Puzzle Gauntlet

Options

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Did you actually pull the 5* RTF or get the 5* support token with a chance? 
    I'm not sure of the distinction (I can look it up later, but I'm not in front of my game PC at the moment, and I play on Steam).  I got one of the Royal Talon tokens for this event for getting to whatever the maximum number of points was - 3200 or whatever, and when I used it, I got a 5* Talon (which upgraded my existing 3* one, of course).

Anyway, I can't get the Hawkguy fight to work.  He at the lowish end of my 3* farming cycle - level 183 - and unfortunately he doesn't have the HP to stand up to Polaris and Medusa.  I'll try again later to see if I can get better RNG, but so far no dice.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hawkguy's no good news is a good place to look.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A bust for me as well.  Every single token was a dupe.

For the medusa/polaris one I managed on my second try with cyclops.  Boosted blue/purple ap plus all ap and used his blue to target purple ap and match purple when I could.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Realised how little I know about so many characters powers.  Trying to remember who is good for blue generation (outside of old skool IM40).  Muddled through it all with only a couple of failures, had to come here for the Hawkguy tip to get that last node done.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I felt it was more like snakes and ladders, with a lot of snakes and few ladders. The goal is straightforward, but the enemy has many dirty little tricks to stop you from getting there.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, had fun doing the puzzles, finding the right characters to use. Sadly the 4 RTF tokens i got only gave 3*'s which of course i got already.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0/3 on Royal Talon 4 or 5 star. Sad face.

Also anyone else find it odd that the normal support token rewards are the old old old versions. The Beginner only has 1/20 chance of 3 star (no 4 star) and only the original batch of supports + Children of Thanos. Was this a mistake? Will it be corrected?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I find it a pretty funny gauntlet. There is one week to complete it and the player can complete it all 3 times or not. 
    There are some nodes pretty easy and there are quite the challenges too.
    Thumbs up. And may support godess smile to you.
    Edit: After looking it closer it seems all nodes must be completed for winning the final price.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Aside from the rewards and prizes, this is actually quite tough. I'm now trying A Change Of Pace pt 3. Goal is to reach 25 red. Opponents Mordo, She Hulk and Iceman. They all have abilities to either destroy, drain or change your red. Good luck with that.

I got it pretty handily with Apocalypse, Hulkbuster 3/5/5, Domino 5/3/5.

The key is to gun for black first and red second, blue third. Domino increases chance of black dropping as well as allowing Apoc to laugh at Icemans stun. Use Hulkbuster black to generate red.

Win.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Talon Fighter is one of the Supports I need so this is very nice indeed.
    Talon Fighter is one of the Supports that *everyone* needs!  Mine is LVL 2, and I've got over 1M red ISO to level it up once it shows up.  Anyone else remember an event that offered one particular support?

Between the Okoye Bundle and this support designed specifically for her being offered in a bundle, anyone else get the feeling she's next in line to get whacked with the nerf hammer?  (See the "Nerf Okoye" thread for ten pages of thoughts on that matter...)
    And the reason the thread got closed was because of the Fake News about this . The posts were deleted so I didn’t catch the name of the poster who was lying about her getting nerfed . 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* Talon Fighter support is mine! That's what I'm talking about.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eventually I finished all nodes, with a lot of cursing I must say, so I'm probably not going to do 3 clears. 
    Cap M4rvel is very useful too. Just make sure she gains the right colour. 
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I finally got through that Polaris/Medusa node.  I can't see much reason to replay the rest of them - the rewards just don't seem that compelling.  I may fool around a bit and do a few, but if I don't have the time I won't have missed much.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I'm having some trouble with the one-on-two node, where you have to use a featured character to beat Polaris and Medusa.  I can't get the 25 purple needed to beat it before Polaris ends up just slaughtering me and none of the characters have an effective way to generate purple.  I have both IM40 and Hawkeye at 266, Cyclops and Valkyrie champed, and Winter Soldier at 13 covers, but not champed.  Anyone have any tips that might help?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm having some trouble with the one-on-two node, where you have to use a featured character to beat Polaris and Medusa.  I can't get the 25 purple needed to beat it before Polaris ends up just slaughtering me and none of the characters have an effective way to generate purple.  I have both IM40 and Hawkeye at 266, Cyclops and Valkyrie champed, and Winter Soldier at 13 covers, but not champed.  Anyone have any tips that might help?
    Hawkeye gives you purple when you match enemy special tiles.  His black puts out enemy special tiles and heals you.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options

I used Valkyrie with Black Widow Baton support so Purple is her strongest color. Then chase the bounty. Got it on my 2nd try after getting board that was devoid of Purple and Red on my 1st try.
    Other tips for players looking for them are Medusa/Carnage is useful for the Blue Nodes since she generates Blue from his enemy attack tiles.  For 25 Red (or Red in general), I found Miles/2099/IM40 useful since IM40 generates Blue for 2099 to stun for 4 turns (plus Red for your goal) and Miles generates Red from all the web tile matching. For the Yellow node (if you don't have 1/2 Thor) Kingpin/Switch gets it done.
    My question is how did everyone get so many draws for the Royal Talon Fighter? I see people talking about going 0-4. I got 1 draw from the Polaris/Medusa node and another from progression. Where do the other 2 come from (I see 1 can come from the 80 item vault if you get really lucky)???
    At least 1 of my 2 draws was the 4* RTF so I was able to upgrade my 3* RTF at least.
    KGB
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3 3* RTFs for me too, sadly.

But I love that we have a puzzle mode like this. It‘s great. More like this. 

Maybe some future gauntlet with Dark Avengers in it? 🤡
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wash for me as well, all red ISO. Still, happy for the new content and the chance at an upgrade. Keep the support tokens coming please.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All dupes and lots of worthless RISO.  My RTF is still at 3*.  Oh well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More dupes for me. No surprise there. I do like that they brought back the gauntlet, I just wish that supports weren't so damn useless in how you can upgrade them. Give us a shard system for supports so that I can actually upgrade my RTF.