Finished prologue except ragnarok. Nothing to do now?

Options

Comments

• lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's always too early to toss 2* characters, you need those for champ rewards and essential nodes in PVE.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never toss your 2* (other than Bagman) since they are all needed for PvE and the champ rewards are good.
    You should not be opening more tokens of any kind until you have the hero points to roster a character you might get. In fact I'd suggest only opening standard / elite tokens and hoarding the rest unless you are willing to toss out 4* characters you get because 1 or even 2 covers for a 4* is essentially useless to you at your stage (exceptions made if you somehow get meta 4* like Juggs/Grocket/Polaris because those you can roster). You should be working on rostering the 3* right now.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My standard tokens are getting me more 1* Storm than everything else combined, but I am getting a **** ton of dr. Strange shards. In the last 3 days have champed 2* captain America, 2* wolverine, and 2* daken.
    entered newest event at SCL 4 - my enemies are already at level 115+ - while I have a total of 3 characters over level 90, and no one over 100, so chance I will get anywhere near finishing the event is 0% - have finished 3 or 4 of most the hard missions, but they wipe me out so I have to wait like 3 hours between missions to heal - used all my health packs earlier today. are the rewards for an event I MIGHT make the top 200 better than what I could get at SCL3 and a potential top 15 finish?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champ all your 2*, followed by champing these 3* in order: Dr Strange, Thanos, Wolverine, Hawkeye, 3* Grocket. 

Put your 4* favourite shards as Polaris beginning with this build: 0/1/0, 0/1/1, 1/1/1 then 1/5/1. 

You can get top 1/5/10 in SCL 5 easily after this. Who are you targeting your shards for 3* and 4* now?

Also, there's a certain method to optimally clear story events. Are you familiar with that? 
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Fwiw I read the guides which you guys pointed me too - VERY helpful. I am spending $0 and right now find the hardest parts being managing the health of the characters I want to use (working on how far can I push them and when do I NEED to heal to proceed?), and figuring out how I can get more hero points and get more roster spots. I posted a “my questions” topic back on the main page of this section.

I will eventually settle into a “how much do I want to play in a day” mode.

thank you very much for the guidance.
  • KGB
    Options
     are the rewards for an event I MIGHT make the top 200 better than what I could get at SCL3 and a potential top 15 finish?
    No. If you can legit finish T20 in SCL3, you are guaranteed a 2 2* Thor covers plus some 3* IM shards. A T100 in SCL4 is only 1 2* Thor cover and a T200 is only 3 standard tokens.
    So you are better off in CL3 if you can get a T20 finish.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The progression rewards for SCL 4 are much better:  more 3* shards, 4* shards and 15 cps. However, HP is reduced by 20.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Champ all your 2*, followed by champing these 3* in order: Dr Strange, Thanos, Wolverine, Hawkeye, 3* Grocket. 

Put your 4* favourite shards as Polaris beginning with this build: 0/1/0, 0/1/1, 1/1/1 then 1/5/1. 

You can get top 1/5/10 in SCL 5 easily after this. Who are you targeting your shards for 3* and 4* now?

Also, there's a certain method to optimally clear story events. Are you familiar with that? 
    I am targeting my 3* shards on dr, strange (targeting 3/5/5) no 3* thanos, Hawkeye or grocket yet. my 4* shards are going to iron fist. My 4* covers are iron fist, super skull, Elsa bloodstone, taskmaster and spider gwen. I have 2 iron fist covers and 1 of everything else
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Why Iron Fist? Just curious.
  • Tanglefoot
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Why Iron Fist? Just curious.
    It was my first 4* and I did not think any of my other 4* were better. Would you recommend one of the others?

and by “optimal method” you mean repeat everything while you get full points then let the timers run as long as you can before finishing. So, on a mission that allows 6 tries, it usually means you can get in 4 tries, assuming you can win them all (but at SCL4, I cannot even come close to beating all the fours). 

And, remember that you can still get points after the mission is full... the biggest problem with that for me is that the missions end at 6:00 am here, so that usually means I am finishing my last run 6 or 7 hours before that. Since most of the timers seem to be on like 36 hour cycles, you will never reach “full rewards” once any time starts on a 1 days event. I assume the timer is an obsolete convention from when the same events ran 2 or more days.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    KGB said:
     are the rewards for an event I MIGHT make the top 200 better than what I could get at SCL3 and a potential top 15 finish?
    No. If you can legit finish T20 in SCL3, you are guaranteed a 2 2* Thor covers plus some 3* IM shards. A T100 in SCL4 is only 1 2* Thor cover and a T200 is only 3 standard tokens.
    So you are better off in CL3 if you can get a T20 finish.
    KGB
    In 2 days of the last event I was ranked #3 and #7 in SCL 3. I MIGHT fall in the top 200 in SCL 4 - it will be close. I have gotten pretty much all the points I can get - the enemies in the missions are simply too high a level for me to win unless I get REALLY lucky with the gem drops.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Polaris or 4* Rocket would be a good choice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The “best” starter 4* team for you to chase is likely going to be Polaris/Rocket/Juggernaut. With that team you could do 4x of the easy nodes in even SCL 10 of story mode on a single swipe. Rocket had a feeder in 3* Rocket, and Juggernaut is a secondary drop from I think Magneto, and Polaris has no feeder, so I imagine you could finish them fastest in that order. But targeting their feeders means departing from Sr Strange etc, so maybe consider doing that after you have a good 3* team to work with.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    After Polaris came out, I didn't touch Juggernaut since then. The risk with targeting Polaris is that she might be nerfed by then. Depending on whether TS hoards his tokens and how competitively he plays, it might take him 9-12 months to champ Polaris.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    The good news is that Rocket + Gaurdian of the Galaxy (any flavor) + Juggernaut can still do it. My early clear team in SCL 10 is still G4mora/Juggernaut/Rocket unless I need to grind Gladiathor down to 50% health, in which case I'll use Thano5/iHulk/Thor until he's where I want him. I only use Polaris on Challenge Nodes, and even then I'd prefer a faster team if I have one that can do it.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I used Th5nos instead because he can stun Hand and prevent them from putting out attack tiles. The other reason is because I'm lazy to switch between Th5nos and Juggernaut. 

