grumbLEGO said:
    Day 4 bring your cyclops 

very easy!!
    Or Phoenix. 
    Or Magik 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    All valid ideas above...

...I did Cyclops and Magik -- worked well.  But I also brought Gamora, hoping to throw on a stun because I figured Hulkbuster would be sitting there eating the reds up.  Never got the chance to try it.  

Is Hulkbuster stunnable here?  It doesn't say that he's NOT in the description.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    I brought hulkbuster, nightcrawler,and cyclops thinking I'd fire off cyc yellow, or hb blue or nightcrawler purple once there was enough red. In the end the enemy HB fired it's blue and won the match for me.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    I brought Magik/Nightcrawler/Scorpion(3/3/3 lvl 70, just wanted a purple battery lol). I took one punch to the face, grew a little purple in the background, fired off Bamf! and took the win

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I brought hulkbuster, nightcrawler,and cyclops thinking I'd fire off cyc yellow, or hb blue or nightcrawler purple once there was enough red. In the end the enemy HB fired it's blue and won the match for me.

It did the same to me, after it hit me with a nuke of course.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Aye, this was pretty fun to figure out what might work and go for it. We need more "always available" event type content even if the rewards become distinctly underwhelming;as someone who fully embraces pvp I've still got downtime here and there (beat my whole queue & don't want to doubletap for instance), I can't imagine how little the pve onlys actually have to do.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    I haven't checked this thread since the event started, because I didn't want to read about other people's teams before I tried the nodes myself.

Feedback after finishing the event: Can we have more, please? So many possibilities to explore here, with different characters to set up different puzzles and different themes too.

Agreed, I loved it.  Please more of that.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too really enjoyed the event. I even liked the small, silly story and the holiday artwork. If it runs again I hope it gets expanded with at least twice as many puzzle nodes!
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I'd love to see this in a Gauntlet style pve with ever increasing challenges and difficulty  
  • PiMacleod
    Agreed.  I'd like more too.

I missed the last day!  I don't remember the last time I missed a part of a PvE event thing.  And of ALL things, it was one that I was having fun with!!  :tongue:

sigh.  I'd like another go, please.  :)
  • PiMacleod
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    You didn’t miss much. It was like the Kaecillius match where we could only damage them by matching strike tiles, but against Daken, Elektra and Dazzler.
    Okay, cool.  Thanks!  

...that sounds a bit easier than K-Silly...?  I mean, matching greens to force Strikes on the board?  Not to mention, just bringing our own K-Silly-Killers (the KSKs!).

I can see how Dazzler fits in there, too.  Kinda neat.  

Not to sound greedy, but what was the reward?
  • PiMacleod
    awwww.... a 4* cover and a vault token.  oh well.  Sounds pretty decent for, what, a 5 day event (5 nodes)?

Next time, Gadget, next time......
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    The least they could do is leave the event up a day or two after the last node goes live so we don't have to scramble to get the last day done. The new nodes went live at noon eastern standard time (17:00 GMT) so the last node was up for less than 24 hours (unless I actually missed a whole day there somewhere). I'm sure I had checked it before 17:00 GMT yesterday and the new node wasn't there and I got busy and forgot to check back later in the day. It kind of sucks that I missed out on the 4* HT but I guess it is what it is.