About cheating (the other part of the story)

Comments

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Using another alternate account reduces the boredom from the primary account in case if the game stalls a bit for u I have enjoyed using three stars again after a fresh restart from nee account but having to balance life around two accounts is difficult u have to slow down in one account atleast else it s tough 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    mani82 said:
    Using another alternate account reduces the boredom from the primary account in case if the game stalls a bit for u I have enjoyed using three stars again after a fresh restart from nee account but having to balance life around two accounts is difficult u have to slow down in one account atleast else it s tough 
    What you're saying makes sense, but the OP is talking about top10 SCL10 on multiple accounts. I think it's the stress and time commitment of that that's getting me.
  • Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Hound, what build do you suggest for Shang Chi to achieve speed? I've practiced using him, but have not been able to get up to the super speeds some players are getting.
  • mani82
    mani82 Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    True black stone it is very difficult to balance life and two accounts having to be played optimally to get top ten scl pve ,only hound will have to enlighten us if his wife or a friend is helping out lol 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    mani82 said:
    True black stone it is very difficult to balance life and two accounts having to be played optimally to get top ten scl pve ,only hound will have to enlighten us if his wife or a friend is helping out lol 
    LoL. Imagining my wife playing for me. She takes ten minutes to make each match on her game so she knows she's making the best match possible.

I love her though.

Anyway, thanks for the mental image. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you make MPQ your full time job then sure, you can build 2 accounts simultaneously, but 1 account is too much of a time commitment for me
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I don’t know what the alt account means , but that itself sounds like cheating . 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Alt account means second account. And I have only one main and one alt.

As for having two accounts, the main reason is because I want to support the dev but I want to maintain my account 100% F2P. It's weird but it was a challenge set when I first started playing. Back then in late 2017, players were saying it's impossible to catch up without spending a lot of money or time. So, I thought, why not challenge myself and see if it's true. In the beginning, you need more time. Once you start playing competitively, the time taken reduces dramatically. Depending on scl, it can be between 18 to 28 minutes (wave nodes). 

As for being able to play with two accounts during specific timing, I'm still working from home. And I didn't play my alt for about one month and just started playing again in late January this year.

I think it's the adrenaline playing for speed gives me. It's exciting. We are talking about David(baby champed roster) vs Goliath (550 roster) situation here. My build for SC is 3/5/5.

As for accusing top alliances, I guess I used the wrong terms. I should have say players with high level characters. Somehow, I associate 550/5XX rosters with top alliances. Anyway, it was based on probability. Players with high levelled characters have publicly stated (last year) in the forum how they determine cheaters. Generally speaking, their belief is that baby champed roster should not be beating 550 roster in terms of speed (unless they have revised their criteria after March 2021). And my alt account has placed T10 a few times (I think) before it got flagged.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited April 2022
    @HoundofShadow

Can you post a video of you clearing a CN node so we can see an example of this speed?  I am all for cheering you on so I would love to see this in action.

There's a reason why many consistent t1-10 pve players don't ever share recorded video of their clears/grinds.  It's cause the moment they have to show their boost screen and it shows 291824737 full ap boosts, they're caught.  

The cheaters who use these infinite resources must be super aggravated, which makes this whole situation quite delightful. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    JRYUART said:

There's a reason why many consistent t1-10 pve players don't ever share recorded video of their clears/grinds.  It's cause the moment they have to show their boost screen and it shows 291824737 full ap boosts, they're caught.  

The cheaters who use these infinite resources must be super aggravated, which makes this whole situation quite delightful. 

He sent the video to devs and they cleared him.
    I wouldn't post any videos showing how I do it, personally. It's like a mage revealing his tricks. After that there would be hundreds of players copying it.
    And possibly that wouldn't help SC. 

• bbigler
    I came across a better pve clearing order and I didn’t mind sharing it with everyone - even if it potentially hurts my own pve ranking.  Why can’t information be free among friends?  Unless you consider some people in this forum your enemy.  

When businesses or countries compete, then I see the value of safeguarding proprietary information.  But this is a game, not a real war.  
  • HoundofShadow
    Next time when I jump into SCL 10 again, which is likely to be in May, I'll take video.  
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Next time when I jump into SCL 10 again, which is likely to be in May, I'll take video.  
    If you’re getting such reliable great placement in CL10 why take weeks off all of a sudden? O_o
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you’re getting such reliable great placement in CL10 why take weeks off all of a sudden? O_o

Because it's not his main account, it's an alt account. So presumably he is only playing it occasionally since MPQ already takes a couple hours a day for 1 account.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    I mentioned before, probably months or many weeks ago, that I seldom play SCL 10. So, it's not that I'm taking weeks off, but I'm back to my usual scl 9.

T1/T5 in scl 9 > T10 in scl 10. I go up to scl 10 when I need to get some specific 5* shards.

Edit: it's about ~100 minutes for pves clears and grinds for both, and about 40-70 minutes for pvps for both accounts. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    @HoundofShadow what do you mean by “spam boosts”?

I expect its pretty common for the fastest players to start each match fully boosted, including rainbow-AP boosts. So the only thing I can think of on top of that is rainbow damage boost - and I’m not sure how that works with Shang’s match damage increase. 

I’m usually not willing myself to boost rainbow damage because it costs a lot of HP. But when Colossus is boosted, and I absolutely positively need the CN to melt, that’s when it shines (for me). 
    Are you using this every match?
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm using this and damage boost almost every match, except for easy nodes. 

I don't use rainbow damage boost every time even though it can shave my time by ~10-15 seconds. I usually use them when I screw up my grinds.
  • HoundofShadow
    I chose the wrong slice and got into scl 10. There goes my LT and 4 x Black Knight covers. 

The first CN consists of Taskmaster and 2 goons. I don't think this node is interesting. If you still want to see it, I'll make a video tomorrow.
  • bbigler
    abenness said:
    @HoundofShadow what do you mean by “spam boosts”?

I expect its pretty common for the fastest players to start each match fully boosted, including rainbow-AP boosts. So the only thing I can think of on top of that is rainbow damage boost - and I’m not sure how that works with Shang’s match damage increase. 

I’m usually not willing myself to boost rainbow damage because it costs a lot of HP. But when Colossus is boosted, and I absolutely positively need the CN to melt, that’s when it shines (for me). 
    Are you using this every match?
    @abenness Hey! I didn’t know you were still playing.  I imagine you have a pretty beefy roster by now.  Anyway, regarding Shang….

The boosts take effect after Shang’s match dmg increases and they certainly speed up the battle.  I also don’t want to burn HP buying all color AP & Match Dmg boosts.  So, when using Valkyrie, I would spend ISO buying the Red/Yellow and Blue/Purple match dmg boosts and the Blue/Purple AP boost.  

When using Chavez, I would buy the Critical dmg boost along with the AP boosts for Red/Yellow and Blue/Purple.  If you have the all color boosts available, then use those (unless you save them for PVP shield hops like me).  

But if you max boost dmg to 50% you would need to buy and set those boosts after every battle, which takes time, maybe 5 seconds or more.  You could boost to 30%, then it defaults to 20% for the next battle; that way you only buy boosts every other battle.  Either way, I would consider the time saved vs the time spent.  
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor
    Since it seems more and more like OP only got auto flagged.  I think he owes all the top10 players an apology for unfairly accusing them of things that were not true.  All the ranting, question dodging, and paranoid conspiracy theories are getting ridiculous.