***** Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) ***** - An MPQ Original Character

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking Burritonement can help to slow down iHulk'e offense because it destroys 4 tiles in the target's strongest colour, which happens to be green for iHulk. It's not 100% anti-iHulk, but he has tools to slow down iHulk and one-shot him.

As for new character creation, it's something that Marvel wants the dev to do. They even mentioned it in the twitch video a month or two back. So, I would expect more of this to come. Since the big boss wants them to do this, how could they say 'no'?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume that black just does whatever you have the AP for additional, I doubt you get to pick.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking Burritonement can help to slow down iHulk'e offense because it destroys 4 tiles in the target's strongest colour, which happens to be green for iHulk. It's not 100% anti-iHulk, but he has tools to slow down iHulk and one-shot him.

As for new character creation, it's something that Marvel wants the dev to do. They even mentioned it in the twitch video a month or two back. So, I would expect more of this to come. Since the big boss wants them to do this, how could they say 'no'?
    With IHulk his blue might be better anti IHulk if Green is the strongest power.  You match green to do damage then IHulk puts more out on the board for you to match and do extra damage.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we stop making up fake characters and just focus on comic/movie characters that are still not in this game.

Considering there is what, 300 characters in the game, and there are only THREE that aren't in the comics... you're exaggerating a bit.

Personally - I have no problem with unique characters, in any shape (be it made up, or Multiple Man)

• HoundofShadow
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I think it will be quite a disaster if he can't choose which food to serve. In that case, he will always fire yellow power first, assuming you have 3 ap of each colour (yellow, green, purple). On the flip side, his black power could be functioning similarly to the old Nick Fury's yellow power where you can add one more effect for other additional coloured aps.  I guess we have to wait for his Introduction... to find out. 

I've forgotten about his blue power because the maximum number of ap you can steal is 1 per target's strongest colour match and any further coverage is purely incremental damage. I figured you would be rotating between Okoye (black ap) and iHulk (green ap) since he steals from the target's strongest colour.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Can we stop making up fake characters and just focus on comic/movie characters that are still not in this game.

Odin the All-Father
    Adam Warlock
    Ultron
    Mantis
    Hank Pym Ant-Man
    Richard Rider Nova
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    For examples 
    all aren't in this game but we got fake Samurai Daken and now Ghost Rider Deadpool

Look for the reason.
    I wonder if there's been a pause on established characters because of the delay in movies and shows?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    My opinion: if he will not be meta due to his low health, at least he will be one of the best and funny 5.
    Pennance fare: some great aditional effects wasting a bit of AP on the colors he doesnt need. A power really cheap but it can be keeped for better effects. Now that is a lot of flexibility and fun.
    His blades are not so cheap but it can be holded moving on with some luck and skill a la daredevil. 2 turns and the damage he does is a really good thing.
    Now the tricky and best power for an auto stealer, that passive stealing AP on the target strong color. So swapping enemy its posible to steal other one. Plus the handy damage. Totally a must.
    About designing characters: what if series toon will feature peggy carter as captain britannia. Not sure if demi has taken benefit of this, but on designing characters versions sure they save money. I have no problem playing a designed character if it looks great like this one. I have a problem playing half baked or ugly drawings like segasonic and she was a comic character missing on game. (Sorry negasonic, in what I was thinking lol)
    About tanking: his best color is black. He will be tanking apocalypse. Do I want that? Yes please. 
    About pve: on the anniversary thread they said it was going to be a new event. Im really looking forward to play it, expecting a lot of fun and laughs.
    So he is another 5* that I must chase like crazy. Good.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe MPQ created characters get picked up by the comics. Then MCU a long time down the road.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Just like what happened to Peggy Carter...

I just remembered creating own Marvel characters isn't something new in the Marvel Universe. Marvel youtube showcases fans who create their own Marvel superheroes and their abilities.  It's something that other Marvel games are doing as well. For example, Kabam created Aegon, Guillotine and Morningstar for MCOC.

I wonder if players here would be opened to creating their own Marvel characters and sending their ideas to MPQ?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you fortify his red countdown it should be possible to have more of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That's a really neat strategy. Hoepfully, it works because sometimes those wordings can be deceiving.
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Is lost in space a new PVE event? Or is it the spidey 2099 one, because I swear that was lost in time, not space
    Yeah, also wonder if this is only a misspell, or a new PVE indeed. However wouldn't they announce this event with more detail if it was new?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:

Considering there is what, 300 characters in the game, and there are only THREE that aren't in the comics... you're exaggerating a bit.

