Finished prologue except ragnarok. Nothing to do now?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    A quick note on 4* - there are some that can be useful with only 1 cover, specifically ones that have the ability to go invisible because you can win their individual Crash of the Titans. 4* Professor X and Howard the Duck come to mind. It is not easy and can take forever but can be achieved.
    Bloodstone is a completely niche character who has one unique combined power that you are not going to run into much at lower levels (she counters both invisibility & airbourne) but unquestionably Iron Fist will serve you better because he is a heavy damage dealer who can self fuel his powers.
    I always feel 3* Storm is a little underrated, sure she is not up there with Strange/Cage/IF etc but her powers are quite useful and she can fill a board with attack tiles.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to get the best prizes as fast as possible, switch your 4* shards to Polaris. If you don't care and just want to hit max progression or have fun playing the game, continue with Iron Fist. There isn't any right or wrong way to do. What's more important is that you have fun and not getting burned out quickly.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    If you want to get the best prizes as fast as possible, switch your 4* shards to Polaris. If you don't care and just want to hit max progression or have fun playing the game, continue with Iron Fist. There isn't any right or wrong way to do. What's more important is that you have fun and not getting burned out quickly.
    But I don’t have Polaris. My only 4* are Elsa bloodstone and iron fist.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need one on roster to do it, you can collect shards for characters you don't have and then roster them when you have a cover equivalent

• Tanglefoot
    You don't need one on roster to do it, you can collect shards for characters you don't have and then roster them when you have a cover equivalent

But, if I have 2 4* characters, but don’t favorite either of them, aren’t the shards just assigned to either one of them randomly? 

There is no obvious way to save shards independently, and nothing I have read in any guide says how to do it. I saw another post in the forum about “shard covers”, but assumed through available information it meant the available update to an existing cover from shards assigned to that cover by making them a favorite.
  • DAZ0273
    What RoadWarrior means is that you can switch your favourite to Polaris instead of Iron Fist and start collecting shards towards her covers. However, in order to build up targeted shards you will need to open Heroic/Mighty/Latest/Classic tokens which might be counter-productive if you do not have Hero Points to buy roster slots to benefit from covers gained.
    The other non-Pve path to 4* characters is through champion levels from 3* feeders but not all 4* have feeder characters that give out shards and/or covers.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only reason I suggested keeping Elsa is because she is still one of the 'latest' 4* releases. So she will be featured several more times in PvE and so there will be more opportunities to collect shards for her (assuming you get some in CL3). That might result in a 2nd or 3rd cover.  If there is no way to obtain shards for her in CL3 then she also can be dropped from your roster.
    Polaris, Grocket, Juggs are the 4* characters you should have set as favorites in 4* land. You don't need to have them rostered to set them as favorites.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Cool. Got it. I obviously had no idea you could do that. 

Looks like I picked up 179 shards for Agent Coulson, who was “favorited” for me by the game. Found Polaris and tagged her. 
    It was Hard scrolling through all those cool characters - I have been reading comics since April 1964 (Journey into Mystery with the Mighty Thor #104, and yes, I still have it) so the names and images bring back lots of memories...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It's pretty easy to accidentally favorite a character as you're scrolling through the roster; I've done it on more than one occasion and it's always like "UGH, First Avenger Cap gets those 3 shards? fail..." lol

I think Polaris is pretty powerful, but I'd probably still favorite Rocket first since you'll be able to get him sooner via 3* rocket shard drops and he will improve your quality of life big time along the way.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards

I think Polaris is pretty powerful, but I'd probably still favorite Rocket first since you'll be able to get him sooner via 3* rocket shard drops and he will improve your quality of life big time along the way.

Not sure about 4-stars, but with 3-stars, it's likely far faster to get a character covered with shards than with feeders.  I ran the experiment with Bonus Heroes (pre-shards) about a year and a half ago.  3-star Punisher with no feeder got max champed while 3-star Cap reached LVL 190.  Here's the experiment as it progressed.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/77980/completed-the-race-to-max-champ-a-3-star-favorites-vs-2-star-feeder/

Punisher went from nothing to Max Champ in about 4.5 months as the pure bonus hero.  I haven't run the experiment with shards, but 4-stars would likely follow the same path.  Sharded would be much faster than with a feeder.

