New Feature: Puzzle Ops

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards
    Domino/3* Iron Fist was no probs.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Day 1 was pretty basic, I'll be curious to see how they escalate over the course of the event. It's a fun change of pace.
    I brought my own C&D, but must admit I was a little shocked seeing their HP. I thought it was going to be a short match, but luckily their match damage was normal. Probably they have high HP to be able to survive long enough for us to get the needed black tiles.
    Which I didn’t love. I don’t want that handicap. I used Domino and Hood thinking part of the challenge of using Doom would be killing them with match damage before getting the 18 needed. 

I’m curious if the AI gets 18 before you, do they win?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Oh my god, finally an excuse to use Domino.

I like this game mode!  I'm not going to pretend it was hard or anything, but changing things up is always great, so thanks for that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Anybody track how many turns it took them? I did it in 7 turns with Nightcrawler/Domino (i never got to get the board to mostly black for Bamf! like I hoped; i'm wondering if 3* Fist isn't faster)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Did it in 5 turns with 5torm/Domino - those black charge tiles really help maximize your matches.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Domino/Nightcrawler worked like a charm
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    C&d never stopped matching black before me, so I had to punish her and stun her.
    It was funny and relaxed and her scl10 health let me use my best ones.
    I love when the story and versus windows are filled with screens.
    About loaned characters I think this is not the same as nightly deadpool games where I wanted a restricted  loaned selection for a more challenging experience because this mode is more open to tactical team creation.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Dogface said:
    Day 1 was pretty basic, I'll be curious to see how they escalate over the course of the event. It's a fun change of pace.
    I brought my own C&D, but must admit I was a little shocked seeing their HP. I thought it was going to be a short match, but luckily their match damage was normal. Probably they have high HP to be able to survive long enough for us to get the needed black tiles.
    Which I didn’t love. I don’t want that handicap. I used Domino and Hood thinking part of the challenge of using Doom would be killing them with match damage before getting the 18 needed. 

In that battle in particular, no. There are provisions to be able to set custom win/lose conditions though, so it's certainly possible that a battle could have something like Prof X, America Chavez, or someone very Passive and you lose if they AP up too high. :)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    This was fun but, I hope the difficulty ramps up soon.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to see each node have multiple clears where the next clear requires you to grab more blacks and the enemy levels up.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Dogface said:

In that battle in particular, no. There are provisions to be able to set custom win/lose conditions though, so it's certainly possible that a battle could have something like Prof X, America Chavez, or someone very Passive and you lose if they AP up too high. :)
    That’d be awesome! I’d have to break out Hood again lol. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    I'd like to see each node have multiple clears where the next clear requires you to grab more blacks and the enemy levels up.
    I like this idea.  Conditional rewards based on difficulty.  For the C+D one, getting higher amounts of AP before killing her gets more and more difficult per tier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Day 2 was similarly not that rough. I used Kamala and 5torm, but wasn't able to do it any less than 9 turns. You need to avoid cascades and color change the yellows rather than collect or break them if you want to minimize your turn count (which is a user-applied criteria, not part of the mission :smile: ).
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    That was a struggle for me.  I used Coulson and 5* Storm, and man I kept getting so close and then just when I eliminated them all 1 yellow fell.  Over and over.  Frustrating, but fun!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Day 2 was a lot trickier. Kamala helps the yellows turn green, but only 5 of them. So it's wait until you have 5 left or get enough purple to fire this power twice or more.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    I used Kamala and Domino.   Converted yellow to green and have Domino destroy non-black tiles.  I should have used Nightcrawler and Domino instead, probably would have been faster.  Fill the board with black.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think SWitch/Kamala would be a strong team for this, but I just flipped a max-champ Switch like last week, so mine only has 2 covers.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried using Nightcrawler's infinite a couple of times, but I always ended up with cascades that created more yellow. It was kind of annoying, because the match damage was so low that it went on forever.
    Finally, I broke down and used 5torm and Domino. Still took me way longer than the people above, but it got the job done.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried nightcrawler and switch to get lots of purple on the board and make nightcrawlers purple infinite.  It worked but the cascades kept brining in more and more yellow onto the board.  Finally gave up and used switch and 3 star black widow and used widow's purple to cover every yellow with green tiles.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used IM40 with Karnak. He put CDs on yellow tiles and when they goes off, the yellow tiles go off as well. Karnak is there to destroy remaining yellow tile. Make sure you have 20 red ap.