Puzzle Gauntlet

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to future runs of Puzzle Ops!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to future runs of Puzzle Ops!
    +1, rewards aside I appreciate the new content. A chance for support upgrades is better than none, if I hadn’t been so lucky with supports thus far I’m sure I would have scored something cool.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Hawkeye gives you purple when you match enemy special tiles.  His black puts out enemy special tiles and heals you.
    Ope, I forgot about that part of his black.  I'll give that a shot next time.  Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this how the old Gauntlet was like?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Sorta except with a much longer mission ladder.  Two essentials side branches with a required char.  The real kicker was no mirror matches, so some matches were near unbeatable

Edit
    obviously, the main goal was defeat each char vs achieve a win condition.  But honestly the difficulty feels relatively the same.

they did a much better job of adjusting enemy levels here.   Mission difficulty feels abiut right and I don’t feel penalized if I don’t 4x each node
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event: fun, different, challenging in places, new and interesting.

Rewards: wow, wouldn't it be nice if we had progression rewards instead of RNG? As someone with 3* RTF before the 3* RTF vault that lots bought (those folks have some serious complaints here), I got two more 3* RTF as expected.....

No progress, no method towards progress, supports continue to be impossible to obtain.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    The old gauntlet was much longer, it was three paths with about 10 nodes each and several nodes that broke off of those ten nodes that had the required 2, 3, and 4 star character. 

The event was extremely difficult at the time but would probably be pretty easy now with the current meta. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're really bored you can watch someone play some of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBWV4s4VYI
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Thanks everyone for the explanations and the video. It looks like a normal pve with multiple clears, except that each clear has it own node instead of the current 6 clears in one node. The main differences seem to be non-time based and scaling is much higher. 

Hopefully, this Puzzle Gauntlet will be back next month with different win conditions.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The old Gauntlet was pretty much impossible to finish unless you had a great roster. There were no cheap metas like Polaris-BRB-Th4nos to help bail you out on the hardest nodes. You really had to earn it.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:
    Loosie said:
    That was tough, but I managed to get a 3* and 5* RTF!!

One question though @LakeStone The support tokens given out are a different store than the current one, is this one static or will it rotate?
    The beginner support tokens given out in Puzzle Gauntlet are for an outdated Support store. We will have this fixed for future runs of Puzzle Ops.

Is this why I got no beginners support token ? I can’t find it .
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    The old Gauntlet was pretty much impossible to finish unless you had a great roster. There were no cheap metas like Polaris-BRB-Th4nos to help bail you out on the hardest nodes. You really had to earn it.
    We had Deadpool's whales, unless he was one of the opponents.  (At that time, mirror matches were locked out)
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    Fun addition to the game. The hardest was the yellow ap one since I didn't have any good options for someone who will make yellow my strongest color to pair w 4* Captain Marvel and Valkyrie. I hope this becomes a weekly thing and that they introduce more win conditions.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    We had Deadpool's whales, unless he was one of the opponents.  (At that time, mirror matches were locked out)

Eventually, you run out of whale points. Those that don't tend to have the aforementioned great roster and accumulate those points because they never need to use whales and forget about it until something bizarrely difficult pops up. I'm talking about legit strategies you can use when you're otherwise wildly outclassed. There wasn't a lot of that back then.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are some tricky nodes. And there are gamma siphon and she-hulk undermining your progress lol.
    Nico node was pretty tricky were red had more probabilities and nico and blade 3* can make a difference.  I took the shielding of magneto 5* and I would be defeated if not.
    Blue gives karnak his criticals and KM steals your red with them. 
    I think its a great good work at desing.
    So far I got a 4 RTF so I am happy.
    "Bending the rules" and "changing the game " , extremely curious names. 
    Is that a cripted message or something?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Disappointed that I got 2 x 3* as I already have it 

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Fun addition to the game. The hardest was the yellow ap one since I didn't have any good options for someone who will make yellow my strongest color to pair w 4* Captain Marvel and Valkyrie. I hope this becomes a weekly thing and that they introduce more win conditions.

I got the Talon 4 so yellow is now Okoye strongest color . But I used Bloodstone and Rey Mysterio to generate a ton of yellow, I thought this was my quickest battle 
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    LakeStone said:
    Loosie said:
    That was tough, but I managed to get a 3* and 5* RTF!!

One question though @LakeStone The support tokens given out are a different store than the current one, is this one static or will it rotate?
    The beginner support tokens given out in Puzzle Gauntlet are for an outdated Support store. We will have this fixed for future runs of Puzzle Ops.

Can't wait, this was really fun.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't get the 4 or 5-star RTF, and I'm not even mad. This was genuinely fun!