Break the hoard or not ?

Options

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ll be pulling as I just want someone different to play with in any format tbh
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well... here we are, and I still can't decide...
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinda interested in championing Wanda. Looks like a good third for ThorOkoye or Apoc/Thor. Colossus or Ronan the better 5 star? Neither seems particularly useful.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    Kinda interested in championing Wanda. Looks like a good third for ThorOkoye or Apoc/Thor. Colossus or Ronan the better 5 star? Neither seems particularly useful.
    I actually ran Col/5SW/Apoc in Balance of Power and it was fantastic.  Not sure if I would have Ronan in there if I had him.  Personally, I think Col > Ronan but it could be my style of play.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    I would go with Colossus. He's a mutant so he can give stun immunity to Apoc and he has a cheap black nuke. You toss him in with Switch and Apoc and you can have Switch make blacks for Colossus or reds for Apoc. Ronan has a solid nuke too but only every three turns so it doesn't seem that great to me, not to mention that it's random so you might nuke someone that you don't want to like an enemy that's almost dead instead of one that is a much bigger threat.
  • nousernamehere
    nousernamehere Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well guys, as @skittledaddy said, here we are…

Ronan seems disappointing ; Colossus looks miles better compared to him.
    So, I have 2 choices here : 

1. Break the hoard on Colossus/Wanda/Knull
    2. Wait for a whole new set, but I would be missing two fairly useful 5*.

I have 155LL and 4400CP, so I would need to spend everything for this trio.
    But if I wait for a whole new set, I can hoard LL to 300, and CP to 8000 in order to break two hoards : one on a new LL trio, and the other one on the Fan Favorites store in October. 

What do you think guys ? Have you broken your hoard for this trio or will you wait ?
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

But if I wait for a whole new set, I can hoard LL to 300, and CP to 8000 in order to break two hoards : one on a new LL trio, and the other one on the Fan Favorites store in October. 

What do you think guys ? Have you broken your hoard for this trio or will you wait ?
    I think it would be worth it  if you play a lot of 5* PVP. That is where these chars will shine the most.

That's why I was so torn. I am primarily a 4* PVE player. I also play PVP, but I don't see a lot of opponents that this trio counters best (namely Hulkoye) because I am still in 4* MMR.

If 5* PVP isn't your strength, then I would wait and CASH IN on that FanFave store during the Anniversary. Especially since you would have to exhaust your CP hoard, too. As opposed to only LLTs.

Full disclosure, because my hoard was over 400 LLTs, I did start pulling my hoard, but 82 pulls into it I brought a 1/1/1 Colossus to 5/6/2 (with 400 shards), so he is effectively done.
    Seeing my pulls were so Colossus-heavy, I'm planning to wait until he rotates out to resume the effort on Wanda/Knull. Even though I don't really like the looks of Ronan, that seems to be the smartest thing to do.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've only got Apocalypse/Onslaught/Killmonger right now, so I'll be glad to take any input, but right now I'm leaning towards waiting. I'm not sure any of the ones here really make me much more effective at anything even though I only use Apoc/Polaris for PvE. I liked Wanda because she helps Apoc out, but at my super-slow speed in getting CP/LTs I'm definitely risking missing any characters for a while after I pull so I'm not sure I can justify cracking just for Wanda.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm way off the mark, it wouldn't be the first time.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I've only got Apocalypse/Onslaught/Killmonger right now, so I'll be glad to take any input, but right now I'm leaning towards waiting. I'm not sure any of the ones here really make me much more effective at anything even though I only use Apoc/Polaris for PvE. I liked Wanda because she helps Apoc out, but at my super-slow speed in getting CP/LTs I'm definitely risking missing any characters for a while after I pull so I'm not sure I can justify cracking just for Wanda.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm way off the mark, it wouldn't be the first time.
    IMHO, 5Witch and Col are fantastic to go with Apoc.  They were a killer team for me in BOP.  With Col on the team, Apoc can't be stunned.  Ronan seems fun but just playable, not a game changer.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

IMHO, 5Witch and Col are fantastic to go with Apoc.  They were a killer team for me in BOP.  With Col on the team, Apoc can't be stunned.  Ronan seems fun but just playable, not a game changer.
    I’m hearing this a lot and wondering what I’m not seeing. 

