Faster Winfinite : BRB/Polaris + (4Thanos or 5Carol)?

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
I know it probably depends on the situation, but since I don't have a very good covered 5Carol, was curious which winfinite was faster?  BRB/Polaris/4Thanos definitely gets the job done but there's a lot of clicking and waiting and clicking and waiting.  That said, shouldn't be too disappointed to take out the CE nodes in SCL10 without too much problem (depending on the initial board).

For those who have both, is 5Carol significantly faster than 4Thanos?  Thanks!

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nope. Th4nos is the better choice. Significantly faster given you aren’t dealt a bad board.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have typically used 5* Carol and here is why.  

Thanos for 12 AP will destroy 32 tiles and up to 11620 damage at my level 303.

Carol will help me generate green and do 7400 damage at level 464. On her 2nd clear of the board is where the damage can pick up.  I will typically do another 40k damage not counting cascades.

Carol also has more health and can survive longer if you have a bad board.

now for animations Thanos might be faster I have never timed it.  I will also say this if Thanos is boosted I would probably choose to use him as his destruction will be a lot more.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    See my post (2nd to last on the page) for a long write up on why I thought I liked 5* Carol better but have now exclusively switched to 4* Thanos

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81334/daredevil217s-5-character-ranking-and-analysis-updated-9-20-2020#latest
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks so much!  Didn't realize that info was in another thread.  Appreciate all the thoughtful writeups.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another team I have experimented with is BRB/Polaris/Thing. Make a match that sends Polaris to the front in the first round (purple), have Thing create more protect tiles and use his green (set to 5) for the infinite loop.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another team I have experimented with is BRB/Polaris/Thing. Make a match that sends Polaris to the front in the first round (purple), have Thing create more protect tiles and use his green (set to 5) for the infinite loop.
    Hmm, that did not work for me. Maybe because my Polaris is only level 270 and the other two tanks for her. I retreated since after a while all my attacks gave -1 damage and the MO:s did grave damage to my team. I still prefer Gritty+Polaris, that will soon fill the board with specials and Kitty removes hard to match enemy specials.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like using them with 3* Storm, you gain 14 aps on top of those generated by BRB, and She can help you to generate teamup tiles, if you like to use teamup a lot.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It’s not winfinite per se, but it’s mechanically identical to swap out Th4nos/Danver5 for G4mora. You get the stun lock going real quick, and deadliest woman is hyper reliable with how fast Polaris floods the board.
  • helix72
    Options
    It’s not winfinite per se, but it’s mechanically identical to swap out Th4nos/Danver5 for G4mora. You get the dry lock going real quick, and deadliest woman is hyper reliable with how fast Polaris floods the board.
    That's interesting @ThaRoadWarrior. Have you tested it much on SCL 10? Do you like it better/is it faster than using Th4nos? I could see that it might be because you can stun 2 for 6 AP and it creates 2 specials when you do so. Plus it fully kills an enemy when the Purples have all specials on them instead of needing to fire a power over and over and over.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    i did clear 3 of the Dp vs MPQ sub 1 challenge node with it, but got stomped on Clear 4 the first time i attempted it. that's the BRB/Thorkoye node; took a Clash of the Worthy to BRB's face. I could have jumpstarted it with +2 blue, +2 all going in, that would make it more reliable I guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I went in and did clear 4 on that node without much trouble using +4 to blue. It is definitely faster, it’s sort of a hybrid of Coulhawk+G4mora and BRBolaris/Th4nos in terms of how you play it. It was decidedly faster than either once the stun lock came into play. I’m still not certain that Danver5 wouldn’t take less time just from the amount of damage she is putting out, but I have 90-ish shards to go before she is fully covered to put it to the test.

there may be some supports that could speed it up, I’m not sure. I have a 2* Carol’s Communicator on BRB and a 3* Milano on G4mora, and nothing on my 4/4/4 Polaris at the moment.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone try 4* Carnage instead of Carol or Thanos yet? 

8 green for tile destruction is the cheapest option I think. 

Im going to give it a try next round of clears.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Somebody mentioned it in one of the threads. I’d be curious if the flood of Attack tiles didn’t compete for space with the protect tiles you need to actually generate the green and blue you’re after. Danver5 generates green off strikes, and BRB does his blue/green off of protects. But C4rnage seems like he would be making a problematic number of attacks, and not destroying enough tiles to me. I’ll be interested to hear how it goes for you though.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Your correct. The attack tiles slows down the process. Basically another effective winfite, eventually, but def a slower one.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only have 4*Thanos, but one thing I didn't realize at first, but do all the time now, is that because his green gives you 30 AP, you can fire BRB's green once in between each time. (And his blue 5 times if you wanted).

So once it's going, I keep alternating between Thanos and BRB green. That 34k damage makes the matches much faster than only doing Thanos' green over and over.
  • helix72
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that firing Bill's Blue is also worth while, so each turn goes like this:

Step 1: Fire Thanos Green.
    Step 2: If you have at least 24 Green, then fire BRB Green, else move to Step 3
    Step 3: Fire BRB Blue as many times as possible (you can reliably do this 4-5 times once the board is full of protects)
    Repeat steps 1-3

Since Bill's Green hits for 8500 x 4 vs 12467 x 1 for his Blue, if the enemy in front has <= 8500 I will rotate to another enemy before firing more Blue. Less damage wasted.

I haven't gotten so exact as to break it down to DPS, but any board shuffle power often takes a few seconds to resolve (longer the more cascades it causes) and Bill's blue takes no time at all to fire, especially since by that point there are no blue tiles to put his CD on that don't already have specials on them so you don't even have to wait for that.

Some alliance mates and I have been testing using Gamora vs Th4nos. We have not reached a consensus. No matter who you choose, so much is dependent on how soon and how often you can match protects that it's hard to get a 1 for 1 comparison. I cleared the SCL 10 Deadpool vs Villains challenge node in 90 seconds today using Th4nos, but I got really lucky with extra protects (thanks to Carol's Comm) and an immediate ability to match protects (opening match-5 with a protect that led to a cascade that destroyed more protects). On turn 2 I fired Th4nos Green and the AI never got another turn.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    In my testing... it's much slower.
    Carol's green does more than 3x damage (for me) than Thanos's green and more than 4x the damage than BRB's blue.  I could fire Carol's green every time, or the other's for less.

On average:
    Carol's Green: ~33000 damage
    BRB's blue: 7647 damage
    Thanos green: Hard capped at 11802 damage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    @abmoraz
    How does it compare to BRB/G4mora/Polaris for speed?
  • helix72
    Options
    For my lvl 452 BRB, lvl 450 Carol, and lvl 292 Th4nos:

BRB/Carol:
    Fire Carol Green ~ 26K (I'm not sure why your Carol was doing so much more damage than mine)
    Fire Bill Blue 5 times = 5 x 12467 = 62,335
    Repeat
    Total 88K per "round"

BRB/Thanos:
    Fire Thanos Green = 10,672
    Fire Bill Green = 34,000
    Fire Bill Blue 5 times = 5 x 12467 = 62,335
    Repeat
    Total 107K per "round"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    How much longer does a “round” take to resolve firing all that blue compared to just not doing it between the two? I feel in my heart doing bigger damage in single chunks (Danver5) should take less time than Bill’s multihits even if the single hits are doing as much, but I’m curious.