About cheating (the other part of the story)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Yes, but those are bottom tier supports.

Out of all three R5 supports, one can only be equipped to Captain Marvel, the other Spider-man and last one Vanessa Fisk for villians. Vanessa Fisk support goes well with my Thanos and no one else.

The best supports are probably those aps gain at start of turn but I hardly use them. Even though those supports look good to you, but I use only 1-3 of them regularly for competitive purpose.

• hamsup_sotong
    hamsup_sotong Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    the supports don't stack up with the rest of your roster.. that's probably why you got reported I suppose.

that's a lot more 5* supports than a lot of vet rosters.

:D
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    I don't think it has to do with Supports because they said I was clearing pve too quickly. Those R5 Supports that I've are the equivalent of 5* Kingpin or 5* Bruce Banner. And I think all, if not 2/3 R5 came from Support Gauntlet Tokens.  As for R4, it's RNG. It's all luck. That's not within my control.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Shang as well to clear PVE fast.  I can usually make top 5 in SCL 9 if I have the 5e.  Can you explain your teams, boosts and methods?  I’m wondering if I can improve.  I’d be happy to share the way I do it as well.  

Also, I highly recommend clearing in an order that prioritizes points-per-minute.  That has helped my placement.  
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    It all sounds very upsetting. At least it's only your alt that got banned.

I suppose it has been helpful in testing what does and does not get caught. 
  • bbigler
    As for Shang being too good and needing a nerf…….certainly not!  He competes with the top meta but isn’t way better than them.  Sure, he can hit harder than them, but he also requires thinking, which means time, so it balances out.  But a 550 Shang is a monster and I say better than a 550 Okoye.  

Anyway, historically, the devs only nerf characters that are overused, like the pre-nerf Gambit & OML.  So Shang is safe.  From my observations, the most used characters are Colossus & Wanda in PVP and Okoye & IHulk in PVE.  But the devs would rather make new meta characters than nerf existing ones because players get angry about nerfs but love new metas.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    When I play in SCL 9, I get T5 as well. It's because at least 2 or 3 out of the 5 slices in the first bracket have players with 550 rosters. I think it's 550 Colossus or 550 Okoye/Apocalypse. Sometimes, I luck into a T1 though. So, I don't think what I use would be helpful in getting T1 in SCL 9. My advice is limited to only what I experience in the first bracket.

For SCL 9, I use SC and Valkyrie for pick 2.
    For pick-3, I use Melinda May, SC and Valkyrie or I use 5* Thor (5 in green),  SC and America Chavez.

I use damage and ap boost in SCL 10 though. My team setup is similar to the above. The difference is I spam damage boost and ap boosts in scl 10.

Edit: I tried your method of clearing but it didn't help in a significant way. By that I meant from T10 to T5 in scl 10. However, it might be helpful for those 550 rosters  who are outside of T10 though.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2022
    doing optimal pve clears is stressful enough without worrying about your account being banned for overperforming.  

I always suspected a different account with a gross name was doing some sort of cheating. They seemed to clear faster than their roster would permit normally. *redacted*

**Mod note: Accusing a player of cheating, even abbreviations, is strictly prohibited. - fight4thedream
  • bbigler
    When I play in SCL 9, I get T5 as well. It's because at least 2 or 3 out of the 5 slices in the first bracket have players with 550 rosters. I think it's 550 Colossus or 550 Okoye/Apocalypse. Sometimes, I luck into a T1 though. So, I don't think what I use would be helpful in getting T1 in SCL 9. My advice is limited to only what I experience in the first bracket.

For SCL 9, I use SC and Valkyrie for pick 2.
    For pick-3, I use Melinda May, SC and Valkyrie or I use 5* Thor (5 in green),  SC and America Chavez.

I use damage and ap boost in SCL 10 though. My team setup is similar to the above. The difference is I spam damage boost and ap boosts in scl 10.

Edit: I tried your method of clearing but it didn't help in a significant way. By that I meant from T10 to T5 in scl 10. However, it might be helpful for those 550 rosters  who are outside of T10 though.
    That’s similar to what I do:  

Easy Nodes = 3*Thanos & Shang

2* Node = Thanos & Shang

3* & 4* Nodes = Thanos & Shang for 3 clears
                     Then Valkyrie & Shang for 4 clears

5* Node = Valkyrie & Shang

Hard Nodes = Thanos, Polaris, Shang x 3
                   then Valkyrie, Polaris, Shang x 4

*My Polaris has a level 150 Taskmaster Sword, so she hits pretty hard by herself
    **Whenever I don’t use Valkyrie, I use AP boosts, but I should try using dmg boosts too
    ***My Shang has a level 250 Chewie which adds 1200 - 3600 in attack tiles each battle.  

I’m getting close to rank 120 and SCL 10.  I plan to do some kind of Shang winfinite on the Challenge node.  Maybe Shang + Valkyrie + Quake / Prof X / Sersi / Doc Ock / Rags / 3*Cyclops.  

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

I’m getting close to rank 120 and SCL 10.  I plan to do some kind of Shang winfinite on the Challenge node.  Maybe Shang + Valkyrie + Quake / Prof X / Sersi / Doc Ock / Rags / 3*Cyclops.  