Personally - I have no problem with unique characters, in any shape (be it made up, or Multiple Man)

Not to mention all the fan favourites (Beta Ray Bill, Apocalypse, Legion, Onslaught, etc etc) that have been added over the last year AND two new minion groups who were also highly requested. If we have to have a time travelling Samurai or a Taco truck driving deadpool every now and then, I don't see that we are doing too badly.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess they had planned (or even designed) characters as movie tie-ins for Black Widow and The Eternals. Since both were postponed, they needed additional characters to fill the gaps.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess they had planned (or even designed) characters as movie tie-ins for Black Widow and The Eternals. Since both were postponed, they needed additional characters to fill the gaps.

Not to mention Winter Soldier/Falcon.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it will be quite a disaster if he can't choose which food to serve. In that case, he will always fire yellow power first, assuming you have 3 ap of each colour (yellow, green, purple). On the flip side, his black power could be functioning similarly to the old Nick Fury's yellow power where you can add one more effect for other additional coloured aps.  I guess we have to wait for his Introduction... to find out. [...]
    I think we'll see what we see, but it would be my guess it'll work like Fury's power, but it's worded in a way that implies it will burn the other colors of AP. I think the base Black always happens, then the others conditionally happen additional if the AP is there. Hopefully you don't get a lockout situation like with HAvok's power that requires additional burn though.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Odin the All-Father
    Adam Warlock
    Ultron
    Mantis
    Hank Pym Ant-Man
    Richard Rider Nova
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    For examples 
    all aren't in this game but we got fake Samurai Daken and now Ghost Rider Deadpool

I like the unique characters 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I think it will be quite a disaster if he can't choose which food to serve. In that case, he will always fire yellow power first, assuming you have 3 ap of each colour (yellow, green, purple). On the flip side, his black power could be functioning similarly to the old Nick Fury's yellow power where you can add one more effect for other additional coloured aps.  I guess we have to wait for his Introduction... to find out. [...]
    I think we'll see what we see, but it would be my guess it'll work like Fury's power, but it's worded in a way that implies it will burn the other colors of AP. I think the base Black always happens, then the others conditionally happen additional if the AP is there. Hopefully you don't get a lockout situation like with HAvok's power that requires additional burn though.

I would guess that it works one of two ways:
    (1) Like Fury's yellow where the 6 black ap effect is guaranteed, and you will get between 0-3 additional effects automatically if you have 3 green/purple/yellow ap.  [this implementation would make the power quite strong, as all 4 of the effects at once is nothing to sneeze at, but also quite expensive, as each cast might consume 15ap.]
    (2) Like Havok's blue where the base 6 black ap effect is guaranteed, and then the player can select 1 of 3 additional effects (if they have the necessary ap). [this would lower the peak strength of the ability, because you could only ever get 2 effects per cast, but it would also mean that the black could be spammed without burning through all your green/purple/yellow ap.]
    My money would be on (1), but I think both are possible within the existing engine, and thus plausible.  Can who ever gets a black cover first test this for us?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont think so. Matching a fortified repeater dont destroy it, and its needed to be destroyed. 
    Now consider firing a power that destroys a tile or repeater. That way you could stun an enemy and try to stun another. Really tricky.
    I thought there was going to be a new pve, sadly I took it for introducing... my bad.
    I think it will be quite a disaster if he can't choose which food to serve. In that case, he will always fire yellow power first, assuming you have 3 ap of each colour (yellow, green, purple). On the flip side, his black power could be functioning similarly to the old Nick Fury's yellow power where you can add one more effect for other additional coloured aps.  I guess we have to wait for his Introduction... to find out. 

I think it will be optional just like the whales. In that case AI will not fire anything more than the tacos diablos.
    To be honest the danger of that penitence with 150% of damage dealt just for 6 AP is huge, without needing to fire nothing more. He would be the prime target on any team.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    I dont think so. Matching a fortified repeater dont destroy it, and its needed to be destroyed. 

Actually, the wording is "match or destroy".  The tile, at least in my reading, does not need to be destroyed.  Just matched.