About cheating (the other part of the story)

Comments

• hamsup_sotong
    hamsup_sotong Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I think you guys are blowing it up way out of proportion here.

Most top pve players don't pay attention to anything below t5 tbh.

Once in a while when a decent player outperforms his roster, then maybe we have a look.

Many of us have been around long enough to know when a roster looks suspect.

CS works it out Invariably.There is no such witch hunt.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    I think you guys are blowing it up way out of proportion here.

Once in a while when a decent player outperforms his roster, then maybe we have a look.

Many of us have been around long enough to know when a roster looks suspect.

CS works it out Invariably.There is no such witch hunt.
    Bolded for truth.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    In regards to the auto-flag, it is likely it may have been triggered by you breaking a particular speed parameter for your roster level rather than your final score for an event. This is speculation on my part, but if I remember correctly they had to adjust the speed parameters for auto-banning when 5* Thanos was released since a few players were getting auto-banned using him. 

It is possible they still haven't fully taken into account how fast a low-level roster sporting a team built to maximize the potential of a champed Shang-Chi is. Your case is probably a valuable data point and they will hopefully adjust the speed parameters to take a champed Shang-Chi into account.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Funny you mentioned about T5 because my alt just finished T5 in Thick as Thieves.  :D

I'm not one for conspiracy theory but last year there was a thread about cheating (albeit related to speed hack) and there were 550(?) players giving their povs about how they detect/suspect cheaters. I've gone through the entire thread and will link those relevant posts instead of posting their entire replies here, if not, my post will get too lengthy.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/949213/#Comment_949213

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/949360/#Comment_949360

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/949397/#Comment_949397

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/949486/#Comment_949486

Given the above viewpoints on how 550 players infer or deduce who cheated or not, the probability of them (not saying Rockett flagged my account) flagging my account is very high: a player with only a single champed 5* (450 SC) beat 550 rosters in T10 placement.

There's a possibility that my alt was auto flagged by the system. But if the above viewpoints are shared by 550 rosters, any one of those 550 rosters (even outside of T10) who checked the leaderboard would have flagged my rosters. And I do hop around slices. 

Anyway, at least new players who want to have a shot at T10 wouldn't need to get 550 or whatever levelled. Okoye/Apocalypse now.

Edit: my clearing speed is ~22-25 minutes, so I don't think this is too fast and I had this clearing speed (except for pve with multiple wave nodes) since weeks ago whenever I play SCL 10. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, to summarize:
    -A top players can effectively denounce or not because of B
    -B there is an autoflag which bans players beyond standar times
    -C houndofshadow revealed his alt account and almost his main one(oops now you will get a mail from pissed off players accusing you of sniping them, like me)

I still don't get B. A year ago top players were complaining about denouncing cheaters and CS don't banning them. Would that mean that auto flag system would be a recent addittion?
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited April 2022
    it sounds like you got auto flagged. It happens. For pve speed that seems unrealistic to them. Other things like pulling too much cp at once. Or selling too many toons from your roster in a row. I don’t pull a lot of cp anymore without telling CS first I’m about to. 

What they don’t seem to do is box people based on another player reporting them or we’d all have been boxed by now. They aren’t even that quick to box the brand new steam accounts that show up with immediate 550s on a weekend anymore. 

Plenty of people primarily using Shang for pve have been placing well for months. Variety is a good thing for the game. Glad you got it taken of care of quickly. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that certain posters who rarely post turned up on this thread with clear knowledge of Hound's alt account (to the extent of how many Supports it had) suggests they knew exactly why and how it got flagged.  :)
  • nycjonny
    DAZ0273 said:
    The fact that certain posters who rarely post turned up on this thread with clear knowledge of Hound's alt account (to the extent of how many Supports it had) suggests they knew exactly why and how it got flagged.  :)
    No but he just told everyone his slice and placement in this thread. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Hey nycjonny  :D

By placing well, I suppose you meant T10 or T5 using 450 SC?

If it's autoflagged, their system must be really slow. I've been playing at that speed whenever I'm in SCL 10, unless I don't have the required 5*. I think I might have figured out how their flagging works.

Since some other poster already guessed my account correctly, so it doesn't make sense to hide the slice anymore. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022

This is the big problem, throughout the game. The hacks 'can' get away with quite a bit....if they don't do it super-stupid like, as long as they don't 'rock the boat' and grab placement where/when they shouldn't. And if they get to big/strong rosters....well, then they're home free, of course they 'can' do what they're doing all the time!

I call out folks all the time in Sim and LR's (obvious hacks are obvious) - where no one would be going +all Every Single Match like they very obviously do (or, you know....other methods). It's the same as in PVE - you can tell who, and you can tell where, and you can tell when, if you're looking for it. In all portions of the game.

Gosh, how I'd like to drop a link where they advertise a certain product as "Anti Ban", but that would be against forum rules. Let's just say that product is also against the TOS rules, but somehow is advertising itself as "Legal" and "It’s compatible with all devices."