Blue- Switch is better
    Black- Apoc is better

Are you just playing him so WandaPoc take 83% less match damage? I feel like there are probably better mutant thirds that could provide more. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Blue- Switch is better
    Black- Apoc is better

Are you just playing him so WandaPoc take 83% less match damage? I feel like there are probably better mutant thirds that could provide more. 

The only active yellow is Apoc, and between SW and Colossus Apoc will almost certainly fire it - boosting SW (like you see with Okoye/SW everywhere now). Apoc has a big healthpool and good abilities - it's just a matter of keeping him around (which the other two do here) and firing those abilities - which it will be hard for him not to do since he won't be stunned and will be eaten away more slowly.

I tried this in BOP, it was....fine, not health-pack intensive but certainly not fast. However, if someone had all three of these characters at a high level when not every broken 4* is also 550....I expect this would be a good team to float on, at the very least.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

Blue- Switch is better
    Black- Apoc is better

The only active yellow is Apoc, and between SW and Colossus Apoc will almost certainly fire it - boosting SW (like you see with Okoye/SW everywhere now). Apoc has a big healthpool and good abilities - it's just a matter of keeping him around (which the other two do here) and firing those abilities - which it will be hard for him not to do since he won't be stunned and will be eaten away more slowly.

I tried this in BOP, it was....fine, not health-pack intensive but certainly not fast. However, if someone had all three of these characters at a high level when not every broken 4* is also 550....I expect this would be a good team to float on, at the very least.
    I haven't floated in a very long time, but do "float teams" actually work?  Don't you get hit a bunch anyway?  I guess I don't get the benefit of switching to a super slow team to float if you're gonna get killed anyway.

(This attitude is probably pretty extensively informed by my very nonstandard pvp experience, so please correct me)
  • shardwick
    Options

I broke the hoard on them and am glad I did. I guess it really depends on how you play. If you play in cl 10 pve then it will be much easier to get them covered. Before I pulled I had one cover for Colossus and two shard covers. For Switch I had one cover and one shard cover. I also had one shard cover to use from a milestones reward. I think I had something like 235 pulls total and with shards I was able to get Switch and Colossus finished, and I only need like 85 shards to finish off Knull. That was with like a 17% draw rate though so your mileage may vary. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

I still think you should keep hoarding for a special store with Apoc (and hopefully with Kitty as well) since you said PVE was your focus in your original post.

If you're still just playing PVP up to 650, BRB/Polaris will serve you just fine while you only have one 5* champ. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:

Blue- Switch is better
    Black- Apoc is better

I haven't floated in a very long time, but do "float teams" actually work?  Don't you get hit a bunch anyway?  I guess I don't get the benefit of switching to a super slow team to float if you're gonna get killed anyway.

(This attitude is probably pretty extensively informed by my very nonstandard pvp experience, so please correct me)
    I'm pretty sure they work in Shield Simulator at least. When I started leaving Kitty+Polaris+Medusa on defence, I noticed that I barely got hit at all.
  • shardwick
    Options
    @nousernamehere Little update for you. After pouring iso into Colossus I have him at 450 but won't be able to champ him until tonight, but when I do I'll have like six champ levels to add to him. Anyway, he's soooo good with Apoc and Switch.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I don't know if it's the 5* boost or the unhoarding of this batch of 5* that caused me to see fewer iHulkoyes. I'm seeing even more Wanda and Apocalypse, compared to the former now. I also see a lot of Knull, which should not be surprising due to his boost.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know if it's the 5* boost or the unhoarding of this batch of 5* that caused me to see fewer iHulkoyes. I'm seeing even more Wanda and Apocalypse, compared to the former now. I also see a lot of Knull, which should not be surprising due to his boost.
    Wanda is extremely vulnerable to the boosted 5*, so it can't be that.  If you have a lvl450 Green Goblin his black will probably oneshot her.  Their crazy match damage is also very good against her.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone Q those 440k health knulls! Talk about a grind. Though bobby blue and MBW tu make it possible.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanda is extremely vulnerable to the boosted 5*, so it can't be that.  If you have a lvl450 Green Goblin his black will probably oneshot her.  Their crazy match damage is also very good against her.
    Baby champ MMR here. 

I definitely played Apoc/Wanda and was hunting high point Hulkoyes that I’d usually skip unless they were the only thing left worth points. I also hunted Wanda teams with mega-boosted Goblin/Cap. I hit the mega boosted (and everything else) with my own Hulkoye. It truly felt like Rock Paper Scissors for maybe the first time ever for me.