Break the hoard or not ?

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

The 5star I have been spoiled after knull looks very interesting. 
    Out of curiosity, do the line chat rooms spoil the power set as well as the characters?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, they know those abilities weeks in advance. All these while, I thought that they knew only names of characters in advance, until someone in Reddit posted abilities of Wanda way before her release. A lot of people thought it was fake, and I thought so too. In the end, it was real. However, I don't think they have the actual damage numbers.

That probably explain why a lot of them rarely discuss in new character threads. Because they had already discussed it weeks ago in their Line room or elsewhere.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If boosted 5* stay a thing, Wanda isn't nearly as good.  Super high match damage basically makes her damage reduction irrelevant.

On the other hand, if boosted 5* stay a thing, Colossus is *really* good!  Match damage reduction vs boosted 5* is an incredibly powerful ability.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If boosted 5* stay a thing, Wanda isn't nearly as good.  Super high match damage basically makes her damage reduction irrelevant.

On the other hand, if boosted 5* stay a thing, Colossus is *really* good!  Match damage reduction vs boosted 5* is an incredibly powerful ability.
    I posted something similar about Wanda either here or in our alliance chat.  Makes me much less excited to pull for her, although she may have utility still in PVE.  The same applies for having the newest 5* in god mode - greatly reduces in power and novelty if four others are boosted at the same time.

On the plus side, I can hit Wanda’s with no fear with my own boosted 5*s as I’ve done this week a few times.

Interesting point on Colossus and makes my decision on pulling for Colossus/Wanda/Knull or Wanda/Knull/TBC much easier.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

The 5star I have been spoiled after knull looks very interesting. 
    Out of curiosity, do the line chat rooms spoil the power set as well as the characters?
    It's just a bunch of words and a name. They don't always include HP values, AP costs or colour that the powers are. As an example, wanda had 7 seperate paragraphs for her pink ability. All saying basically the same thing.

I have no idea how they make it over to us. Be it friendly developers releasing the information on the side to appease fans, or people digging through the game code.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Use em together?
  • entrailbucket
    Options

Use em together?

Maybe?  Without a damage booster, Wanda's revenge damage isn't going to help too much, so you're counting on Colossus and whoever the 3rd is to bring all of your offense.  I think it would be unusably slow in pick-2 unless the essential brought something pretty useful damage-wise.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Currently got 500 pulls saved up. Will go after Colossus/Wanda/Knull and hopefully i will be able to champ them all with a decent amount of pulls left for future releases.

I have a feeling that there will be something yummy when Wanda leave latest.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I won't be surprised. I inferred, based on past 5* release since 2017/2018, there are 2 meta releases per year. Wanda is considered one of them. So, we still have one more left. I think, as of now, Colossus, Wanda/Knull is the set to pull. A number of players in the top 1% are expected to release their hoards to 550 these three characters as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My eye is starting to twitch from not pulling. Going through withdrawals. "Maybe just one pull from Classics? Only 20 cp? You have plenty." And I'm like staaaaahp.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The 5* being boosted for PvE and PvP is ushering the age of 6* during this year's Mpq anniversary.

Be strong and hoard on
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    A number of players in the top 1% are expected to release their hoards to 550 these three characters as well.
    wait. there are players not only champing them on day one, but max champing?

edit:
    quoting is annoying on mobile.
    but if i touch it, i mess it up even more
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ammenell said:
    A number of players in the top 1% are expected to release their hoards to 550 these three characters as well.
    wait. there are players not only champing them on day one, but max champing?

edit:
    quoting is annoying on mobile.
    but if i touch it, i mess it up even more
    Some people are sitting on over 300 LL and over 5,000 CP. Some are sitting on over 10k CP even. These people can 550 specific characters on LL release for sure. It will hurt or empty their hoard for sure though. I am using about 100 LLs to finish Knull then rehoarding til the next 3.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    They hoard for about 1.5 years to 550 those characters.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    They hoard for about 1.5 years to 550 those characters.
    It's the smart way to do it.  Most 5* are just ok, but occasionally D3 messes up and makes one that's *way* too good by accident.  If you skip all the mediocre guys and go all in on the mistakes, you can win everything forever.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    Options
    can't be totally sure, though
    what if the one after Wanda/knull/new is the next meta, but now your hoard is empty.

id rather stop with enough pulls left. 
    different players, different povs i guess

5k cp are 200 pulls
    how many pulls does it theoretically take to 550 a latest?
    300 pulls to champ them is one of the most common answers, but after that 3*13 covers, there are still 300(!) covers left to pull. 

3*13 covers.... 270 to 300 pulls
    300 covers... 2300 pulls

that's 300LLs and 2000 pulls, which equals 50k cp?

please someone laugh at me for being dumb and that I'm way off here. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ammenell said:

please someone laugh at me for being dumb and that I'm way off here. 
    With shards and champ rewards giving LTs I believe the approximate count of pulls to get 3 550s is somewhere around 1400. That shaves a lot off from your  2300 pulls but still it takes a „hardcore“ player around 1.5years to get these resources (At least 1hr per day of gametime).

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    1.5 years for top 5%-top10% of the playerbase in top alliances and they spend money on the game too. Your average players who play full progression for PvPs and PvEs will likely take 3 to 4 years. For the rest, it's probably never. It's not rare to see long time players champ their 1st 5* after 5 to 6 years of playing the game.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    So is it official, that Knull won't drop in until tomorrow? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Check back in another 16 minutes.