendary tokens? The blue shiny ones.  When will they be incorporated into the game, like placement, ddq, progression,  daily resupply so forth.  

Thanks for your time.   Much appreciated 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have you given any thought to refreshing the Deadpool vs MPQ event?  I'm not sure which element I like the least: it takes 4 days to play when there are only 2 days of content, the "vs Heroes" map doesn't make sense, or he only crosses swords with quite old characters.  I feel there's so much potential here for Deadpool to fight newer themed groups of characters (like interrupting Strange, Wanda, and America having a fight, or MODOK and a couple of AIM goons) but it feels so stale and tired when everything within it is drawn from such a small pool.  Thanks very much; I'm looking forward to your new enhancements in September. 
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    When can we expect to see more 5-star related rewards through an expanded/reworked Deadpool daily quest experience?
This discussion has been closed.