Finished prologue except ragnarok. Nothing to do now?

Comments

• Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler

I also see no way to attach an image to this forum to show my roster for advice. 
    My roster is full and last week I accidentally opened 1 too many heroic tokens so am sitting on a 3* Blade who expires in 6 days. THEN I got several more new 3* covers dropped from leveling a champion character, from rewards in events, and in 1 case, it appeared from a “daily bonus” since I spent money on the game last week - not “a new heroic cover” but in a “Here is a Colossus 3* cover”. And I added the 4* Red Guardian the same way - not opening a new cover via token, just getting awarded the open cover. I will probably be able to add a roster spot within the next few days, but I expect I might have to make some hard choices in like 10-12 days. In the meantime, have not opened anything more than “standard” for over a week and won’t until I free up a spot.

BTW I “favorited” Rocket and Groot once I championed Dr. Strange. So in like 9 or 10 days Rocket&Groot was rostered, then sharded up to 4/4/3. Figured I could re-favorite once I get R&G to max and start growing my other best characters. What is the right power distribution for R&G?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thought of 5* Carnage or R4G. Did you fight against them? Because they can give opponents an extra turn under certain condition.
  • Tanglefoot

What is the right power distribution for R&G?
    Not sure if you're talking about R3G or R4G.

For R3G, either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. The former for maximum healing (especially if you bring a very damaged R3G into a match), the latter for maximum damage.

For R4G, 3/5/5.
    I had just mentioned Rocket&Groot, and abbreviated them R&G, I have no idea what either R3G nor R4G are.
  • HoundofShadow
    R3G = 3* Rocket and Groot
    R4G = 4* Rocket and Groot
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    As you noticed the cover rewards keep coming from many different sources, this can be overwhelming at first, but if you remember to check the rewards beforehand you will be able to keep track of what can appear in your vine from:

- season rewards
    - daily rewards (there is a list somewhere in this forum where you can check rewards from each day (except the days where the reward is random, but in those days you can't receive cover)
    - events placement/progression rewards
    - champion rewards

In most cases you can expect to receive a certain cover from those sources in pretty acurate moment in time. So you can prepare your resources for that moment. 
    For example you have HP for a new slot, and you have no covers in vine, so in theory you could open some tokens. But if you check that in two days you should receive a cover (or covers) from either of mentioned sources for character(s) you doesn't own yet, then perhaps you should consider saving those HP for them.
    Of course this is only suggestion how to plan, and not to be forced to throw away stuff or choose one instead of the other.
  • Tanglefoot
    If I have 81 wins in the SHIELD Simulator and have the max progression rewards, is there any reason to keep winning and keep a high position rank? Does it affect my Soul Season ranking?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are no rewards for a high finish (rank) in the Shield Simulator.
    But the points you earn there do count for your Soul Season ranking. So if you are in a position to finish high there and reap rewards you want then yes, you will need to keep winning to maintain your points in the Soul Season.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    You can earn ISO-8 and random 1* or 2* cover, but playing LR is better.

The points in Simulator will contribute to your season score.
  • Tanglefoot
    You can earn ISO-8 and random 1* or 2* cover, but playing LR is better.

The points in Simulator will contribute to your season score.
    So, the POINTS count towards my season score, not my position. If I am hanging right around 1100 points in the simulator, it doesn’t really matter whether I am ranked #8 or #80, right?
  • HoundofShadow
    Correct.
  • Tanglefoot
    Oy vay. With 14 seconds left I was ranked #2 in the Cosmic Chaos event and somehow ended up at #17. I don’t think I could have gotten that any tighter - added a 169 point win at 14 seconds. That feels like a lot of movement in 14 seconds...
  • Tanglefoot
    So, with 1 cover, is 4* Elsa Bloodstone worth keeping now? It looks like being able to target airborne or invisible enemies can probably be a valuable attack, but it’s a single cover and I am months away from talking seriously about 4* land. I also have a single 4* Carnage.

would her/their roster spot(s) be better used to roster covers from my vine which are getting close to expiration? I have a 3* Blade expiring in 2 days, and 3* StarLord expiring in 3 and 7 days.

I only opened Blade in an Elite token. Everyone else has dropped as a cover as level awards, not as tokens. I have otherwise only opened Standard tokens for over 2 weeks. I am currently sitting on 1 legendary token, 2 mighty tokens, 17 heroic tokens, 19 elite tokens.

