New Feature: Puzzle Ops

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    shardwick said:

Don't suppose that could also apply to the holiday Fan Favorites vault...
    There isn't one. It was a transcription error. Mentioned in the Holiday Plan thread and removed from the calendar.
    I know about that one. I was just saying a holiday Fan Favorites vault would be pretty cool.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    IceIX said:

[...]

In the example above, to win the match you need to have 36 of the tiles be Friendly Attack tiles, with a further modifier that new tiles that come on the board from your matches can spawn in as Attack tiles. This can be done however you want. Match tiles and get enough new ones, let Carnage use his ability on you to create more, use characters that create or steal tiles… the tactics and strategy are up to you.

Looking forward to that
    War Machine/2* Magneto/Polaris
    team shutting this one down pretty fast.
    I wonder if stuff like this wasn't the reason for the Danver5....adjustment? I sure wish we could get a little more intel on that change at some point, and figure out if she is going to get properly fixed rather than scrambled.

*edit - thanks for the Spoiler format tip @DAZ0273

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is awesome!!! Really looking forward to trying it out. As always, thank you all for your hard work! And happy holidays!
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Count me among those whose primary request with each survey has been to provide a new mode of gameplay that isn’t just the same battle mechanisms. 

My first exposure to the Puzzle Quest franchise was with Puzzle Quest Galactrix more than ten years ago, and one of the things that I liked about that game was the variety of different puzzles that different modes offered up.

While it doesn’t look like this new mode is likely to stray quite as far from the basic formula as Galactrix did, this is a huge and welcomed step in that direction. 
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    So exciting and a great way to give MPQ even longer legs!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks like it could be varied and a lot of fun. I also like the fact that there's a story tab on the fight screen that's separate from the mechanics of the puzzle. I'd rather read a little blurb of story by itself than "Oh no! Carnage is attacking the Statue of Liberty with an army of symbiotes. Stop him before he topples this beloved National Monument! Also, have 36 friendly attack tiles at once!" A minor thing to be sure, but I appreciate it all the same. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    OJSP said:
    Looking forward to that (redacted) shutting this one down pretty fast.
    Could you put that in spoiler, please?
    I just redacted it, i can't find the Spoiler formatting anywhere.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Looking forward to that (redacted) shutting this one down pretty fast.
    Could you put that in spoiler, please?
    I just redacted it, i can't find the Spoiler formatting anywhere.

Click on the format down arrow button (sixth across in posting menu), it is bottom option.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoiler - Talos sucks!

6 characters

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magnificient. I noticed there is a window called history and other puzzle. 
    I hope in that story window it could be there the usual funny deadpool comments.
    This is a new feature full of creative potential and I applaud your efforts.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Devs!!! This looks like a lot of fun.

2020 was such a terrible year in so many ways, so it's a delight to be ending it with some great MPQ improvements.

- saved teams and roster filters
    - quests (really helps targeted progress)
    - puzzle content YAY!
    - Polaris - she is just _awesome_. So flexible, and greatly increases the number of different teams I play. Best char in the game, IMO.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor

- Polaris - she is just _awesome_. So flexible, and greatly increases the number of different teams I play. Best char in the game, IMO.

As much as I can agreee, Polaris is also, IMO, THE WORST thing this year that has happened to PVP in 4* land. I see less variety since her release and almost all the teams are featuring her making PVP more skippable than ever it was for me.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    IceIX said:
    Uber_mpq said:
    pheregas said:

Any hint on when this going live?
    That’s my burning quest-ion
    To mis-quote Annie from 'Annie':
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, you'll play it, tomorrow.

But which dollar from my stack should I be willing to bet on this proposition?  The top dollar?  A middle dollar?
    Also. Puzzle = good.  So dedicated puzzle mode is great in the abstract.  Curious to see the implementation.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Day 1 was pretty basic, I'll be curious to see how they escalate over the course of the event. It's a fun change of pace.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Day 1 was pretty basic, I'll be curious to see how they escalate over the course of the event. It's a fun change of pace.
    I brought my own C&D, but must admit I was a little shocked seeing their HP. I thought it was going to be a short match, but luckily their match damage was normal. Probably they have high HP to be able to survive long enough for us to get the needed black tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    I brought GE Doom/Domino, it was over quickly enough for me. I may go back in and try to knock down all that health though, just to see what happens.
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I brought GE Doom/Domino, it was over quickly enough for me. I may go back in and try to knock down all that health though, just to see what happens.
    You lose if you kill c&d before getting 18 black.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ed5566 said:
    You lose if you kill c&d before getting 18 black.
    Yeah, just did it with Okoye/Profe$$or X and it was kind of underwhelming lol. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Domino/OBW works perfectly.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    That was fun, used the loaners and won, tried again with Killmonger/Apoc (m two highest characters) to play around and experiment. It is hold 18 Black AP at once, because when I spent black the counter went down. Was about to win when C&D went down to a passive power before I could make the final black match was at 16/18.

Loads of fun!