Faster Winfinite : BRB/Polaris + (4Thanos or 5Carol)?

Options
1235»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we use Blackbolt to replace C5rol? He deals more fixed damage for 10 green ap and his animation should be shorter than C5rol's because he destroys only the middle 2 rows. This also means that you can predict the minimum number of blue/ap gained per use.  10/16 protect tiles shouldn't be difficult to achieve.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You can, you just need protects on the center two rows which may or may not happen early in a match
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I tried Juggernaut today on the Challenge Node with carbage/horror/devastator, and it only worked on clear one. I reverted to BRB/Th4nos/Polaris and it's better, but not nearly as reliable as using Danver5 was. I wiped a bunch of times. I ended up switching to XFW for clear 4, and did it by the skin of my teeth. The issue was 
    A- carbage taking multiple turns immediately against this team
    B - Polaris seeding the board with strikes early in the match when I led off with the stun to shut carbage down creating a false- paradise of specials on the board that took time to overcome with Protects

BRB ends up tanking everything, so if you can't get the engine moving in time he'll just eat it and you're done.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried Juggernaut today on the Challenge Node with carbage/horror/devastator, and it only worked on clear one. I reverted to BRB/Th4nos/Polaris and it's better, but not nearly as reliable as using Danver5 was. I wiped a bunch of times. I ended up switching to XFW for clear 4, and did it by the skin of my teeth. The issue was 
    A- carbage taking multiple turns immediately against this team
    B - Polaris seeding the board with strikes early in the match when I led off with the stun to shut carbage down creating a false- paradise of specials on the board that took time to overcome with Protects

BRB ends up tanking everything, so if you can't get the engine moving in time he'll just eat it and you're done.
    Yeah, I had to revert back to Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora to get the job done here.

In the end, I guess it's good to have multiple Challenge-Node-clearing teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    If you have any support like Lucky that true heals whenever you match friendly special tiles, you want to equip it to BRB to see if it helps with his survivability.

I might want to try BRB/Polaris and Spider-Ham with Peni support equipped the next time I jump into SCL 10.  A 75% chance of stunning a random opponent for two turns whenever they match your friendly tiles is pretty good, given how easily the board can be flooded with this new meta team.

• PiMacleod
    Options
    @HoundofShadow I use Carol Communicator on BRB -- extra protects, still provides some healing.

I got Lucky on my 5* Iceman -- you know how many specials he puts out?!  Plus it mitigates the damage he takes from his yellow passive.  ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Talking about Lucky, everyone gets a R2 Lucky support when they log in today.

For Iceman, I say, easily 10 special tiles on the board.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Talking about Lucky, everyone gets a R2 Lucky support when they log in today.

For Iceman, I say, easily 10 special tiles on the board.
    lol... i wasn't asking for a guess... but it's fair to do so, given the nature of text.

I usually team him with half-Thor lately, so plenty of specials.  :)  then again, I'm not one to chase placement rewards, so here i am, just playin' around. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    5torm with a 3/5/5 build is a serviceable Danver5 replacement at the 5* tier, you just have to be judicious the first few times you fire your green that you’re getting maximum protect destruction or cascade chaos from it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    So I've officially replaced Danver5 with 5torm on my saved team list. Today in the absence of Carbage (3* Doom/Teisatsu/Thug) I think any of these characters would work fine. 5torm is just a bit more tactical than Danver5 or certainly Th4nos, but since you can manipulate the board on 2 colors (green and yellow) you do have more cascade generation options early in the match. You just have to be careful when you fire green that you'll be clearing out a color with 10 protects on the board - it's generally pretty easy to give it the ol' squint test and see which color feels like the most prevalent. But you'll never be doing what the others do and generating enough green to fire off BRB as well in the same turn, so it may ultimately take a bit longer to finalize the match.

• PiMacleod
    Options
    Yeah, as much fun as that sounds (cascades and all that... I like those teams), I think I'll stick with Th4nos.  The ability to just "fire n forget" works rather well, especially with as much time as this game demands.

...that, and I'm definitely not close to a champed St5rm.  :tongue:
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m not in 10 yet, so keep that in mind.

I think 3* Storm gets overlooked here. I have a 1/1/1 Th4nos, so she is my usual 3rd. Carnage is likely faster, but TBH, anything under SCL10 is likely faster with Pocket Juggs. With 3* Storm, you get to collect all the AP from her green, all the TU AP from her yellow (which can help when trying to accomplish a certain daily quest) and she’s just not squishy enough to take some hits. Th4nos has the edge on damage and clear speed, but 3 Storm seems to go winfinite faster without  the worry of her 2* version or baby Juggs.