Finished prologue except ragnarok. Nothing to do now?

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your short term goal is to champ all 2*, maybe not bagman. 

Your mid term goal is to
    1) get your shield ranking to 40 so that your daily quests will give you 10 4* shards every day. 

2) get your shield ranking to 47 so that you can unlock scl 8 in PvPs. If you can grind for 50 wins, you will be guaranteed 415 4* shards for that character.  Even if you don't have roster slot, you already have at least 1 cover of that 4*. 

As for HP, placement is key to speeding up your resource gains.

Probably by the end of the year, you would be ready for 4* land, with shards of 4* ready to be rostered at your fingertips.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    I am in an alliance. It appears almost all of them play daily, so seems active. They also drop a ton of team ups.

have done some PvP but it seems like once I get to about 4-5 wins all the teams available include at least 1 character at like level 230, which can usually wipe out my entire team with a sneeze. Finished 12th in a lightning round once and got a pile of iso but no tokens or HP.

my biggest problem in PvP is that I have only like 4 or 5 strong characters, and that lets me progress in the story, OR in PVP because I have to wait for the same characters to recover health before proceeding. It’s like, do a PVP battle, or maybe 2 missions from the story, then wait to heal. Repeat. I have not finished a story event yet, and doing PvP would mean I finish even less. I was just figuring that if my best PvP progress is like 5 wins I was better off getting story rewards.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did you know that if you have fewer than 10 health packs that they regenerate back to ten on a timer?

I thought they were finite for the longest time, if I used then they would  never come back, so I saved all the health packs I got. Turns out that wasn't a great idea, I was just gimping my ability to progress. Don't make the same mistake as me, you should try and always have fewer than 10 health packs. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With PvP are you joining early to get seed teams? With a loaner + 2* you should easily be able to beat the seed teams for some easy points/wins.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    If you are comfortable, you can post your alliance name followed by you IGN. If not, just take a screenshot of your roster. It seems like you climbed too early in PvP.

Timing is important in pvp. Alternatively, you can break up your wins into multiples of 3 or 5. 1 match is about 90 secs on average. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, how do you complete the task “complete 6 daily missions”. I completed every mission in savage kand except the one where red guardian is required since I don’t have him. I completed all the DDQ I am capable of - which is 3. I won about 10 battles in versus. I completed the prologue, defeating Ragnarok for the 5th time. It was way more than 6, but it shows me stopped on 5 missions. Is it impossible until like 6-9 months down the road when I can progress in DDQ, or do more missions in DDQ even count? I don’t see what other missions are available, especially since nothing is called “daily” except DDQ.

What does it say your 6 daily missions are? Click on that yellow icon and to read what they are.
    Mine typically are: do 25000 damage, win 3 story events, win 1 PvP battle, use a boost, use a teamup, use 3 healthpacks, buy something in a resource store. 6 of those 7 are chosen daily for me to do.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    KGB I figured out the “daily missions” thing this morning - all of them, including the “complete 6 daily missions” are on a “daily mission” tab.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Sigh. Work got in the way of play.
    used a $25 Xmas gift card to buy the $20 hp pack, then filled up my roster. Figure I am enjoying the game so $22 is not too much to pay the devs. Sitting on 7 hero tokens for now. Roster now at 36 slots.

yes. I run my health packs to 0 first thing in the morning, doing all the missions I can before I run out of health packs. Then once they get back up to 10 I’ll burn a mission or two and use it. Then I empty healthpacks again before bed, trying to squeeze in as many of the level 5 and 6 missions as I can.

was disappointed when I checked rankings for last “Hunt” event. I was able to creep just into the top 100 and picked up a Thor 2* cover. Picked up another couple from missions, and another from a standard token or from the one higher than but below hero. It was like 6 Thor 2* covers today - gave me enough to champion Thor 2*. 

THAT part was good but in the previous event I came in 3rd one day and 7th the next, and the total reward was 2x 2* covers. 3rd in “The Hunt” was like 2x iron man 3*, a pile of iron man shards, a heroic token, 3x Thor 2* covers, and 3x standard tokens. I wanted THAT. Guessing there are different levels of events.

in PvP I try to jump in early. I can usually get in 2, maybe 3 “gift” matches, then a couple close matches - like my 3 level 100s against 3 level 95-110s, then the matches become my 3 100s against 2 125s and a 237. Yeah, that ain’t happening, so I am done with the PvP, at usually 4 or 6 wins, since once my opponents jump up, they don’t come back down.

thank you for the guidance, I feel like I understand the game much better. 
  • KGB
    Options

in PvP I try to jump in early. I can usually get in 2, maybe 3 “gift” matches, then a couple close matches - like my 3 level 100s against 3 level 95-110s, then the matches become my 3 100s against 2 125s and a 237. Yeah, that ain’t happening, so I am done with the PvP, at usually 4 or 6 wins, since once my opponents jump up, they don’t come back down.

