***** Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) ***** - An MPQ Original Character

Options
12346»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Finding in PvAI his Okoye enhanced Blue passive s a heavy hitter. Add a third teammate who adds the enemy’s strongest color to the board and you get some killer cascades 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding in PvAI his Okoye enhanced Blue passive s a heavy hitter. Add a third teammate who adds the enemy’s strongest color to the board and you get some killer cascades 
    This should not surprise anyone who has run 2099 with okoye.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did see a video and DP seemed to work well with a Professor X, Onslaught team.  It gives 3 passive damage and lots of cascade potential.  DP stun and black has good value.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Polares said:
    I am pretty disappointed, I think he is going to be another okeish 5 that sadly I will only use when featured.
    His black is decent and in scl10 can be pretty useful, the problem is that he is very squishy and tanks a lot pf colors over Okoye. With Apoc is different BUT they share red and black as active colors, so why bring him over BRB or Thor? And as a third I dont see him being more useful than SB or Polaris.
    In PvP, absolutely no reason to use him over the other meta chars. Maybe as a third in shield? But probably not even there.

I dont see him bringing anything really interesting to the tier (at least HD, OMD or Killmonger do something “new”). He also doesn’t have a good partner to make him shine.

Since Apoc we have had a series of decent but ultimately forgettable chars (5 already?), if we dont get somebody good/great soon I am going to lose the interest completely :(
    I think you are underselling the recent releases a bit. If  the PvP meta becomes dependent (1) on a character or team that relied on tile spamming (a la fistbuster or oml/Phoenix), then KM will become meta as the best 5* counter, or (2) on fortified tiles then heimdall becomes meta.  And heimdall is already super useful as the best true healer to be released since okoye.
    If they shake up the meta every few months I think people would also be upset due to the difficult of keeping pace with every release.
    5dp is unlikely to shake things up, IMO.  If his stun was better, then he might challenge. Ice for a role in pve, but ice is still better.  And while his black will definitely have some niche uses, 6ap to reflectots of damage that you have already absorbed just isn't going to cut it when the alternative is almost passive insta-damage with hulkoye.  Plus the combo of low health and high match damage really hurts him righ now.  That problem will fade over time as match damage goes up, but he will then be even further behind the curve on health.  Having 5* v1.0 (or at least 1.5) health, but 5* 2.0  match damage is just a bad combination, especially without true heal.
    All of these chars I was mentioning are not bad, they are pretty decent (specially HD), but the problem is that they are not chars you can build teams around them, they are not decisive, and for someone like me that pulls CPs very carefully, as I cant get all chars (I dont play as much as I used to). I pull when there is at least one really good char and then some other useful chars, so I am going to hope that whoever is released after DP is really good so I can pull for him and HD (DP would then come for free), but I am going to ignore Killmonger and OMD, as neither of those will help me that much.

Maybe the problem is that now we have releases every month, so they are adding more chars that they are not meta defining (but lately we have had some very good releases, ProfX, BRB, iHulk, Apoc, I was expecting one of those already).

I agree with Daredevil, he might actually be a pretty annoying (kinda JJ) character to face, one of those that can ruin your life in a turn if you are not careful.

Consideration: I am a PvE player, and not any single one of the chars we were mentioning is going to make my life easier in scl10 (I think), I get that maybe down the line some other char will be released that may add some nice interactions for PvP, but for PvE I doubt any of those chars are going to be useful :( Well, maybe DP black if he didnt have so crazy high match damage.... Maybe he is one of those chars that we need to keep under-leveled, his damage in black is percentage based so level is not important for it...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who you play with and who you play against really, really matters with 5D.  BRBitty isn't the best tagalong because 5Ds black may not help that much.  You honestly WANT to be heavy hit.  And the shields that normally work so well don't give enough damage.

Also, you want to play teams that have heavy one shot hitters and/or AOE damange but don't down you.  So playing against APoc or even iHulk can help.  You don't want to be playing a team where the damage is dispersed by multiple people.