Currently, pvps for 2* and 3* land is quite a challenge. Imagine having to deal with 5* Deadpool or latest 5*, Kitty, iHulk (green cover), Polaris, Karnak, Juggernaut while climbing.

And MMR includes boosted levels of featured characters. For example if your baby champed 3* (Lvl 166) is featured, his boosted level will be around 290. So, the game will throw you baby champed 4* (Lvl 270) as one of your opponents, and they are mostly champed Polaris or R4G. 
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    I currently have 13 3* characters. Only 4 of those have more than 1 cover. Dr. Strange and iron man 40 both have 4 covers, iron fist and luke cage both have 2. So, I am a LONG way from being competitive in 3* land. And doctor strange is only at 4 because I favorited him and used shards to make him 1/0/3 instead of the 1/0/0 he dropped as.

I now have 3 champed 2*. Daken 101, captain America 99, and wolverine 98. It’s not like I specifically targeted any of them - those are just the covers I drew. Everyone else is level 78 or lower, so even in 2* land I get thin quick.

at SCL4 I can finish very few nodes in an event. Have been completing about half the hard #4 missions, and not a single 5. In first night I finished #178, and probably played 3-4 hours that day to get there. In SCL3 I finished #3 and #7 - still probably 3+ hours per day, so not sustainable.

my 4* are Elsa bloodstone 1/0/0
    iron fist 1/0/0
    spider-gwen 1/0/0
    super skull 1/0/0
    taskmaster 0/0/1
    i have favorited iron fist and have 24 shards for him. I also somehow have 23 shards for super skull - not sure where they came from. Should I be putting them somewhere else besides iron fist? Are any of the others clearly more functional? Super skull seems like he has interesting skills, but I don’t know how valuable any of them will be in 4* land - by the time I worry about maturing 4* characters, these 5 may not even matter.

hero points have become REALLY hard to come by - earned 130 in the past week, even finishing in the top 10 twice...

And, I feel like an idiot. I opened too many tokens while I was distracted and now have the following 3* characters sitting in my queue to expire in the next 10 days - yes I learned my lesson and have stopped opening anything above elite, and no more tacos. I had been opening so many 2* that by the time I realized I had a bunch of 3* characters sitting there it was too late. Now I am sitting on another 4 heros and 2 tacos until I have a free roster spot. My finger REALLY wants to open them for something cool.
    3* ragnarok
    3* storm
    3* mystique
    3* gamora
    3* angel
    3* daken

any of those I REALLY need to try to make room for?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    At this stage I don't think you need to necessarily make room from any of them specifically, but don't sell them, just hang on to them if you need them in a pinch.

• KGB
    edited January 2021
    Options
    None of those 3* are meta.
    On the other hand, you have rostered Taskmaster. He's a limited character with essentially ZERO value to you (it's impossible to get his covers/shards except during certain times of the year). You can drop him and make room for a 3* character.
    Rags/Storm/Daken aren't great but are fed by 2* (Moonstone/Storm/Daken) meaning you'll get extra covers/shards for those 3* once you champ the 2* I mentioned. I'd suggest rostering 3* Daken over Taskmaster since you already champed 2* Daken.
    You should strongly consider dumping Spider Gwen and Super Skrull since you may go 6+ months before you get another cover for them and in the mean time you could have plenty of covers for Storm/Rags.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Thanks again guys. Think I am understanding more, and don’t think I have made TOO many unrecoverable mistakes, but the advice definitely helps.

going back to SCL3 on the next event to hopefully get more 2* covers to flesh those out - even if I CAN win 80% of the matches in SCL4, I really need more 2* covers. Nice to see my score in the top 10 with players who have characters 200+ levels higher than mine - though it does seem odd to see players with multiple 5* characters who level 300+ competing in SCL3... I can only imagine there is a farming strategy which makes sense.

I dumped spider gwen, super skull and taskmaster - agree that single covers for characters who are MAYBE average is a waste of space, since I am quite a way from being productive with 4* characters. 
    Spider-Man is now my only 1*. Now have the 3 champed 2* and hoping for covers for mags, Thor, Hawkeye and storm.
    Picked up enough event shards for 3* Kamala khan that she is now 1/0/1 - dramatically more useful than 0/0/1. Only dr. Strange is favorited in 3* land, will prolly add a skill tomorrow at my current rate. still iron fist as a 4* favorite - I just don’t think bloodstone is better than iron fist. Added daken 3* from my opened token queue, though at 1/0/0 he is not much use right now. Also added captain America 3* from a happy finger heroic token Saturday pm.