If you want to play for wins (and with what you are facing and what your roster is, that's what you should do) in order to get more rewards for reaching the wins threshold you can do the following.
    Enter a battle and then immediately retreat. This will cost a bit of health and lower your score. Do it a few times (4-5 or more) to lower it and then you'll be presented with easier matches that you can win. Once your score creeps up you can rinse and repeat.
    I used to have to do this when I was moving from 3* to 4* land and I could not get past 650-700 points but I could get the 40 wins I needed for the 4* cover. It would take 3-4 sessions of retreating to lower my score by 200ish points before I'd get a match I could win.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It seems like you did not use the skip button, those 270 are 1-3 covers 5*, or those are retaliation nodes.  You can use the skip button to cycle your opponents. Since you seems to be in 2* land, you can cycle through champed 2* roster to level 80-100 4* characters. 
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    I had pressed the skip button once, but when i reopened the node on the vs page, it looked like the same exact enemy team so was confused what it was for an had none ressed it again. I tried again yesterday after your advice - lost a couple matches then cycled “skip” until I got a team closer to my level. I did that for a while through early evening. Lost a few battles, but eventually got in 10 wins on one of the vs challenges - ended up earning HP, an elite token, a hero token, and a standard token.

Overall it was a successful day. After I bought the HPs, I picked up another 120HP or so, dropped like 450 dr strange shards (at 2/2/4 he is wicked), picked up enough good 2* covers I was able to champion Thor, Magneto, and Ares - so probably a good 11 or 12 covers. Also added a pile of 3* to my roster from my pending queue. I keep getting new 3* dropping in the standard tokens - now have She-hulk, Spider-Man bagman, Angel, and Black Panther all waiting for roster spots - all from Standard tokens - thought I was safe opening standards with as many 2 and 3 * covers as I already had.
  • KGB
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Dr Strange is argueably the best 3* in the game so no surprise that at 2/2/4 he's very good for you. Strange, Iron Fist and Luke Cage got me through 3* land in PvE and PvP.
    Regarding standard tokens, there is a 3.5% chance to get a 3* cover from one so if you've gotten a bunch lately you've been on a hot streak. It's about 12% chance to get a 2* cover but those you need plenty of so it's good you are getting those.
    Lastly, you absolutely 100% did not get a Spiderman Bagman cover from tokens. He is a limited character who only comes from winning matches in PvP. He's not worth rostering at all given your HP shortage and plenty of characters in your queue. Are you sure you didn't get the 3* Spiderman?
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    Yes I feel I am dropping a high amount of 3* for the standard tokens I am opening - but it seems like it has been a LOT of standard tokens recently. Probably because I have been doing more PvP instead of the Prologue and the Prologue probably drops fewer tokens.

I believe you are correct that bagman came from a PvP match reward. It is possible it dropped right in my queue instead of showing up as a standard token. Pretty sure one of my Thors came from a PvP match as well - I want to say the Thor showed as a reward at the end of the match, but I actually got it from grabbing a standard token - completely possible it was already in my queue and the one in the standard token was a second Thor... actually, it sounds like that is more likely. My point in saying “all standard tokens” was that I have not opened anymore heroic, elite, or specialized tokens like tacos or from “the Hunt” tokens - so, everything else came directly from missions or standards. Sitting on 14 heroic tokens right now, which I want to open so badly...

I played a couple PvP matches over lunch today. Used the “skip” function on really bad matchups, but paid hard attention to the team I was skipping. Several times when I “skipped” a team, that same team was still there when I tried the node again. Not every time, but several - maybe 20-25% of the time. I also realized that it will only let you skip a few before it charges you ISO to skip. Up to 16 wins in the Shield Simulator. Only 1 in the Predator and Prey, black panther themed PvP before opponents dramatically outclassed me. I have been unable to find another match with a player who has a black panther under rank 200 or so, when mine is at 145, so I skipped until they want to charge me to skip, and every potential match included teams with characters 100 or more levels above mine so am probably done with the event after 3 losses followed by 1 win.

