Devs, stop releasing dead-on-arrival 5s !!! What is the point of releasing mediocre chars?!?!?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JRYUART said:

We, as a player base, should consider looking broader and stop focusing on the characters.  We should be requesting new modes where we can utilize our existing rosters more broadly.  As it stands, it seems like we have been playing Mario Kart and gunning for winning new karts with marginal improvements, but still driving around the same tracks over and over again for years.  The game shouldn't be mainly about the characters.  It should be about what new ways can we use the characters we have acquired.  
    I'd love that. And so many times I suggested new modes, new pves or new waves alliance modes.
    However there are many problems.
    The "democracy" of all modes: it seems devs don't want to implement levels of difficulty for to satisfy all types of players. So advanced players find it easy, and beginners find it pretty hard. And this fault drives us to the next one:
    The hunger for rewards: beginners find it is too much effort for poor rewards, advanced players feel they are losing too much time.
    An example of that is Puzzle Gauntlet, so many times people complained for being too easy, for being too hard, for being too tricky, for not gaining 5* supports, etc...
    Imo the solution for this problem needs a change of mentality on devs and players: devs should enable difficulty for all rosters without a massive increase of rewards, and players should just play and enjoy the new content and see the rewards as a simple gift, and not taking out the calculator for to figure out mathematically how much time per reward is involved in that event.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am not convinced that Ultron is bad. I think he is mediocre on his own. Better than some, but not nearly as good as others. I think he will be pretty decent if he turns out to synergize well with another character or two (other than Polaris). He might be useful in some weird Puzzle Gauntlet later. If devs decide to release some sort of support for him, maybe in the form of his sentry bots, he might be even better. There's always hope as long as he isn't at the bottom of the curve. Consider how many previously outraged players are now saying Sighclops paired with X is a decent combo.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Part of the problem is that the kit on these non meta 5-stars is so much worse than what we've seen on the 4-stars over time. Granted, nobody wants to see a 5-star version of Polaris, but compare the 3/4/5 star versions of Captain Marvel, DocOc, or Wasp. You don't have to have a meta 5-star to be usable. I routinely use Onslaught, ProfX, and Dr. Strange as support characters because they have interesting powers that have synergy with my meta characters. Most of my 5-star champs never see the light of day. There was a time, when the Devs had committed to reworking a number of older characters, but that effort seemed to have died off.

I only just champed Okoye earlier this year. This last event was my first experience with a level 562 Okoye (boosted).  I can see why players run her up to 550, and how much easier it would make my grind than throwing those resources at the latest legends.  My champed Knull was a real disappointment. Interesting kit, but even recently boosted, his damage output was underwhelming.  I just don't see burning my limited resources chasing new 5 stars that I'm not likely to use.  

YMMV