Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
Play it and get a free talon fighter!

Sounds nice, perhaps more of that with other supports

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talon Fighter is one of the Supports I need so this is very nice indeed.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,143 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Talon Fighter is one of the Supports that *everyone* needs!  Mine is LVL 2, and I've got over 1M red ISO to level it up once it shows up.  Anyone else remember an event that offered one particular support?

Between the Okoye Bundle and this support designed specifically for her being offered in a bundle, anyone else get the feeling she's next in line to get whacked with the nerf hammer?  (See the "Nerf Okoye" thread for ten pages of thoughts on that matter...)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Talon Fighter is one of the Supports that *everyone* needs!  Mine is LVL 2, and I've got over 1M red ISO to level it up once it shows up.  Anyone else remember an event that offered one particular support?

Between the Okoye Bundle and this support designed specifically for her being offered in a bundle, anyone else get the feeling she's next in line to get whacked with the nerf hammer?  (See the "Nerf Okoye" thread for ten pages of thoughts on that matter...)
    That *everyone* guy sure is needy!

Oh yeah, totally, she is completely doomed. And during Black History month too! That is just rough. Or maybe they will wait until International Women's Day? There are a couple of classy options available. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine’s  already at rank 3. Really wish we could get shards on these instead of a minuscule offering of red Iso. However, I like the idea and perhaps I’ll get lucky and be in the 1:8 camp.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have a 4* already, so I’m looking forward to that slug of 800 riso lol

Mostly joking, I think it's great that people have more avenues towards good supports. I just wish that there was some shard-like way to grow them because I've been stuck with 1 and 2* supports since they launched, and I have effectively no access to infinity stones as a bottom of the barrel PVP player. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Even better is that it appears to be a 5* version of the Royal Talon

EDIT: Just realized it's a Royal Talon 'pack' so chance at 3 4 or 5....that's less exciting.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

That would be a low point, milking her with bundles then nerf her into the ground 
    maybe they try to get everyone a fat okoye? I mean she’s not op anymore if everyone has her high
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Loosie said:

EDIT: Just realized it's a Royal Talon 'pack' so chance at 3 4 or 5....that's less exciting.
    I'm curious if that pack is ONLY RTF, or if OTF just has bonus odds in what is a regular support store?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loosie said:

I'm curious if that pack is ONLY RTF, or if OTF just has bonus odds in what is a regular support store?
    AFAIK, a regular support store would list the odds of every possible support. Looks to me like you're guaranteed an RTF.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Loosie said:

AFAIK, a regular support store would list the odds of every possible support. Looks to me like you're guaranteed an RTF.
    The Rank odds are worse. You've got a better chance of pulling a Rank 5 from a normal Master token than from this "RTF Only" Master token.

But logically, that's the trade-off. Guarantee which Support at the cost of making the higher ranks less likely. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2021
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    The Rank odds are worse. You've got a better chance of pulling a Rank 5 from a normal Master token than from this "RTF Only" Master token.

But logically, that's the trade-off. Guarantee which Support at the cost of making the higher ranks less likely. 
    But the odds of pulling a rank 5 RTF is much less from a Master token (especially if it isn't even in the current round of the Support store). :smiley:

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aside from the rewards and prizes, this is actually quite tough. I'm now trying A Change Of Pace pt 3. Goal is to reach 25 red. Opponents Mordo, She Hulk and Iceman. They all have abilities to either destroy, drain or change your red. Good luck with that.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any advice for the Polaris/Medusa one?  I can see how Valkyrie might be a solution (build up reds until you have a bounty on Medusa), but I still die before I can pull it off.
  • Dogface
    edited February 2021
    Options
    mbaren said:
    Any advice for the Polaris/Medusa one?  I can see how Valkyrie might be a solution (build up reds until you have a bounty on Medusa), but I still die before I can pull it off.
    I wiped out too. Must say the odds are against us. Not only do we have a limited number of characters to choose from, there's also an extra chance that new tiles are strike tiles. And trying to get a bounty in five turns with only Valkyrie herself isn't an easy task either.

Edit: Hawk3ye with 5 on black, plus some boosts did the trick. Two RTF support tokens : 2 x 3* RTF (which I alreeady had, so 7200 RISO twice  :(
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mbaren said:

Hawkguy - and match theier SAP - you gain 2Purple AP for each.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I used 3* hawkeye for the final node. And after making that hilarious 800 riso joke, I actually pulled down a 5* RTF, so feeling pretty awesome about this new event now lol

Also 4* Cyclops' yellow will accrue Strongest Color for the team, not just his own red, so on those nodes where you have to pick up some arbitrary color, maybe consider 4* Cyclops + someone who adds a lot of team up to the board, 2* captain marvel is best at it. Then pick whoever you can field that has the strongest color you're after, and chase team up in addition to the color directly.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr_F said:

Ah!  Good point.  I'll give that a whirl.  Although I just pulled a 5* Royal Talon fighter from one of the other rewards, so if I can't get through, I'll live with it :)
  • Dogface
    Options
    mbaren said:
    Mr_F said:

Ah!  Good point.  I'll give that a whirl.  Although I just pulled a 5* Royal Talon fighter from one of the other rewards, so if I can't get through, I'll live with it :)
    Did you actually pull the 5* RTF or get the 5* support token with a chance? 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That was tough, but I managed to get a 3* and 5* RTF!!

One question though @LakeStone The support tokens given out are a different store than the current one, is this one static or will it rotate?
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Well Puzzle Gauntlet was a bust for me.  Nothing but red iso.  Even my vault token yielded red iso. Add it to the 6 million I already have no use for.