I'd still recommend Polaris over just about anyone in the 4-star realm right now, especially with some of the 3-star Strike tile generators (Patch and Daken) that have 2-star feeders that you're likely to get pretty quickly.
  • Tanglefoot
    Sambrookjm- I tried to read the “completed race” post, but there is too much in there I don’t understand. BH. Feeder. LT. once you champion a hero you can get rewards from continuing to level them with covers which include additional, higher level covers?
    I just made my first champions last weekend at tier 2, so “championing” is new to me. 

Bonus Hero? Assume that is BH, but I don’t know what that is.

I gather 2* champions somehow become “feeders” for some specific 3* characters, but I don’t know what that means - like a Champion Daken 2* will produce daken 3* covers as he adds levels, to his max, at which time he can be sold for iso and HP (hero points?).

Just over 3 weeks in - still learning the game
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Bonus hero is the predecessor of Shards. However, it has been retired in 2019. 

Think of championing as unlocking the potential of characters. By that, you are able to access more and better rewards as your level grew. Also, your characters become stronger. Only 2* tier and above tier can be championed. Some of these rewards include covers or shards for characters of the next tier. We call character that gives covers or shards of next tier feeders. So, a champed 2* Daken gives 3* Daken cover or shard. 2* Daken feeds 3* Daken. 

Only 2* to 4* have feeders because we don't have 6* yet so 5* tier doesn't have feeders.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    My suggestion was to go all-in on 3* Rocket and 4* Rocket. That will be faster than just waiting. 
  • KGB
    edited January 2021
    The upcoming Alliance event - Battle at the Basilica will have Elsa Bloodstone as the round 5-7 rewards.
    If you are (or can get) into a decent alliance that can finish round 7 then you will snag 3 more covers for her giving you 4 covers. At that point she's worth keeping on your roster even if she's not a meta 4*.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    edited January 2021
    So, have been opening ONLY basic heroes since I have no open roster spots, figuring I would just add covers to my 2*s. In the last 2 days in BASIC tokens I have gotten 2x2* bullseye, 2x3* storm, a 3* hulk, and a 3* daredevil. Otherwise I opened only 1* storms and 1* iron mans - no other 2* at all.

this is on top of the 1x3* Gamora, 2x 3* Ragnarok, 2x 3* Mystique, and 1x3* storm I already have waiting in my queue - the first Ragnarok expires in 6 days...

any of those I NEED to to figure out a way to keep? On paper none of them look like rockstars.
  • KGB
    If you are up to 3 3* Storms then you should find a way to roster her by dropping another 4* not named Elsa (unless you are in a weak alliance and can't get more covers for her there).
    You also need to find a way to earn a bunch of HP in a hurry to roster at least 1 more if possible.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    KGB said:
    If you are up to 3 3* Storms then you should find a way to roster her by dropping another 4* not named Elsa (unless you are in a weak alliance and can't get more covers for her there).
    You also need to find a way to earn a bunch of HP in a hurry to roster at least 1 more if possible.
    KGB
    I have to search for how to earn HP. It has been REALLY slow lately. 

• Tanglefoot
    So, how do you complete the task “complete 6 daily missions”. I completed every mission in savage kand except the one where red guardian is required since I don’t have him. I completed all the DDQ I am capable of - which is 3. I won about 10 battles in versus. I completed the prologue, defeating Ragnarok for the 5th time. It was way more than 6, but it shows me stopped on 5 missions. Is it impossible until like 6-9 months down the road when I can progress in DDQ, or do more missions in DDQ even count? I don’t see what other missions are available, especially since nothing is called “daily” except DDQ.
  • DAZ0273
    @Tanglefoot Forgive me if already mentioned but are you in an Alliance yet? If not then try and find one ASAP because we have a boss event coming up (Battle at the Basillica) where Elsa is a reward to be earned by Alliance progression! If your Alliance can beat at least round 5 that is a guaranteed Elsa cover. There is also 2* Black Widow and 2* Bullseye available as rewards for progress which might contribute to whether you want to roster him or not - he is not great but it would mean a few guaranteed covers on a 2 for you - if you don't have Widow rostered then you might struggle to take part but if you do then you can at least contribute to the event and share in the rewards.
  • DAZ0273
    KGB said:
    The upcoming Alliance event - Battle at the Basilica will have Elsa Bloodstone as the round 5-7 rewards.
    If you are (or can get) into a decent alliance that can finish round 7 then you will snag 3 more covers for her giving you 4 covers. At that point she's worth keeping on your roster even if she's not a meta 4*.
    KGB

Sorry missed this - what KGB said!