• KGB
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Don't open the heroics until you have hero points to roster at least 1 character. Then you can start opening them until you hit a new character to roster. Since you probably still have several in your queue to roster that might be a while. It's incentive to play more :smile:
    The reason you can't find any more matches in Predator & Prey is because the event just opened. Hardly anyone has signed up for it yet because they are still finishing Hollow Point Kiss (this is why you saw the same few teams repeatedly). Over the next 3 days, more and more players will enter the event. The more that enter, the more players you will have a chance to match up against that you can beat. So for now, you are done for today with Predator & Prey but you should absolutely check back tomorrow and Sunday for more matches.
    KGB
    P.S. One other thing to note. Since you just spent money on the game, you get 30 days of bonus rewards. These come from winning a battle in PvE. I think you can get 6-8 per day and they randomly come after winning. These can reward tokens (elite/heroic), hero points (up to 100), command points, ISO etc. So you should be getting extra resources right now. At the end of 30 days, you'll stop getting those. Many players then spend 1.99 which is the minimum purchase in the store to get another 30 days of bonus rewards. If you are going to stick with the game it's well worth you spending 1.99 a month to get those rewards because it will net you a lot of bonus resources.
    P.P.S. Now that you have much stronger roster, you should go back and finish the prologue (each node can be beaten 5 times). The Ragnarok node especially has 2 rewards of 100 hp and the Dark Avengers one has 150 hp. You want to make sure you get both of those. Several other nodes have smaller amounts (10 hp type) or covers. You should go back and finish all those nodes to get the covers and the HP. You will eventually finish them all for the ISO as you run short on ISO
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    KGB. 
    Yes once I championed a couple 2* I was able to go back and beat Ragnarok, so now I really DO have the entire prologue complete - all repeats too.

and yes, I believe I picked up at least 2 covers today from the bonuses. Also picked up a 50 pack of dr. Strange shards, and a 3* Thanos cover from PvP rewards. If I can’t buy another roster spot before he expires I will prolly sell my 4* iron fist to make room for him. Finished 20 wins on the shield simulator during my meeting with marketing this afternoon. It felt way more productive than the meeting...

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Options
    If you'd noticed, there are two colours that can be found in PvP nodes: red and yellow.

Red = retaliation node. Players who queued you and won the match will show up as red. Sometimes you will see champed 4* or 5* in red nodes. This normal. They usually show up when you hit over 750 points in pvps or they broke MMR and they are able to see you. You don't need to pay skip tax if you skip red nodes.

Yellow: your standard nodes. This will show more "normal" opponents. Depending on which scl you are playing, you can use this observation to see if you are attacking at the "wrong" timing. If your score is between 200 to 400 plus, and you are in top 30 position or better, you will likely to see harder opponents as you climb further. For SCL 7 and below, the top 10 scores are between 650 to 950 on average. So, usually, I play PvP 18-24 hours after my chosen time slice has begun. So, when I climb, I'm more likely to see "normal" opponents. Normal opponents for champed 2* or 3* MMR includes 1-3 covers 5* character, with levels up to 285.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    So a red node in PvP means someone who already eat me? I am really lost how matchmaking works then. My highest ranked characters are lvl 100, 101, and 105. The game just showed me I lost several matches. One of the red nodes include 2 characters at level 125 and like a level 270 Heimdal. MM must be only ranking wins and losses and ignore character levels.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Yes, someone queued you and beat you.

Typically, MMR takes into account of your time of entry into PvP, your points in PvP and the top 3 to top 5 of your characters' levels, and I strongly believe it includes boosted levels.  So, the game will show you opponents +/- 20% of your levels early in the game. 

MMR doesn't seem to include low level 5* with 1-3 covers. So, it's normal to see such teams because other new players opened their tokens or used their cps and got those 5*. I was seeing such teams when I first started in late 2017. 

As you climb higher up the leaderboard, you will meet players who are stronger than you. So, when you hit really high score like ~800 points, you will start seeing tough opponents until you hit a stop.

Based on my past experience, the highest score possible for each tier are approximately:

1) 2* land: 650-800
    2) 3* land: 800-900
    4) 4* land: 900-1000
    5) 5* land: 1000 and above

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And depending on what tier you're in, you'll see the same teams over and over again in your PvP events.  At least 80% of the Pick 2 teams I see in the 5-star realm are either Immortal Hulk (generally shortened to iHulk) and Okoye or Beta Ray Bill (BRB) and Kitty.
  • Tanglefoot
    Options
    I currently have 1030 points in the shield simulator and am ranked 22 with 24 wins.
    I tried earlier advice here to deliberately lose a couple matches when I consistently see higher level opponents. Now that I have finished the prologue I have been dropping into PvP this week.

having a harder time finding better matched enemies in the predator and prey event. I have lost more battles than I have won, but still ranked #3 with 235 points, and 7 wins somehow. Last night I was fighting an enemy who should have had no problem beating me but on my first turn I got one of those endless cascades that literally went on for like 30 seconds- wish that happened more often. The cascade alone killed his black panther, and fully charged almost all my characters’ powers.

experimenting with PvP teams. Usually end up with daken/wolverine/dr. Strange, or daken/Thor/dr strange. The magneto/Thor/storm team is great once it gets rolling, but I found dr. Strange’s ability to heal and hurt when the enemy uses their powers is invaluable, especially when my team starts with high health. Still, trying to experiment with teams with better color coverage.

and I was cleaning all the 1* covers from my queue and accidentally ALMOST sold my 3* Thanos, so I just sold my iron fist 4* from my roster so I could roster Thanos and not have to worry about it again. It sounds like Thanos is a good 3* to NOT accidentally delete...