Do you have BRB Champed?  If so, the absolute best winfinite team on the FU node in SCL 10 (IMHO) is BRB/Polaris/1*Juggs.  I can go into the mechanics of it but if you don't have BRB champed it obviously doesn't work.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    If you’re looking for a verdict in the court of public opinion, I’d love to take your side here, but seems key pieces of information are still missing:

1) someone asked what platform you play on but I don’t see that question having been answered
    2) you gave a rather vague answer when asked about your teams and setups. You were banned for getting t1 in SCL 10 but gave as evidence the teams you use in SCL 9 and then only said your setup was “similar” in SCL 10. This way of not answering the question is a bit fishy. I suspect you may be trying to protect what you see as the intellectual property of having figured out some new approach, but without it, it can be very difficult to form an opinion
    3) you mentioned several videos and livestream, if you could post them here for us to review that would be great
  • HoundofShadow
    CS has replied me and I've been found not guilty of cheating in-game, and they have unflagged my account.

As for helix72's questions,

I didn't see the question about what platform I used but I've always been using android.

I'm not sure how my team setup is vague. Even way before my account was flagged, I have stated in the forum a couple times that players can get T10 in SCL 10 if they are using SC and America Chavez as long as they are willing to spam boosts, and other t&c applies.

And I think you might have gotten the wrong person. My account was not flagged for getting T1, but getting T10.

There's nothing fishy about my team  setup. You can even find other variation of SC team in this thread.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77049/5-tier-list-for-pvp-and-pve#latest

I even posted in this thread two months ago about using SC + AC.

I understand some 550 Okoye players are sore about losing to a noob account with only one champed 5* SC. But the prowess and amount of damage that SC can deal over time is well known. 

Depending on how the top players take the losses to me, they could either take the defeat like a man or petition to get SC nerfed.  >:) 
  • bbigler
    bbigler said:

Do you have BRB Champed?  If so, the absolute best winfinite team on the FU node in SCL 10 (IMHO) is BRB/Polaris/1*Juggs.  I can go into the mechanics of it but if you don't have BRB champed it obviously doesn't work.
    BRB champed?  That’s funny.  I’m on Day 179 here and I’m lucky just to have BRB rostered.  Besides, that doesn’t sound like a very fast winfinite anyway.  Shang winfinites work best against high level enemies where he can get up to 10 combo points and 1-shot those 650’s.  

I’m thinking the battle would go like this: get the winfinite rolling on your 2nd or 3rd turn, prioritize building up combo points using mostly red while leaving some purple on the board.  By the time he has 10 combo points, the first 650 should be down.  Then simply do critical charged tile hits on purple, which pays for itself.  The other 2 enemies should be down in seconds.  
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    You don't need to go winfinite to take down enemies in CN nodes. SC + AC + Valkyrie/Rogue/Karnak + boosts should take care of most of them. But I've to say that I don't play SCL 10 often so I can't remember who the enemies are in CN. There're probably some scl 10 pves that I missed out playing.

As a reference, it takes me approximate 70-80 seconds per clear for CN.

And I started an alt account to support the dev because I also wanted to keep my main 100% f2p.
  • SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations on getting your account back and good for you getting ranks with a 450 SC. But let's not get carried away with the nerf and the measuring.

"4) can schedule your life around the timing"

That's majority of the battle in PVE. 
    It's 2022; If the discussion still about Okoye having an edge on PVE, I'm sorry either you don't have the right character or you're not very good with them. Good to see another character added to the list.
  • HoundofShadow
    I won't be surprised if they (all top alliances from all slices) get together and pressure the dev to nerf SC. Hitting the dev in the wallet to change their mind has worked before.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    I won't be surprised if they (all top alliances from all slices) get together and pressure the dev to nerf SC. Hitting the dev in the wallet to change their mind has worked before.

I don't see it that way. If any character is good, the player-base will use in game resources or their wallet for it. If anything, I think the game lacks good new character, which leading to limited spending and full hoard mode in game.
  • bbigler
    You don't need to go winfinite to take down enemies in CN nodes. SC + AC + Valkyrie/Rogue/Karnak + boosts should take care of most of them. But I've to say that I don't play SCL 10 often so I can't remember who the enemies are in CN. There're probably some scl 10 pves that I missed out playing.

As a reference, it takes me approximate 70-80 seconds per clear for CN.

And I started an alt account to support the dev because I also wanted to keep my main 100% f2p.
    I don’t like using Chavez with Shang because she forces you to match her random criticals (which is probably not the match you want to do) 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    bbigler said: 

I’m thinking the battle would go like this: get the winfinite rolling on your 2nd or 3rd turn, prioritize building up combo points using mostly red while leaving some purple on the board.  By the time he has 10 combo points, the first 650 should be down.  Then simply do critical charged tile hits on purple, which pays for itself.  The other 2 enemies should be down in seconds.  
    Would I be correct, then, that you actually haven't done all of the SCL10 CN nodes?  Don't minimize BRB/Pol/1Jugg until you do.  Not all of them are straightforward and within 2/3 turns your entire team (including a champed SC) could be gone if the board is not good.  Sometimes it's nice to be slow and steady but guarantee a win on that 5th try of SCL10 CN.