MPQ needs to move to NFTs

jlaureano0615
jlaureano0615 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Imagine being able to sell your covers/characters to other players.

Or, imagine a limited edition 'Iron Man' cover/character where there are only 1000 versions.

It would take MPQ to the next level.

I'm waiting D3Go!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aside from it being trendy, what is user-facing difference from say having to earn infinity stones via winning a PVP season or some other exclusive thing?
  • jlaureano0615
    From how I understand it, the users would be the owners of their chars.  The users then buy and sell the char (a limited resource in an NFT model) among themselves.

For example, a new 5* char is released.  At the time of the release, D3Go announces there will only be 1000 made public.  Users gather that char up and now the char increases in value because users who missed out want to get it.

D3Go makes a marketplace where the char can be bought and sold among the users and takes a small cut of every transaction.

It becomes more like comic collecting with scarcity driving value.
  • jlaureano0615
    Yeah, I mean to do something like that would be a massive shift from what they are doing right now.  I was just mentioning it as a possible way to freshen up the game as the years progress.

They seem to have interest in doing something like it -- isn't the costumes feature a nascent scarcity=value play?

Maybe it's on a 10 year time horizon. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think you'd have to weigh the idea of whether or not selling costumes directly is more or less lucrative than skimming a percentage of a player-to-player transaction or not I suppose. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got some YouTube videos for sale.
  • Sam99
    Sam99 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Peeps, I've been saying this MPQ team on Facebook for a while. 

There is a company known as VeVe who were doing NFT collectibles. Now they've got a deal with Marvel and they've released NFTs of different sorts; digital collectibles and comics with variant covers. 

Just check this Twitter link of Marvel Entertainment
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, for a f2p game this is seems like a terrible idea.
    You could have dev resources lost to time with players who just never return.

If you know about marvel heroes to most popular costume was locked to a prepaid $300 account. At the time of closing less than 5 of the original buyers were still playing.

The worst part about it in this game is that you would never see it, just the individual users. This game separates users on a variety of levels so you potentially would never see it live in action.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The abbridged version costs extra lol
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
     :D  :D
    Seriously though report this thread and try to get it removed.
  • Sam99
    edited October 2021
    It's a shame my post has been marked as spam. If you don't like NFTs that's your problem. There is a alot of man hours put into championing a character. If I'm given the option to sell a championed character, I would. D3 could also take a cut in the marketplace. 

Strange this post has been here since March and now that I've commented on it, it's being treated as anti gaming. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It is my opinion NFTs are useless and won't add value to this or any game really, but it's also my opinion you should be allowed to hype them if you want. I don't think "Flag" is the right thing here, it should not be used simply as a "dislike" button.
  • Sam99
    dianetics said:
    Honestly, for a f2p game this is seems like a terrible idea.
    You could have dev resources lost to time with players who just never return.

If you know about marvel heroes to most popular costume was locked to a prepaid $300 account. At the time of closing less than 5 of the original buyers were still playing.

The worst part about it in this game is that you would never see it, just the individual users. This game separates users on a variety of levels so you potentially would never see it live in action.
    Seems you are not happy with my comment. I've played MPQ since 2013. I've got 6.5 years of playtime on it. I'm not here just to advocate Crypto and NFTs. I'm here so that ppl in the community Im playing in also get the chance to make money and the developers also make a good profit. If you feel this is wrong, then by all means report me. 
  • Sam99
    It is my opinion NFTs are useless and won't add value to this or any game really, but it's also my opinion you should be allowed to hype them if you want. I don't think "Flag" is the right thing here, it should not be used simply as a "dislike" button.
    Have you looked into NFTs like VeVe? There are other marketplaces like Opensea. The thing is that companies like VeVe hold licences from different corporations and obviously digital collectibles opens up the market for non collectors. I never collected physical comics but now I've got 8 digital comics and other NFTs on the app. 

I simply wish MPQ D3 could have done the digital comics edit. It would have been really nice. 

I hope D3 reads this forum and gives it a thought with their license with Marvel. I feel all NFTs should be spread across.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Nobody forces anyone to play a game. If you feel you have wasted half a decade playing it, well, the only winner is the owner of the game. 
    NFT will in my opinion cut short the live span of this game.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sam99 said:
    Have you looked into NFTs like VeVe? There are other marketplaces like Opensea. The thing is that companies like VeVe hold licences from different corporations and obviously digital collectibles opens up the market for non collectors. I never collected physical comics but now I've got 8 digital comics and other NFTs on the app. 

I simply wish MPQ D3 could have done the digital comics edit. It would have been really nice. 

I hope D3 reads this forum and gives it a thought with their license with Marvel. I feel all NFTs should be spread across.
    Do you work for VeVe (whatever that is)?  Your posts read like you're trying to sell us something, which is against the rules, and is probably why you're getting reported.