It's almost like with statements like that, the product would start to see wider use. Huh! Weird. 'Weird.'

Oh, hey! Look at that smart poster. Let's dive into what they are saying.

"Things that should effect PVE placement:
    4) Supports - need the right specific supports
    We can argue about 'how' people got #3 and #4, and  I do. RNG should be RNG, anyone that has been able to 'modify' that and beat others for ages with those modifications is as complicit in cheating as any other method.
    Fair is fair - everything that anyone should do, everyone should be able to do. Anything that is locked off for some, should be locked off for all."

It sounds to me like that forum user seems to be thinking there is Some Way that people have manipulated their pulls and claimed them to be legitimate! If only there was some way to know what this person was talking about.

*redacted*

The world may never know.

**Mod note: Removed inappropriate content. -fight4thedream
  • nycjonny
    Hey nycjonny  :D

By placing well, I suppose you meant T10 or T5 using 450 SC?

Yeah I've seen some people do very well with Shang. Both T5 and T10. He's fun to use. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    SnowcaTT's redacted message was really cryptic. Too bad I didn't screenshot that message because I've no idea what he was writing and I wanted to figure out what it meant at a later time. 

Anyway, it's been an interesting experience getting flagged, and I managed to lure quite a number of 550 players out with this thread.  I guess the topic title must be eye catching to them. :D

• DAZ0273
    nycjonny said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    So what made you, nycjonny of 30 something posts suddenly drop by? Lol!
  • nycjonny
    DAZ0273 said:
    nycjonny said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why not? I was sent the thread and found it interesting. I just don’t think that there was a conspiracy here. As I know far too many that have been boxed and reinstated over similarly random things. I still read the forums but if I don’t have something to add to a discussion I don’t post. Not really much else going on here. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    nycjonny said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I would think many long term and new players read the forum threads but don't post regularly.

What is the amount of posts someone should have to reply in this particular thread?  If I don't qualify for that threshold to ask that question, please accept my apologies!
  • hamsup_sotong
    hamsup_sotong Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    hounds alt was of interest. Naturally word passes round with regards to his roster etc.

What amuses me Is this 550 thingy. Having 550s just means you've been playing longer or have spent a fair bit. There's no God given right to place just because you have 550s.

Just like people who post rarely  can post anywhere they want. If the article is interesting, people will post. Simples.
  • DAZ0273
    That's cool and of course I agree with both your and nycjonny on the posting thing, obviously it also raises interest when certain posters pop up here because they have a past of agendas (not yourself or Jonny). The only real mystery left is why Hound doesn't want anybody knowing his IGN?!?!?!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    nycjonny said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I would think many long term and new players read the forum threads but don't post regularly.

What is the amount of posts someone should have to reply in this particular thread?  If I don't qualify for that threshold to ask that question, please accept my apologies!

Thanks for the apologies but no longer needed! I just noted that with this very post that you actually earned your "I don't have to justify to you how often I post here you Donut" badge! It is in the mail! Please enjoy your unrestricted but within the rules posting or no posting privileges!
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    Why the hell would anyone want to do it all twice with an alt account is the most baffling question to me. Then spend money on it. They should ban you for your own health and well being!
    This was my first thought, as well. Moreover, how does one play two accounts, placing top10 in SCL10 on both, when you need to play at very specific times to do that?

No accusations here, just genuine curiosity. I'm imagining savants out there holding a phone in each hand playing on different accounts at the same time.

Just the idea of doing runs twice a day gives me a headache.

Having finished reading through the thread, I have other concerns though. Hound has made accusations, and been given more likely options for his ban, but seems to want to ignore it in favor of some conspiracy to get him banned. 

This thread reads like a flat earther denying evidence of the globe while repeatedly stating why he thinks the earth must be flat.

Hound, you got banned for a bit, then it got worked out. You've spent a lot of time here accusing people with no proof... Of accusing you with no proof.

I'm sure it sucks to get banned, but I don't see anything leading me to believe the top alliances got together to troll you because you're just too good at using the best character in the game.

I'm not flaming you, just suggesting you take another look at things and try to be rational.

Or, maybe I'm missing something and the world really is as flat as Reed Richards sliding under a door.

Anyway, I hope I get banned for clearing too fast one day... Because everything after that will be cake.  (Because once you're cleared, you still have that super fast team you can use. #brightside)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was my first thought, as well. Moreover, how does one play two accounts, placing top10 in SCL10 on both, when you need to play at very specific times to do that?

No accusations here, just genuine curiosity. I'm imagining savants out there holding a phone in each hand playing on different accounts at the same time.

Just the idea of doing runs twice a day gives me a headache.

My guess is genuine love for the game.
    And if the game doesn't give you extra content for all the time you'd like to play then there are other options.
    There is another player who enjoys restarting another time, though.
    I'm not sure if I'd enjoy restarting again but of course now I know a lot of things for making progress at high speed.
    And playing another alt account? Sounds fun but I'd had to choose to play one more than the other.