Fatal Attraction 26 - 29 MAY (Season 2)

12345679»

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I thought this would end in 12 hours and began watching Season 1 of the old X-Men animated series with impunity. Almost finished watching the episode where X-Men feat. Magneto kick Sentinels' butts and decided to score some points in PvE, second-to-last refresh and all. And then I noticed that Fatal Attraction ends in 24 minutes and I have a fantabulous score of 400+. Lol. Some grinding ensued.
    Damn you stupid sexy Magneto
  • Haha, I get so unreasonably angry when some dude in the 200s attacks me and when I check the retal a day later he's STILL in the 200s

IF YOU ARENT EVEN TRYING WHY ARE YOU STEPPING ON MY PUSH YOU TURD < icon_mad.gif >
  • gamar wrote:
    Haha, I get so unreasonably angry when some dude in the 200s attacks me and when I check the retal a day later he's STILL in the 200s

IF YOU ARENT EVEN TRYING WHY ARE YOU STEPPING ON MY PUSH YOU TURD < icon_mad.gif >
    I think it's not His fault really... it's the system.
  • volos wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    server bonky yet again it seems?

same for me. bye-bye all events. not holding out much hope for my final placement considering i'd JUST started my push from 500.

I guess joke's on me too. Been busy with work and RL so have had to join late and my 600 pts will require some mass grind during a looonnggggg bathroom break at work.

You managed to get me unshielded from the bathroom - solely because the server decided that it wouldn't let me buy a shield for 3 minutes when I was done and unless I restarted the app. Grrrr

Sorry Mikey. Figured you were shielded as you were my last fight to 1.1k.
  • If the server going down at T-4 hours is the price we have to pay to get rewards sent within 5 minutes, I'd like to go back to rewards taking six hours please
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Pst, Amanda, Atlantis: The Lost Empire is actually pretty good icon_e_geek.gif
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    So I finished a match with about 2 minutes to go for what would have been +25 except I came out of the match to "comm link disrupted" for the next 5 minutes. Then it tells me I didn't finish the match before the end of the event. I finished in 11th by 13 points. What are the chances contacting them will do me any good here? icon_cry.gif
  • Sometime after the event closed I was finally able to get in to see that I'd dropped -92 points to finish #116 and won a useless Wolverine cover. Thanks D3. Good job. Good effort.

• Sorry Mikey. Figured you were shielded as you were my last fight to 1.1k.

No problem - if the servers leave you a sitting duck someone's going to hit you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    This time it dropped me to one of those LAMER brackets. Seriously. At -6h #1 was at 920, zero people with 141s in t10, most with 85s, recall one guy with a 112 something... Sure everyone shielded.

Could have won with ease -- too bad the server issues started just as I put myself to actual play passing 800 only in the last hour where every last-minuter dragged me back, couldn't even get to 900. Shielded up after falling under 800 that was still good for #5 at the moment with ~30 min to go. In last 5 minutes several people started to play, so I also engaged but my second game finished too late, #6 with 820ish.

The "gentle nudge" still is in effect alright, as we guessed it really just creates a chance but the effect is brackets with way more and way less big rosters than would happen naturally -- in previous N tournaments I had more than 25 141 folks.

(I entered quite early, IIRC 5-6h into the tournament, just didn't play)

EDIT: correction: The Ladder teleported to #5 in the last minutes, so there were two of us really.
  • Well, I figured I'd try an experiment. I didn't really care about the PSY rewards (not that I don't need them, I just didn't care about them) and so I didn't shield. Went to bed last night with 12 hours to go, unshielded at 900+, and in 3rd in my bracket. Woke up this morning down to about 600, hit some retals for 700, went to work. Came home to 539 points for 92nd in my bracket.

Had I shielded last night I would have kept top 10 by 60 points, and with a defensive win in there would have been in top 5.

But... moral of this story seems to be that unless you're pushing at the last minute, shields are pretty much mandatory now. That's a shame. I feel like prior to season one I was able to put up scores in the 600-700 range and hold top 25 or 50 without a shield.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So my shield expired while servers were well and truly down.
    When I could reconnect, I tried playing a few rounds, however none of the points earned from wins were recorded. I was still able to be hit and lose points that way, and at one point my point total just dipped without any notification or retaliation showing up. Then when I tried to purchase a shield, all I could get was an error screen telling me that they were "unable to process the sale at that time". So I dropped from top 50 to top 250.

This is the final straw for me. I'm not optimistic for a positive response from CS, which is what I'm going to be waiting on now. But I realise that even if I am reimbursed for HP spent and points lost, what reason do I have to keep playing? What assurance do I have that it's not going to happen again? And it will happen again. Sticking around is only going to leave me broken hearted, so I figure I might as well ship out.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Well, this event was a nice exercise in humiliation for me. I usually score around 800 in PVPs, and have pushed to 900 a few times. With the new bracketing, this is no longer enough to get me top 10, but I figured I at least had a shot at top 50. Except I hadn't even reached 500 before I began to be constantly attacked by 141-level teams (my highest *** is lazy Cap at 128). Even if I skipped retaliations, all the opponents I saw were 141s. On top of that, the AI suddenly seemed to take a violent dislike to me and began showering my opponents with beautiful long cascades in their strongest colors. Six hours before the end, I was still below 500, so I just gave up. Oh well, at least I had no reason to spend HP on a shield. icon_e_sad.gif
  • 51st for the second event in the last 3.
    Story of my life right here.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Wound up 24th so I got the red and black covers I wanted - now I just need the 20K ISO to level up Betsy.
  • Having the server down at exactly the time I could play for my final push was brilliant, thanks D3. As an aside of course I couldn't even shield and ended up with 500-something points. Yay!

It's pretty annoying to now be matched exclusively against people who seem to have maxed or near-maxed the boosted character. It's one thing for that to happen with a character like IM40 or Hulk or Punisher who's been out for ages, but another to be playing against team after team after team with high level TurDaken.
  • Glad I shielded just before the server issues, my 911 points were enough for 2nd place. Cost me a little more in HP than I'd like as I screwed up one shield, but it was worth it for the 2 Psy covers. Still not sure whether to put ISO into her for her next event though, will see if she is boosted during the Simulator or not first.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Well, I figured I'd try an experiment. I didn't really care about the PSY rewards (not that I don't need them, I just didn't care about them) and so I didn't shield. Went to bed last night with 12 hours to go, unshielded at 900+, and in 3rd in my bracket. Woke up this morning down to about 600, hit some retals for 700, went to work. Came home to 539 points for 92nd in my bracket.

Had I shielded last night I would have kept top 10 by 60 points, and with a defensive win in there would have been in top 5.

But... moral of this story seems to be that unless you're pushing at the last minute, shields are pretty much mandatory now. That's a shame. I feel like prior to season one I was able to put up scores in the 600-700 range and hold top 25 or 50 without a shield.

Shields are mandatory for quite some time IMO unless you play the last minutes and compensate for the losses. I think this comes from two factors: 1/ big team getting too common and 2/ most people excessively shield (especially the under teams).

This results if you sit there with points, you're offered out way too much (before 2 your chances were much lower to start) and some of the many people who can beat you will actually engage and win. Yeah, skip tax adds a small bit too and remnants of MMR circles that limits excessive skipping.

So while your scary team of 141 LT/Hulk or whatever still gets a high skip ratio, the remains went from 0.2 to 2 per 5 minutes (made up figure) that will keep you sinking to a point range possible beaters already passed.