Fatal Attraction 26 - 29 MAY (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    volos wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    server bonky yet again it seems?

same for me. bye-bye all events. not holding out much hope for my final placement considering i'd JUST started my push from 500.

I guess joke's on me too. Been busy with work and RL so have had to join late and my 600 pts will require some mass grind during a looonnggggg bathroom break at work.
    During the heavy metal tournament I got knocked out of top ten by losing points while shielded. I was planning on hitting a PVE refresh this morning and might not hit 45000 without it. And I honestly probably wouldn't have hit 1100 this tournament but maybe I would have shut up you don't know

My point is THEORETICALLY I have lost three purple Daken covers due to d3p's incompetence. I'm a sad gamar
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was just starting my PVP this morning last few days insanely busy figured had 4-5hrs this morning to get on and get 600-700pts...guess D3 decided screwing people over is alot more fun!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been busy for most of the day taking my partner to the airport - he's got a job interview over in the US so ... it's a big deal for us. Lots of stress. To wind down I wanted to play MPQ this evening. Instead I've been locked out, basically stuck at the title splash screen. One error or "loading" message after another. icon_evil.gif

I'd played a few games in this tourney yesterday and a few more in the afternoon, don't have a clue what my score was. This evening I was going to clear some nodes in the PvE to maintain my top #10 rank, then get what points I could here.

Instead I've watched Atlantis : The Lost Empire for the first time ( conclusion = meh but my sister shared a bag of microwave butter popcorn with me through it so that was good!). While still seeing endless error and "loading" messages no matter how often I hard-kill the app.

I don't really care about the PvP, but the PvE... I've been putting a lot of time and effort into doing well there. To say that I am unimpressed right now would be a complete understatement.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems to be back up here.... at least on Android. Just came up just now

EDIT: and i mean that loosely... as it's still sluggish, and leadboards aren't working all that well, if at all.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I played the three matches I had but it didn't refresh more matches. After the third node, it closed Fatal Attraction for me. I can play LRs or Prodigal Son but Fatal Attraction is grayed out.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (un)Official MPQ server downtime statement (on the state of fixing the servers)!

demotivational-poster-Motivation%20-%20Office%20Space.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did +200 points worth of matches and not getting any points from them.

Sigh.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider-Man of 5DV.... you are right behind me in 2nd, but once I logged back in, I see your shield is down. Just FYI... seems to at least let you log in now. looks like you've already been hit for at least 20-30 points since last I checked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good thing i got up early before work and missed out on several hours of sleep just so i could get points in this tourney!

I believe this will be the third time my standing in a tourney has been wrecked because of server issues on their end (whether it's a DDOS or just their servers being busted.) At least i don't really _need_ the Psylocke covers. (Though i sure would like them.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got into the game about 5 minutes ago but... False alarm. I can sometimes see the leaderboards in everything (personal and alliance this time), but CANNOT PLAY A MATCH.

With 3 minutes left in the current lightning round I tried to play a match. I applied a health pack to Ares since I had 5 and he hadn't regained full health yet. All seemed well until I clicked to enter the match (the boost screen) :
    COULDN'T CONNECT
    Marvel Puzzle Quest requires a connection to the game server, and we couldn't reach it just now. Please connect to the internet or try again in a bit.

I tried several times, it wasn't a momentary glitch. Nor is it my internet (obviously) as my iPad has excellent 3G itself AND I also have my 4G phone wifi hotspot active *just in case*... Sooooo I guess I'm back to repeatedly hard-killing the app. And watching movies. And not playing MPQ. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To @Mauricio - sorry that I hit you twice in a row, I hope you're shielded. I skipped a few times and was matched to your team again. Other teams don't provide good points, and since I was going to reshield, I picked an easier match. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daetrinnn wrote:
    Good thing i got up early before work and missed out on several hours of sleep just so i could get points in this tourney!

I believe this will be the third time my standing in a tourney has been wrecked because of server issues on their end (whether it's a DDOS or just their servers being busted.) At least i don't really _need_ the Psylocke covers. (Though i sure would like them.)

At least the second for me - it's the exact same thing that happened to that tournament at the end of season 1 (Heavy Metal?), servers down during that crucial 4-5 hours left in a PvP. It is also the only time when I can reasonably play in the morning for a tournament with a noon-eastern end time because I have a job.

Right now I don't even have an idea how many points I lost overnight, and even if servers do come back right now I don't have the hour+ it might take to get myself into a reasonable position for a top 50 placement. I'm so glad that I'd spent the time getting to 500+ points and a top-50 ranking by last night so I can get hammered while unshielded and land another useless 2* cover after the servers come back on line while I'm in a meeting.

With the bracketing and competitive changes in the game it's been hard enough for my 2* roster to get into the top 50 for any 3* covers lately, having this happen when I've put the effort in to get into a reasonable competitive position is very discouraging.

D3 - 3* rewards are very, very broken as it is, but when you wipe out my already borderline chance at landing a single 3* cover after I put 2 days of effort into advancing in this tournament, all you do is make me want to delete your game.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    There was server problems? I've been popping in and out every couple of hours since about 12 hours before the close without any issues...

Yay for steam?
  • Unknown
    Options
    There are server problems now? I've been playing for the past hour or so without 'em.

And judging by the past few PvP events, I'm... never going to get into the Top 10 again. HOPEFULLY I can manage to stay in the Top 50 to at least get 1 Psylocke cover, but it seems like it's going to be... near impossible to make any sort of significant progress in transitioning my team to more 3* characters. Knowing that isn't really helping with motivation.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    There was server problems? I've been popping in and out every couple of hours since about 12 hours before the close without any issues...

Yay for steam?
    I had server issues on Steam as well. So maybe you're just lucky
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Did +200 points worth of matches and not getting any points from them.

Sigh.

I just had the same thing occur...completed maybe 6 matches and didn't get any points. I'm getting points now, but have missed out on 100 to 150 points due to this hiccup. Just a bummer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    volos wrote:
    tcourtney wrote:
    server bonky yet again it seems?

same for me. bye-bye all events. not holding out much hope for my final placement considering i'd JUST started my push from 500.

I guess joke's on me too. Been busy with work and RL so have had to join late and my 600 pts will require some mass grind during a looonnggggg bathroom break at work.

You managed to get me unshielded from the bathroom - solely because the server decided that it wouldn't let me buy a shield for 3 minutes when I was done and unless I restarted the app. Grrrr
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had some time on my way to work to play a few matches. Got about 13 or so in to get the 250 pts. needed for a top ten, but my points stayed at 600. Was hoping to get the 2 covers since I have none for her. I sent a ticket, what is the likelihood of either them giving me the points or cover I actually earned?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm beginning to think the closer a player is to the progression reward, the higher the chance to show up in other player's nodes.

I'm at 780, doing a fight. won, above 800, but immediately got info about attack. Then for the next 100pts I climb without any problem, and once again at 885 - I win, I get info, no 50HP for me.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey what's the worst that could happen?

ironman_dr_pepper.jpg