I don't think D5 is meta but I also don't think he's bad.  A fairly solid character.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Polares said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Polares said:
    I am pretty disappointed, I think he is going to be another okeish 5 that sadly I will only use when featured.
    His black is decent and in scl10 can be pretty useful, the problem is that he is very squishy and tanks a lot pf colors over Okoye. With Apoc is different BUT they share red and black as active colors, so why bring him over BRB or Thor? And as a third I dont see him being more useful than SB or Polaris.
    In PvP, absolutely no reason to use him over the other meta chars. Maybe as a third in shield? But probably not even there.

I dont see him bringing anything really interesting to the tier (at least HD, OMD or Killmonger do something “new”). He also doesn’t have a good partner to make him shine.

Since Apoc we have had a series of decent but ultimately forgettable chars (5 already?), if we dont get somebody good/great soon I am going to lose the interest completely :(
    I think you are underselling the recent releases a bit. If  the PvP meta becomes dependent (1) on a character or team that relied on tile spamming (a la fistbuster or oml/Phoenix), then KM will become meta as the best 5* counter, or (2) on fortified tiles then heimdall becomes meta.  And heimdall is already super useful as the best true healer to be released since okoye.
    If they shake up the meta every few months I think people would also be upset due to the difficult of keeping pace with every release.
    5dp is unlikely to shake things up, IMO.  If his stun was better, then he might challenge. Ice for a role in pve, but ice is still better.  And while his black will definitely have some niche uses, 6ap to reflectots of damage that you have already absorbed just isn't going to cut it when the alternative is almost passive insta-damage with hulkoye.  Plus the combo of low health and high match damage really hurts him righ now.  That problem will fade over time as match damage goes up, but he will then be even further behind the curve on health.  Having 5* v1.0 (or at least 1.5) health, but 5* 2.0  match damage is just a bad combination, especially without true heal.
    All of these chars I was mentioning are not bad, they are pretty decent (specially HD), but the problem is that they are not chars you can build teams around them, they are not decisive, and for someone like me that pulls CPs very carefully, as I cant get all chars (I dont play as much as I used to). I pull when there is at least one really good char and then some other useful chars, so I am going to hope that whoever is released after DP is really good so I can pull for him and HD (DP would then come for free), but I am going to ignore Killmonger and OMD, as neither of those will help me that much.

Maybe the problem is that now we have releases every month, so they are adding more chars that they are not meta defining (but lately we have had some very good releases, ProfX, BRB, iHulk, Apoc, I was expecting one of those already).

I agree with Daredevil, he might actually be a pretty annoying (kinda JJ) character to face, one of those that can ruin your life in a turn if you are not careful.

Consideration: I am a PvE player, and not any single one of the chars we were mentioning is going to make my life easier in scl10 (I think), I get that maybe down the line some other char will be released that may add some nice interactions for PvP, but for PvE I doubt any of those chars are going to be useful :( Well, maybe DP black if he didnt have so crazy high match damage.... Maybe he is one of those chars that we need to keep under-leveled, his damage in black is percentage based so level is not important for it...

If you only care about PVE, then you may want to look at heimdall again.  he will save healthpacks with true healing, and although it remains to be seen just how easy it is to proc, I think 3ap abilities are something that one could build a team around.  Maybe not as fast as the meta teams, but unless you are playing for top placement, that's not as big a deal in PVE. 
    5DP will indeed be a character that is more frustrating to play against than anything else. Many characters in the game seem to have been designed as AI characters more than player characters, to be honest.  4KP's "buff" always felt that way to me: it made him noticeably worse for players, but also more frustrating to play against.  GED is another character that feels harder to fight.  I think 5dp is in this category.  6ap is hard to deny, and it will be essential to manage to has to eat that penance fare (plus the random damage from yellow will inevitably screw you a few times).
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not that it dramatically increases his value, but looks like he also rewards Spicy taco tokens...
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not that it dramatically increases his value, but looks like he also rewards Spicy taco tokens...
    Do you know how often?  I got one last night, but didn’t when I used him this morning, so it doesn’t seem to reset with the normal daily reset like whale points.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gravel said:
    Do you know how often?  I got one last night, but didn’t when I used him this morning, so it doesn’t seem to reset with the normal daily reset like whale points.
    I think Deadpool points are every 24 hours, not necessarily every day (starting at midnight or something). 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gravel said:
    I think Deadpool points are every 24 hours, not necessarily every day (starting at midnight or something). 
    I had the same question. I'm curious how it works out!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used the loaner DP against a Hulkoye and won in the PvP.  I just kept saving black AP up... and when I thought I had endured enough damage, and had a few casts ready (and by that time, my prof onslaught had downed Okoye), I just fired a few DP blacks off on IHulk.  Sure, he kept coming back, but he kept damaging his team doing it.  It was a LOT of damage to hit IHulk with over and over.  And of course, if you can choose green to make those potential cascades while using his black, that just makes Prof Onslaught even happier.

