Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A July 2022 (7/14/22)

Options

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Without devolving into feature requests...: 
    • Could you broadly outline the points that are concretely on your MPQ roadmap for the near-to-mid future (heck maybe even long term), ranked by priority?
      A lot of things that players have mentioned on here have been met with a "yeah we may look into that in the future", or "it is certainly on our radar", but that doesn't really say much.
    • Will the suggestions& feedback forum be looked at again? I feel like there are still plenty of good ideas in there. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the process for play-testing new characters before they are released?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nibby said:

For my questions:

1.) Can you please include a new way to fast select the player's favourite characters? For example I like to play with Shang Chi and Thor but don't want to "favourite" them for bonus shards. Thus, I need to scroll a lot to find my favourite characters. Maybe just add another favourite option that doesn't affect bonus shards.

You can save the team and just replace the character you want.
    You can even save a team of 2 characters if you select a 1* character and after that you sell it, then you will have a 2 team for to save.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know I already posted one, but that saved team one reminded me: is there a way to build a saved team such that we don’t have to save three characters and then sell one off to save a 2 character squad?
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Any thoughts on changing up PVE and removing the trivial nodes?  in the SCL set-up they are really unnecessary.

Also would love to see the token opening process streamlined - champ levels should be auto-applied and I don't need to see all those tokens opened.  Over and around the game there is way too many taps needed to do things that could be improved for our QoL.
    While I understand your perspective I personally like to know what I got when I open a  cover, perhaps auto-applying the received covers could be an option in settings or something?

As for the trivial nodes, I'd like to see them replaced with more difficult nodes worth more points rather than being entirely removed. Maybe a change just to SCL x and above, so newer players don't have their ability to progress messed up, but older players can get the full progression rewards of an event more easily on days where they don't have the time or inclination to put much time in? It would also reward the players who do want to fully play every node of an event, as they'd place higher in the rankings than the players who are just looking to get the progression rewards.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I currently have 1 5-star support, 1 of each (except for the stones), and over 1.2M Red ISO,

Will supports see an expansion from the current 54?
    Will higher level supports become easier to get OR will there an upgrade system (i.e. get 10 1-star to upgrade into a 2-star of the same, etc)?

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1) It’s been a while since we had a 5* vault not tied to a 5* release, I think the last one was Lunar New Year. Any plans for offering more of these, especially with the growth in the number of 5* characters? Is there a Fan Favorites coming soon?

2) there used to be quarterly or so surveys, the last one determined the next 4* character based on popular vote. Will these surveys continue? Will the results actually have an impact in game?
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for continuing this trend of community involvement with the game, it’s so nice to have this of communication around again.  

Would you consider revamping the champ rewards leveling system, especially for 5* seeing that it’s currently the “final” tier in the game? Receiving ISO or even a little bit of HP in addition to the more valuable command points and LL seems a bit underwhelming considering the amount of time and effort it takes to get to that point , especially on the back half (level 500+).  Would you consider adding quantities of generic 5* shards as stretch goals?  The incentives for “end game” players who are still active don’t feel significant, hence the “hoarding” strategy now accepted as best practices.  The feature of doling out 3/4 5* shards per 5* store pull is made totally irrelevant during hoarding because players have determined that they’d prefer to make one giant stride in their roster development over minute incremental gains, and for good reason.  

In addition, reward updates for daily resupply would also be welcome, as 2500 iso or a silver token as a loyalty based reward after 2-3000 days of playing seems incredibly underwhelming. 

That said, the current team has been very generous with the recent unexpected freebies. You are sowing a lot of good will and makes us feel that we are still appreciated after all these years. Props

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Is it purple, or is it actually pink?
    It's purple. 

As you can see, the pink tile exists, and is distinctly different from the game's purple tile. (EDIT: I have no idea why it's posting them in a column, it shows up as a single row in the post preview/editor, sorry about it randomly eating up a stupid amount of screen space)

As for the topic at hand, I've been busy and never really got to respond to the answers to the first Q&A, and really don't think we'll see a lot of meat to these until we get more settled in (you guys have a chance to do more stuff with the game, as well as us having more chance to play with whatever changes you make), but even so, it's SUPER awesome that this is even happening to begin with. This game has always had communication issues, even when both players and devs have been working hard to make it happen, so a regular Q&A is just, absolutely fantastic.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    What other games does the team enjoy and were there any that inspired your designs for MPQ?
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Is it purple, or is it actually pink?
    It's purple. 

As you can see, the pink tile exists, and is distinctly different from the game's purple tile. (EDIT: I have no idea why it's posting them in a column, it shows up as a single row in the post preview/editor, sorry about it randomly eating up a stupid amount of screen space)

Nightcrawler’s purple ability is also an easy way to find out what colour the tile is.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could you let us know which 5* characters will be featured together in the next bunch of special CP stores? 

I'm a professional hoarder and that information would be invaluable!

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What do you think about the following characters as possible additions at some point?

1. Cosmic Ghost Rider (Frank Castle)
    2. Venom (King in Black)
    3. The Beetle
    4. Kang the Conqueror 
    5. Annihilus 
    6. Captain Universe Spider-Man 
    7. Hobgoblin 
    8. Wong
    9. Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn)
    10. Baron Zemo
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What do you think about the following characters as possible additions at some point?

2. Venom (King in Black)
    3. The Beetle
    4. Kang the Conqueror 
    5. Annihilus 
    7. Hobgoblin 
    8. Wong
    10. Baron Zemo
    Your list is missing Omega Red.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I expect the forums will go into meltdown if we are lucky enough to get Omega Red.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expect the forums will go into meltdown if we are lucky enough to get Omega Red.
    He'll be a 4, and we'll hate his kit.
    #rememberBlackKnight
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dianetics said:

2. Venom (King in Black)
    3. The Beetle
    4. Kang the Conqueror 
    5. Annihilus 
    7. Hobgoblin 
    8. Wong
    10. Baron Zemo
    Your list is missing Omega Red.

Also missing Red Skull.
    Donno how Cap's primary villain is not in this game yet, especially since he showed up in the MCU.
This discussion has been closed.