What's New MPQ - Updated 11/22/21

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    We were never explicitly given a reason, but a 7-day event has not been run since 5* shards were added to SCL10 progression. We all suspect it is because the previous practice of doubling the rewards would then result in having to give out a whole 5* cover worth of shards should they run one. Many players have suggested using it for the release run of a new 5* and give out shards for the featured 5 as normal as well as half a cover for the new release, but that either hasn't been well received or hasn't made its way up the chain to the dev team.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,634 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because it was the first PvE to introduce wave nodes, they hadn't quite figured out how to do them yet.  There's one with like 8 waves or something.

Also it was very unpopular throughout the years because it locked out Wolverine for half of it and historically, multiple versions of Wolverine have been the best character in the game.  (I think they actually changed the lockout though, somewhere around the time they decided to make all Wolverines totally worthless)

Mostly though, players hate 7 day PvEs, and I think there's some issue with the reward structure in CL10 that they couldn't be bothered to fix. 

It's win-win, unless you love 12-wave ninja fights.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think there is a Sentry based 7-day event that used to run as well? There were a few novel events like that that haven't come back. Sakaar Arena is one that for some reason I feel a lot of nostalgia even though it's just a 4-day block of nonstop lightning rounds that I'm sure I wouldn't be able to be bothered to play if it ran again lol
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because it was the first PvE to introduce wave nodes, they hadn't quite figured out how to do them yet.  There's one with like 8 waves or something.

Also it was very unpopular throughout the years because it locked out Wolverine for half of it and historically, multiple versions of Wolverine have been the best character in the game.  (I think they actually changed the lockout though, somewhere around the time they decided to make all Wolverines totally worthless)

Mostly though, players hate 7 day PvEs, and I think there's some issue with the reward structure in CL10 that they couldn't be bothered to fix. 

It's win-win, unless you love 12-wave ninja fights.
    I played through the prologue with a roster supported by 2* Wolverine. It was awesome. The first PvE I played when I finished the prologue... was Enemy of the State.
  • entrailbucket
    I think there is a Sentry based 7-day event that used to run as well? There were a few novel events like that that haven't come back. Sakaar Arena is one that for some reason I feel a lot of nostalgia even though it's just a 4-day block of nonstop lightning rounds that I'm sure I wouldn't be able to be bothered to play if it ran again lol
    There was a Sentry event, yeah, Prodigal Sun.  There was also the Hulk event (I think it was just called The Hulk) and the event that introduced Punisher (I can't remember what it was called now but it wasn't Punisher).

When they normalized PvE into the current structure (3/3/4 easy/hard/essential) there were a few that they just didn't update.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like if they already have the shells of defunct events it'd be less effort to retro-fit some "new" events out of them than to design entirely new ones, not that I don't wish we could also have some of those. The bulk of the day-to-day operations of this game run in a cycle so I am forced to wonder what actually happens behind the scenes other than new character design. I recall seeing like 20+ people on the team the last time they showed up "in person", were they all support?

(no knocks on the support team, they've been lovely and fast in my few dealings)
  • entrailbucket
    Character design takes more work than you think.  Remember someone has to do all the art and the animations too, even though we all have them turned off.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Character design takes more work than you think.  Remember someone has to do all the art and the animations too, even though we all have them turned off.
    hahahahahahhahahaha
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Truth

Hahaha
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dang it , we go from an annoying 5 star wanda pvp event to boosted Wanda for a week.......

Oh joy ......... 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    I don’t , I really love the art and animations during the game it’s one of the best parts and I appreciate the effort in their design .
       We have a 50 year Marvel library 1963-2012 , ( I didn’t buy them) and there is no Echo in it so I have no clue to this character. It will be interesting to learn about them  yet disappointing another obscure character is again being chosen over the plethora of classics still ignored ( Yes I’m aware of the argument why they are ).
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    There was a Sentry event, yeah, Prodigal Sun.  There was also the Hulk event (I think it was just called The Hulk) and the event that introduced Punisher (I can't remember what it was called now but it wasn't Punisher).

When they normalized PvE into the current structure (3/3/4 easy/hard/essential) there were a few that they just didn't update.
    There were 4 7-day events but I never got a chance to play them in SCL 10 ( Hulk, ISO, Prodigal, Enemy State). I was looking forward to seeing the CNs in those PvE. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2021
    I don’t , I really love the art and animations during the game it’s one of the best parts and I appreciate the effort in their design .
       We have a 50 year Marvel library 1963-2012 , ( I didn’t buy them) and there is no Echo in it so I have no clue to this character. It will be interesting to learn about them  yet disappointing another obscure character is again being chosen over the plethora of classics still ignored ( Yes I’m aware of the argument why they are ).

She's from David Mack's run on Daredevil, visually my favorite of all DD stories I've read. I think Joe Quesada co-wrote it then and Bendis followed? Her character hasn't been handled very well afterwards imo but she's been an Avenger for two universe-changing developments now, so I think there's at least a lot of editorial goodwill behind her. As to the why now, she's another Disney+ tie-in.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Echo used the Ronin identity before Hawkeye did in the comic books and is going to be in both the Hawkeye TV series and her own spin-off. Considering her ties to Kingpin in the comic books (she is rasied by him after he kills her father) there is some talk about her series being a springboard for introducing the Netflix show characters into the MCU.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

There were 4 7-day events but I never got a chance to play them in SCL 10 ( Hulk, ISO, Prodigal, Enemy State). I was looking forward to seeing the CNs in those PvE. 
    I'm fairly confident they were never run since SCL10 was introduced.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    We're getting another shortened season. 30 wins in Shield Sim for Blob, 4000 points overall for season.

I presume it's because they're preparing a Mariah Carey Christmas season.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're getting another shortened season. 30 wins in Shield Sim for Blob, 4000 points overall for season.

Oh thank god!  I’m love the shorter sim seasons.  2000 points is a real slog.   I thinks it’s technically only 800 points in scl10.  What great is that still use the normal 2000 points as the k factor,  so the 800 points season plays so much faster.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Phumade said:

Oh thank god!  I’m love the shorter sim seasons.  2000 points is a real slog.   I thinks it’s technically only 800 points in scl10.  What great is that still use the normal 2000 points as the k factor,  so the 800 points season plays so much faster.  
    True, the only disappointment for me was Blob again . Silver lining a Sinister cover probably later this month 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Instead of blob again why not go back to the ones they skipped.