I think there's something here.  Like everyone said before, maybe not meta, but I think he has a place as a toolkit against certain things.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you use 5* Deadpool once per reset each day, you'll get 1 spicy token. So, every 40 day, you'll get:

Random 4* cover x 1
    Beginner Support x 1
    2750 Red ISO-8
    +20% Match Damage Boost x 24
    1 to All AP Boost x 24
    Healthpack x 10

That's the closest thing to getting 4* cover and increased access to Support token regularly without much effort.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When the enemy AI Deadpool has enough yellow, purple, or green for the extra effect on black, will it always choose one to be added? (assuming no ally has these ability colors) 

Is this secondary effect randomly chosen if they could afford the AP to pick more than 1?

Or is the standard 'color priority order' in place, as in yellow before purple before green? 

I.e. If enemy DP is standing alone with 6 black, 3 purple, and 3 green, could he choose the green? 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    When the enemy AI Deadpool has enough yellow, purple, or green for the extra effect on black, will it always choose one to be added? (assuming no ally has these ability colors) 

Is this secondary effect randomly chosen if they could afford the AP to pick more than 1?

Or is the standard 'color priority order' in place, as in yellow before purple before green? 

I.e. If enemy DP is standing alone with 6 black, 3 purple, and 3 green, could he choose the green? 
    I noticed on his pvp AI didnt have any problems firing purple and green. Not sure of yellow but the standar priority is not working when it fires purple easily.

I thought the dream team of matching damage would be KM, DP and rogue, if she uses shyphon power.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It seems like it might be every 24 hours for the token, but whale points do reset at a set time.  I use 3DP in the DPD node with the required 3* every day when I need whale points.  So I've been using 5DP in the node after that in DPD.  Since there is a 48 hour sub in PvE today, I cleared DPD when it opened.  I got whale points, but not a spicy token.  I guess I'll be missing the token somedays, unless I find somewhere else to use a 1-cover 5DP.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If you fortify his red countdown it should be possible to have more of them.
    For anyone wondering, I tested this with low covered Heimdall/Deadpool and it is indeed correct. Heim can fortify red countdowns and when you match them, you get the stun and an extra countdown.

And as an aside, that pairing is going to be a slept on power couple.  Quality red overlap is their only real problem. Pool is squishy and needs a tank. Heim can tank all but black/purple (and probably purple too with some extra levels). Then he can true heal with his cheap blue. He can even send Pool airborne a turn to match black for him (and Pool gets even more black when he lands) to fuel Penance. Not the greatest team ever, but solid. Daredevil Jean Grey or Hawkeye make good thirds.

As a third, Hawkeye will passively fortify DPs countdowns, making his red cheaper for every CD on out (and making it so the board can be flooded with them). Similarly, Hawkeye’s blue countdowns will get cheaper with each cast, and when they expire, can fuel DP’s already cheap red. Not exactly Beta/Kitty/Carnage, but fun!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also just finishing 4* Ghost Rider’s PVP showed me how much of a PITA Penance Stare is.  And that’s at 10 AP. I was pretty much guaranteed to lose a character a lot of the time once they got the AP, regardless of who was in front because 5*s deal a ton of damage and I had a lot coming back. He might be more of a problem defensively than folks think. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any good partners outside of Daredevil and the usual suspects yet? 

Cheers