What's New MPQ - Updated 11/22/21

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once upon a time it was also common in this game for a second batch of characters to coincide with a DVD or Blu-Ray release after the theatrical run had ended too. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I suppose she will have ability that replaces tiles with other stuffs to show that she can manipulate matters, living or dead. Give her some true healing and maybe synergy with Ikaris, like turn Ikaris into a 5* temporarily. 

Do you want to know a power that could be funny in the game? The ability to put in front the ally wanted for x turns, including the one who puts them. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    Change is good sounds like a shapeshifter to me. Is there one among the Eternals?
    Sersi is a matter manipulator.
    This.  
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The release will also be just before Hawkeye is released. Maybe the clue relates to the person known as Hawkeye changing from Clint to Kate and we are getting a 5* Kate Bishop.
    Hit-Monkey also starts then, but it’s not going to be him.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really enjoyed that disney + series where Beta Ray Bill teams up with Bishop and they destroy the whole MCU myself. 

Also that time Shadowcat and Rocket had all those adventures together.
    What's really funny is that when they try to force synergy between characters that work together in movies/comics, it's always weird and ineffective. 

Nobody ever ran 4* Iron Fist and Luke Cage together, and they ended up mostly undoing the Civil War team synergies from 5* Cap and Iron Man.  I can't think of too many of those they actually got right.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Rocket + a Gaurdian is good, just outclassed by Rocket + Kitty.

Kitty + X-Man is good, I’m confident it was intended to be OML at the time, but outclassed by rocket’s starting strikes.

Profe$$or X + X-Men is good, but ultimately non-material

i think Apocalypse + Mutant is probably the best in practice
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Traditionally, it has always been 1 4* and 1 5* for movie tie-in back to back. The reason why it seems out of place is due to Covid-19 messing all the movie release schedules.

Black Widow had Red Guardian and Yelena but due to Covid-19, the releases were months apart.

Antman had 5* Wasp and 4* Ghost. 
    Spider-Verse: 5* Kingpin and 4* Spider-Ham. 

Infinity War and Endgame actually had at least 3 tie-ins. 

Without Covid-19, back to back tie-in is the norm.
    And Shang Chi has himself :(
    At least he's the best of the bunch so far :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Talking about Omega Red, I read a rumour stating that he will be the villian in Falcon and Winter Soldier. It turned out that not even his silhouette can be found. MCOC has Omega Red and he's pretty good in there. I can't wait for him to be in MPQ.

That was definitely the rumor going into Season 1 of Flaptain & Bucky. bummer it didn't amount to anything, that would have been a fun show to do it. I guess there's always season 2 - would be great to add Red Guardian into the mix as well.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also that time Shadowcat and Rocket had all those adventures together.
    Well actually this one did happen...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I actually remembered Kitty married Star Lord for awhile. Didn't she eventually become a Star Lord herself?
  • trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    And Shang Chi has himself :(

Wouldn't mind getting a 4* Awkwafina.
    Only if it is just Awkwafina, and not her character from the movie. This is the only way. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's true. Shang Chi has only one release, which is out of norm. I'm not sure if the delay in China or Disney Plus Day has to do with only one character released for Shang Chi so far.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too obvious a clue if it’s a former villain now hero (good), such as a 5* Venom matching the movie release.  They’re never that easy 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Neko said:

11/3 *NEW*
    • 4-Star Featuring: Lockjaw, Karolina Dean, Nico Minoru, Maria Hill, Nova
    • 3-Star Featuring: Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Squirrel Girl, Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men), Black Panther (T'Challa), Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
    • Crash: Luke Cage (Power Man)
    11/8 *NEW*
    • 4-Star Featuring: Ant-Man, Kraven the Hunter, Talos, Miles Morales, The Hydra Stomper
    • 3-Star Featuring: Kamala Khan, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Vision, Bullseye (Classic)
    • Crash: Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Two quick questions.  Fury popped up today in the Crash, so I assume Cage was just a typing error?

Second, does going straight to the original 4* Eddie Venom mean we're skipping Anti-Venom this cycle?
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Two quick questions.  Fury popped up today in the Crash, so I assume Cage was just a typing error?

Second, does going straight to the original 4* Eddie Venom mean we're skipping Anti-Venom this cycle?

I really don't understand the order we follow... seems like they should have slotted in the last year's new characters at anniversary, though it's possible they did and AV will follow. I think when it's working through "classic" it goes by release order. I had thought non-new 5e went alphabetical by main name but we're going from Hawkeye to Starlord so obviously it's not that or sub-name. Is it release order?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

I really don't understand the order we follow... seems like they should have slotted in the last year's new characters at anniversary, though it's possible they did and AV will follow. I think when it's working through "classic" it goes by release order. I had thought non-new 5e went alphabetical by main name but we're going from Hawkeye to Starlord so obviously it's not that or sub-name. Is it release order?
    I don’t know how the cycle is based I just know it is consistent.  Barring any new characters added from 2021 the next two classics due are Daredevil and Doctor Octopus 🐙 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I don’t know how the cycle is based I just know it is consistent.  Barring any new characters added from 2021 the next two classics due are Daredevil and Doctor Octopus 🐙 

I don't doubt that you're right, but we have PVP following alphabetical order while PVE does whatever it's doing... sometimes it feels like our game is specifically afraid of consistency, lol.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Ack! Deadpool Daily! And Quests! No longer in sync! This is the minor inconvenience that I won’t notice next week that kills me. Oh the humanity! A good reminder that I should change my clocks so thanks for that.