I am probably about 2 days from earning enough hp for a new roster spot. Looks like I am earning enough to buy about a roster spot per week. About... I know why a new player gets deluged with “new” covers - to make you spend $ for roster spots, and I hate seeing all of these covers when I know I can’t save them all.

waiting in my queue I also have the following, in expiration order.
    3* Blade
    3* StarLord
    3* She Hulk
    3* StarLord
    4* Red Guardian
    3* Hawkeye
    3* Colossus
    3* She Hulk
    3* She Hulk
    3* Doctor Octopus
    3* Captain Marvel
    3* Bullseye
    4* SpiderGwen

I know I will end up needing to decide which of these I am most likely to actively use and just bail on some. Are any of these CLEARLY “throw away” covers? 
    AGain, only Blade was a token - the last token above “standard” I used. the rest are dropped covers which fell into my queue as awards - pretty sure a couple of them came from level awards as champions, so I am being more careful about leveling once I hit a new award cover.
  • KGB
    Since you still only have 1 Elsa (thanks to your Alliance not reaching rounds 5-7) you can drop her. Especially since Carnage is a better 4* than she is. In reality you shouldn't roster any of the 4* in your queue at only 1 cover.
    None of the 3* you have are great. The are all average to below average. That said, you do have 3 She-Hulk covers so I suggest you roster her just because you have 3 covers (so you can swap Elsa for her). Then when you earn enough HP for a new roster spot you can pick one of the other 3* (might as well be Starlord since you have 2 covers for him unless you open tokens and find yet more 3*).
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Thanks KGB.
    first thing this morning my daily award was a 3* Dr. Doom. MOAR COVERS!!!
  • KGB
    If you don't mind spending a bit of money, as I mentioned before, the $1.99 purchase of 600 HP is a great buy because it gets you a month of PvE extra rewards which will be several hundred more HP allowing you to roster more characters at a faster rate.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    KGB said:
    If you don't mind spending a bit of money, as I mentioned before, the $1.99 purchase of 600 HP is a great buy because it gets you a month of PvE extra rewards which will be several hundred more HP allowing you to roster more characters at a faster rate.
    KGB
    KBG I did buy the Logan HP package for $19.99, so am still getting rewards from that for another 2 weeks probably. It was worth since I bet half my new covers come from the daily awards themselves. And fwiw, the $1.99 bundle is 200HP.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    There's a bundle they put out from time to time that I make sure to scoop up everytime it comes around.  I can't remember the name of it right now, but it's one of each color cover for every 2* character and (I believe) 1200 hero points, along with a little bit of ISO.  It's been $10 every time it's been offered and worth it for the hero points alone (I think it was roughly $15 worth of hp), but the 2* covers really help with roster building and eventually farming.  Keep an eye out for it in case it pops up again soon.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that is called the "Creative Uncommons" pack or something like that.
  • Tanglefoot
    Finished #11 in the “Most Wanted” event. Was #4 with less than 2 minutes left. How do I lose 58 points to an enemy with ALL 3 heroes over level 300. The event page showed that if I beat him I would have gotten 42 points. How is that even possible????
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished #11 in the “Most Wanted” event. Was #4 with less than 2 minutes left. How do I lose 58 points to an enemy with ALL 3 heroes over level 300. The event page showed that if I beat him I would have gotten 42 points. How is that even possible????
    The amount of points we receive for a win/loss is determined by what the difference in our score is vs an opponent. As a rule of thumb, if a target is worth somewhere in the 36-38 points range then the amount of points they have is roughly equivalent to what we have. The untold rule is you should not hit opponents below these points thresholds as the retaliation on offer to them means they will get more points for hitting you back than you did in the first place but of course unless we are co-ordinating with others we can't always be too choosy over who we have available to attack. However if they have significantly different points totals to us (i.e lower), then the points on offer will vary between what we get for the win or what they get for beating us. They will be able to hit us for higher points than we get from them. Until they reach our points level or surpass us, this will continue to be the case. The player who hit you was last minute climbing and you would have been a juicy target it seems.
    The last 3 hours of PvP are normally the most dangerous and most players will have been shielded. If you are not climbing and are unshielded, then you are on the radar of every player scrambling for last minute points, you were lucky only 1 hit came in.
    With PvP, timing is everything - when you play is just as important as who you get matched up against.
    I left an unshielded team out in SHIELD Sim for a good week or so as I didn't really need the cover and it was mostly left alone until at around 1500 points until yesterday where I got battered for 300 points out of nowhere! I didn't really care but that is what happens!